Planned balance changes of the next update and a new co-driver. Mass testing

I hope remove genesis, and please just merge it with ammo pack
not balanced

1 Like

How is it not balanced?

I see lots of people still playing Avalanche on PS4 in PVP.
I use mine with Deadman, and the reload is pretty quick.
I think the devs are just trying to get people to use it more like a cannon, instead of like reloading lances. I always thought it should do more self damage at point blank range.

I saw a few in the copter brawl early on. It was hilarious, but seemed to be working.

Considering how slow and surprisingly light on blast damage it is, even with the +25% projectile speed… Yeah if it’s not usable point-blank it’s not usable.

I don’t use mine at point blank unless I’m pinned. It’s very hard to hit anyone at medium long range, but I don’t find it hard to hit people at close/medium range.
It might help that I run mine on omniwheels, so I’m pretty fast and can use strafing and rotate to compensate for the limited firing angle.
Honestly, I haven’t been playing it much lately because I found it a bit too easy. Instead, I’ve been trying to make executioners work.
I see lots of Avalanches around 10-12kPS still, and there’s definitely some PS4 players who do quite well with them.

The developers need to have a work day once a month were they all just play their own game, without the god-accounts, for 3 hours, then discuss it.

On the other hand, they could continue to simply analyze the numbers and make logical judgments based on averages, statistics, and popular business models, and then eventually hand that system over to A.I. Then, they can just go home and collect the check.

Our final Utopia will have been spawned, and eventually all of our burdens will be carried away, one by one, without judgment, by our sinless and pure, mechanical, servant-god.

Peace on earth.

1 Like

This is why I so rarely watch any gamers’ videos online. They’ve got ALL the parts… fused… and multiples of each.

Like… that’s not the game I’m playing, bro. That’s not even close to what I’m playing. They may as well be out in the back yard playing whack-a-mole for all I care. That’d have about the same in common with the XO I play.

1 Like

Genesis only give +1 unit
ammo pack has epic and its parameter is better than genesis,
It’s been years since this released

2 Likes

You make a good point…

2 Likes

No Catalina nerf?

New codriver, nice, good to see they have not completely abandoned these things like they usually do with many things they say they’ll add more of later on

Other than that these balance changes do not feel that great, sure it’s nice they are making cannons a bit better, sure it’s nice they’re supposedly making hovers be less…something, but at the end of the day I’ll be fighting the same annoying bullsh*t that I always do

Avalanche not being a meelee weapon anymore sounds promising though

What I am not excited about is the Yongwang nerf, I already find the weapon to be extremely lacking in use, and the only time I struggle against these things is when they have a Daze, but that’s not because the Yongwang is strong, but because Daze is annoying. Any build I use, the Yongwang just feels like it can’t deliver a good enough punch to do massive damage no matter how I try to run it, be it with Deadman or Harpy or any cabin and modules really. Should have unfused this and sold it off when I could, now it’ll be as bad as Impulses and Threshers

2 Likes

A fused drone (not fuze drone) will also give you an extra unit, removing the need for one Genesis.

But yeah I agree, it should at least give +2

3 Likes

Like I said the kaiju is basically fine, in caparison to the yongwang though its fairly easy. Yongwang may be good in CW where you have a team to reinforce you but in regular play when its a coinflip that your team will be good combined with artbuilds, experiments, and tolls, its terrible or at best average.
I do think ammo should be reduced for the yongwang, I hardly ever use more than like 20 in a match

Only change I really wish to the wang would be more dura for the grenades. Sparks just blow them up inside your barrel, that isn’t fun.

I agree that this thing has too much ammo xD

I noticed that yesterday trying to save a teammate, my yongwang build uses the cockpit cabin so I just boost away from sparks instead of fighting them so I never noticed.

I feel this way about legendary cannons in general. Every time I play Mammoths or Pulsars or Avalanche I think: I wish these were my Waltzs or Locusts. Double reload, less than half the DPS, a hitbox measuring more than 100 blocks, weight issues. Cannons have it all.

1 Like

Don’t take away my Yongwang ammo! I know most people play it as close range weapon, but I prefer to use it more as an area attack weapon with close range capabilities. I’m usually constantly spamming grenades, at least until I find a suitable victim to unload into.
I could live with a small ammo reduction, but going overboard would just push even more people to use it solely as a face hugging gun.
I’m not convinced it needs a damage nerf either, but given the newer modules and the shield changes, I can see the argument for it.

2 Likes

I do that too based on how the team is playing, I kinda enjoy playing it the way your suppose to… mid range at 170km/h boosting pass someone.

1 Like

Agree big time. Mammoths were almost decent, then Targem nerfed their reloading fro 6s to 6.6s, then we got Trombones and Destructors. Mammoth is absolute garbage now. Pulsars haven’t been relevant in what, two years?

All the beefy burst weapons that take skill to use suck lol. It’s hitscan DPS or near-hitscan scorps, or gtfo.

1 Like

Why do hovers make it more convenient ? Obviously, they are imbuing!