Planned balance changes of the next update and a new co-driver. Mass testing

Ya, “whatever turns your crank,” is probably a good mantra for this game. It’s got a lot of features, and the test server is just another. Normally, I like getting a sneak preview of the goodies by going on the test server, but nothing is really blowing my skirt up with this update…I’m glad to see boring-trucker get the nerf, though.

3 Likes

We are in an open public forum, so of course people are going say what they think and that’s why I come here. I don’t have to agree or like it.

BUT to echo what you said

Rule #1 of Crossout “Have fun! (and F*** what everyone else thinks)”

I love it when you have someone just losing it in general chat over someone in PvP missions. For example let’s say “Someone like playing the game shaped like an elephant playing drones” pretty much a useless mouth breather that wastes everyone time running around the last 2 min of a match just to die anyways :slight_smile: lol

But that is what that person wanted to do with their time and I support that 100% - Am I going to try and help them build more “effective” builds? Sure. But if they are having fun then screw everyone else.

4 Likes

I can say the same about you. Why are you disparaging for those who don’t enjoy it. How do you know most people enjoy it? When i made that comment i was talking for myself and myself only but you and your all seeing eye thinks everyone else enjoys it like you do. Some people enjoy it and some people don’t enjoy i can only speak on my behalf. If you enjoy great but don’t bash me for it. I only said once it is not like i am going on and on you just could simply ignored my comment, if I kept going on about it will it be hard to ignore but you could of easily ignored me it is not like I bloated the thread with it.

Did i ask you? quote me where I asked you. I haven’t even talked to you on this thread yet.

and quote me has well where I disparaged others for it. Get your facts straight

I’m not having much fun anymore, and can hardly stand to play this game for more than a few minutes. I’m not sure what happened, or what exactly is different, but I just hate it. I’d just take a break, but I’m putting some hope in this update to shake things up, and maybe this Battle Pass will get me back into enjoying it again.

I really like the dieselpunk theme, and I think it’s perfect for this game. Also the Steam charts are showing a bizarre doubling of population. It’s just going through way too much at the moment to even know what the game actually is or will be tomorrow, to say definitively that this game sucks. It sucks often (I can say that much), but overall it’s been a lot of fun, and I’m hoping this year will be better than the last. It’s going through some very significant changes. I can’t wait to see where it lands…but I wish it would land soon, wherever that’s going to be.

2 Likes

My wait times certainly aren’t reflecting any increase in population. I waited over 5 minutes for a heli match yesterday. Forgot I was waiting until I heard bullets hitting my rig & alt-tabbed back to the game. :joy:

1 Like

So… I think I know part of the reason why.

I know you and I have two different building styles and PS preference but I think we are closer to the same age and our minds work a little bit the same when it comes to this game.

Tell me if the below statement is true for you.

“I enjoy myself more when I have a project/task/goal that I want to achieve.”

The biggest ones for me are personal goals like “make (insert build name)” - once I have a build in mind I’m going to work for the parts and make it no mater what. Then the building is even my favorite part of that.

Then to a lesser extent completing BP tasks and events also motivate me.

Here are two tasks that will keep most people busy forever. 1) complete all items in the collection page (or have fun trying) 2) complete all trials.

I do have a new project. I realized that I have never completed ANY drone/turret/quad copter trials. Most of the time I have played Crossout I only played competitive builds, so no drones :slight_smile:

So with the upcoming BP and legendary cabin I plan to complete them all. While doing it I will build and post all the builds I make for everyone.

That will keep me busy for awhile.

3 Likes

I love building my own stuff, but it never works when faced with a spaced armor hover or a heavy omamori build. Players using these builds are all running downloaded builds too. I play XO to clutch games with builds that don’t exist on the exhibition in any competitive form. I play to have fun, until there is a squad that runs hovers or heavy omamoris with spaced armor.

XO’s gameplay is just trash, I can’t do shit against a mildly competent spaced armor hover fused for acceleration efficiency with catalina and MG’s. I can’t do anything against omamori builds that run two durable 5/6 energy weapons and a slab of hp. Heli mode is garbage that people stopped playing, because Targem did nothing to pad out flying hp bricks with autoaim and lockons, so my joules r useless. PvE? Even worse.

1 Like

A lot of my time is spent making the builds these guys download.

Sorry in advance.

2 Likes

I don’t really play anything meta, although I dabble in concepts borrowed from those builds.
I know that I am handicapping myself with some of the builds I choose to play, but that’s how I have fun. When I develop a build that’s too good, I tend to get bored with it quickly. I want to feel like I’m really working for every MVP, because it just feels so much more satisfying, and gets my adrenaline going more.

I guess that’s why I rarely complain about balance. Harder enemies makes the game better for me. I just don’t like when too many people are playing identical builds, because it makes it visually boring and makes the playing experience too repetitive.
But then my motivating goal becomes developing a good counter for whatever meta is dominating. It’s good to have goals.

2 Likes

They’re buffing something that’s already borderline op (kaiju) and nerfing something you rarely see because of it being high skill and so easily stripped (Yongwang). Sounds like the crossout devs.

I dunno, I play both Yongwang and Kaiju, and the changes make sense to me. I always do better with Yongwang than with Kaiju.

My yongwang sparks every game and is stripped 1 of 3. I get killed or maimed to the point of leaving for a new game by kaiju most times I have the misfortune of facing one. Yongwang is balanced in the sence that the farther they are the skill requirement is higher but the closer you are the faster they strip it. Kaiju has no real skill requirement at distance and is fairly tanky up close, only real disadvantage is turn speed which yongwang also isn’t great at. If they are changing the kaiju, they should make the over all burst do the same as before or just leave it, as there are bigger balance issues like hovers. The yongwang should stay the same or at most receive the same nerf as the avalanche (more user damage, maybe larger user splash range if they can code that separately from enemy) or add an arming distance (it bounces off enemy if too close) to encourage more skilled play.

Hi guys, stay nice to each others :slight_smile:
Hoping you overall enjoy the update !
Have a good day

buff breakers

I too am in the same boat. The fun to me is developing the build, but when I go into a new project my goal is to build something OP under the current game conditions.

I could spend an hour or two, day or two, a month or two on a build, it really depends. But once I got that sweet spot down I launch all my builds on the exhibition to raise Havoc on the game. Once I realize the designs I already kind of lost interest and start a new project.

Now, my more successful builds I keep in my line-up and I will play those from time to time, but mostly I’m always riding around in the latest build I’m working on.

2 Likes

Same… If I’m not working on a specific build or build type, I’m working on a specific goal. For example, right now, I’m not working on building, but on fusing all the components I use… and getting a fully fused set of the weapons I use.

4 Sledgehammers, 4 Maces… vectors, guardians, Sinus-Os, pyres, coolers, radiators, chameleons, radars, wheels… The bump a fully fused build has over others is immense. I wish I’d learned that much earlier.

I have one build for each of the daily weapon challenges saved. Those get updated, but rarely change significantly. I also have a faster slightly higher PS build for the easy & medium raids I keep saved & a 15k+ dual retcher for hard raids. The other 5 slots are for the builds I’m playing with.

Building just for fun takes up a huge amount of my time in the game. I have more fun fighting (and winning) in something absolutely silly or beautiful than I do in anything “meta.”

2 Likes

If you really enjoy playing a build then it is worth fusing. Non-fused versions VS 100% fused version are night and day.

I have mentioned it before (and I normally get attacked for saying it) I 100% fuse all builds I’m going to use. If something on one of my builds is not fused, then I have not completed my current project OR I’m testing a build to see if I want to play it. This testing could go on for awhile, so I might be seen from time to time with unfused parts, but not often. Also Relics take longer to fuse :slight_smile: so my relic builds might take months to complete.

Modules are always a good fuse. You will be able to use them on many builds going forward and are never a waste. Same with cabins and movement parts. Guns are the last thing I fuse.

Side rambling below: (skip this part)

If I remember correctly (without looking)
I’m pretty sure I have every cabin in game fused except like 2-3.

I also have sets of all epic movement parts fused except for 2. I believe One of the tracks and the Sabbath wheels.

Also I have every module in the game fused except tormentor and natrinio scope (or however you spell it)

Again… that’s something I wish I’d realized long ago. You’re 100% correct.

I saw a video long ago on Commie-Tube…er… Youtube showing the difference between a fused gun vs a non-fused gun. The 2nd part of the video was a completely fused build vs. a non-fused build. Night & day. Night & day.

I also suspect that people who think others are cheating are going against completely fused builds with completely un-fused builds. The fused-perks compound each other… making a fused build insanely more powerful for the same PS.

Edit:

If I can’t find that vid, I may make one at some point…

1 Like

While I think Kaiju’s fine, sayng it has no skill requirements at distance is… a stretch. Gotta charge up for 5s, gotta get to the right position at 40 kmh, and you gotta stay out in the open and lead your target perfectly for a whole second. If that thing doesn’t require some skill to be used at long range, then nothing in this game does.

Regarding Yongwang, it’s always been strong, and with the introduction of Omamori and 2 energy aegis, its nerf isn’t surprising. Went from Yongwang + Aegis to Yongwang + Omamori + Aegis in a couple months.

What I really don’t get, is the Avalanche nerf. I see a grand total of 0 Avalanche in CW every week (while I see a couple Kaiju every session), and I don’t see them in PvP either. It’s Snowfalls but with worse rotation speed, worse damage, worse projectile speed, worse accuracy, and twice the reloading time >.>. And that’s a fused Avalanche vs unfused Snowfalls lol. 13 energy (reloading module) vs 15, but still. That gun is crap.

2 Likes