Omni and atoms needed at least little buff for traction with surface

not exactly. if someones shooting you with cannons your atoms can block the shot completely. mgs are a bit different but can protect you as well. try taking a shot from a cannon with any other wheel and they crumble. atoms can absorb the shot and the damage, once the shield wears out you just recharge it and you can take more shots.

where there are disadvantages there are advantages as well and vice versa. you cant expect every wheel to be perfect. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I used Omniwheels a lot in the past, but I enjoy Atoms more. You obviously feel differently.

I find Atoms handle better, recover better when colliding with scenery, and stay on a lot better. And as previously mentioned, they are more useful for protecting my explosives.

Again, smart players wonā€™t shoot at shields, especially if their movement is higher.

Objectively atoms are weaker than other movements. The wheels are meta, the hovers are meta, the legs are cool, the augers are cool, the tracks are normal, the omniatoms are trash that does not compete with anything on this list, maybe except the tracks. And this is a fact that is confirmed in the game

Very ā€œusefulā€

Even more ā€œusefulā€, if you encounter gun stripper or brick

I mean, what and why you going to defend with atoms, if you lose your weapon (your mobility is bad), or you meet close range player? (Again. Mobility is bad.)

I made a couple Atom builds this week to see if there had been some big change I missed, and I had no issues with them.
Used a howl/whirl/atom build in Clan Confrontation, and scored just as well as I normally do.

And no, Iā€™m not protecting my guns with the wheels. Thatā€™s not really something people do with movement parts, except when under-mounting weapons. But the shield did allow me to run a gas generator without it ever getting blown up before the rest of my car, so yes the shield is useful.

As far as mobility goes, the build gets up to almost 90kmh, so I can easily keep up with hovers and legs. I actually prefer them to hovers, because of how stable they feel.

I experienced none of this drifting some are complaining of, which makes me suspect that some of you just havenā€™t really put the time into learning how to drive them. You need to learn how to use the quick pivot, and how to properly combine strafing with steering. Traction is not an issue, as I was able to push enemies around when I needed to, as long as I didnā€™t get wedged.

As far as omniwheels go, one of the most popular builds in console CC right now is Cyclones on omniwheels. And skilled players are doing quite well with them.

The only thing I would change about either of the two parts is to reduce the power drain to make acceleration a bit better.

One standard brick build in Levi CW can completely stop and even push my Atom Levi back, what a joke.

yes BECAUSE THEY USE MAGNETISM TO MOVE!!!
do you seriously not know how magnets work? :man_facepalming:

Thatā€™s very weird. Are the bricks wedging you and lifting you up?
Can you post any video of this?

Iā€™m having trouble understanding what you might be experiencing, as Iā€™ve been able to push builds with my light atom build.
How many Atoms are you using on your leviathan? Iā€™m wondering if maybe they are drawing so much power that you donā€™t have enough left to push? Or maybe you arenā€™t using enough, and are losing traction because of that?
How heavy is your leviathan?