Peak population UP another 500 people in a day! Go Crossout!

Before patch peak population was around 7k
IMG_1038

A few days after it climbed to 8k
IMG_1039

Now we are at 8.5k! That’s an increase of 1500+/- people since before the patch and +500 in a single day. That is a pretty big %. We will need to wait 30 days to see the full increase.

I expect it to raise a little over the weekend too. Go Crossout!

Here is a link to the chart for easy access

1 Like

Stop spamming and trying to prove that last update brought ppl to this game, steamcharts is not a factor of a game popularity.

1sec ago before you edited your spam you said +500. and now is +1500, holymoly its changing fast :rofl:

You have edited your spam 8x already, and you still forget to change the title, its look like 9th edit is comming :crazy_face:

6 Likes

What do you want from trotla :rofl: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face: :rofl: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

I knew it, a dev in disguise just protecting his job. You where at 12,500 just 7 months ago? Brought a bunch of players back with the big update, just to find out they made the same ol same ol even worse.
And this week they flipped the bird to all solo players.
All because they don’t know how to make money off of what i consider an excellent product. SOLO gamers are the MAJORITY of gamers. This game has shunned solo gamers from the beginning with uranium only being available in cw. You once said your endgame was cw, well solo players endgame are relics.
And if your going to use a stat wouldn’t the monthly average be better because it has more time to show trends, like the 600 players a month they have been losing.

7 Likes

@skidlo42 Respect. I’m a solo gamer taking a break from the CW Drama and pure headache frustration busting your ass and I literally have earned 8 Uranium in total during the months of working with people on CWs. Other clans are like, wow, you actually earned Uranium, impressive. It’s like a freaking pipe dream and the system legit mirrors the F’d up economic structure of today’s world. Rich keep getting richer, and the poor get F’d over and out. I haven’t played Crossout since I saw basically no opportunity to earn weekly badges. I hope things change but sadly, the system is so entrenched…I have little hope. Let me add, I’m not poor and have paid a large amount to Gaijin, team look me up, my perspective should matter.

4 Likes

Go back 8 months and then let me know what you think. The game is up what? 3000+/- from 8 months ago. The last year was one of the largest population growths.

You may not have been around here when we talked about it before. We know that 7 months ago all the people from the Chinese server came here, because the Chinese servers where closed. I’m sure many decided they didn’t want to start over.

Sad to say but thats just 3 day freemium

2 Likes

It’s up almost 6K from just a couple weeks ago. To me, that suggests these numbers are BS. It was an odd anomaly (the massive drop, and now a massive increase), and I don’t think it was never addressed, and has no current explanation, like the Chinese migration.

Besides, if Steam’s statistics are worth considering, maybe their massive uptick in negative reviews should also be considered. They seem to contradict that chart, and that alone deserves some consideration.

2 Likes

So where we can check PlayStation population? There is some legit source with players count?

1 Like

I think a better question is, why are these numbers buried in the first place? Why is it so difficult to gauge player population?

I think somebody here had a clever way to do that, but you’ll never hear it from Targem.

4 Likes

I dunno how much Gaijin is paying you for your posts, but I’ll do the same for half your price.

Did it occur to you that people who stopped playing the game because it sucks are logging in to check the update? Because recent reviews on Steam are down from 70%+ to barely 40% :eyes:

Imagine getting more players just to get more bad reviews. Literally the first time XO gets more bad reviews than good reviews on Steam (maybe because they seem to have burnt through their fake reviews budget already). What a success this update is.

6 Likes

Settle this debate once and for all. The reason for the very slight uptick in player count is because there is a ongoing review bomb on steam. The amount of players currently playing closely correlates with the amount of steam reviews and the total number of steam reviews have been on a decline for a long time. Yes there is slightly more steam reviews this month but that is because of angry players. The non sense rough monkey is going on with overblowing the fact the a measly couple to a few hundred extra people have been playing the game past few days means nothing. Watch how quickly that will drop in the coming weeks.
crossout steam pop uptick
Also that large spike in january didn’t mean much either because the amount of steam reviews that month didn’t go up either.

6 Likes

This is a great game. However, on the flip side, if it had any competition it would be toast.

7 Likes

Threads like this…I think I hear the sound of deck chairs being moved around.

The real numbers, as many have already pointed out, will come when the dust finishes settling from various new events, not just from the solo badges fiasco.

There are also a bunch of people like myself in standby mode hoping there’ll be a backpedal patch soon and just playing half-heartedly through sheer inertia. Sure I’ve been logging in as usual but the battle time has gone down considerably and lately I’ve been spending more time just fiddling with Confrontation designs in the garage. I might bail on Confrontation anyway – even those 600 badges from the clan tutorial are looking more and more not worth the frustration in the battles. If I can’t at least reach Recognized level to permanantly(?) unlock those 200 or so plus badges before going back to pure solo play then there truly will be no reason to continue playing at all: the progression will simply be too minuscule to bother. Oh, and those +200 badges for Recognized is probably more like +150 /week as some of those achievements I couldn’t do in a week (like the 40 raids one).

So yeah, expect a steady erosion of members after a certain period of assessment and reality check of just how bad the solo play hit is (assuming Targem does nothing).

5 Likes

Yes. Very this.

And, the rest of your post distinctly reflects my own current attitude towards this game. I am in that demographic for sure.

3 Likes

These are the numbers since the big update at the end of January, and been bleeding about an average of 8% and that doesn’t include the update that ended dailies for solo players.
And would you like to discuss the thread that no longer exists that had almost a hundred comments about the latest update.

5 Likes

That wasn’t a real population increase, we are not 100% sure what it exactly was but that was not a real spike in players. You can safely discard that.

1 Like

White Star Line employee playing with a monkey :slight_smile:

(Ok it’s not on Titanic but pretty close: White Star Line freight clerk on the S/S Gaelic at Yokohama, 1898).

3 Likes

We’ve had an uptick in new forum members here. They’re all logging in to voice their anger.
That’s probably the uptick in Steam numbers. :rofl: It’s people logging in to say F.U. :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes