Planned balance changes

Hello, survivors!

As always, we continue to share the changes and new features planned for the upcoming update.

Please note that all balance changes indicated in this news are current at the time of publication and may not be final or may not be included in the game at all. Some additional changes can be implemented after the announcement if necessary.

Special parts

Machine gun “M-37 Piercer”

Damage reduced by 7%.

Comment: “Piercer” was showing excessive effectiveness at 4000-6000 PS.

Epic parts

Crossbow “Varun”

• Base damage reduced by 10%.
  • Base impact impulse increased by 25%.
  • Perk no longer increases the impulse from the hit.
  • Ammunition reduced from 60 to 50 pts.
  • Durability reduced from 589 to 529 pts.
  • Mass reduced from 780 to 700 kg.
  • Accuracy reduced by 25%.
  • Now the weapon has a reload that lasts for 0.3 sec.

Comment: “Varun” stands out because of its high effectiveness, which it didn’t show before the updated co-drivers and the “Omamori” module appeared in the game. The changes are intended to simplify the gameplay against this weapon, while also preserving its competitiveness.

Cabin “Ermak”

• Damage resistance bonus received from the perk reduced from 10% to 7%
  • Bonus active time reduced from 7 sec. to 6 sec.
  • Bonus boost delay increased from 0.4 sec. to 0.5 sec.

Comment: this cabin’s perk was highly effective and easy to use which, combined with other ways of increasing damage resistance, provided too much durability to the builds with this cabin. These changes are aimed at reducing the effectiveness of stacking up the bonuses and maintaining them.

Mechanical legs “ML-200”

Maximum speed increased from 40 to 50 km/h.

Comment: “ML-200” were too slow when used without the “Steppe spider”, which noticeably reduced the variability when building vehicles with those parts. The perk of “Steppe spider” was changed, and the mechanical legs received the speed previously provided by the cabin’s perk.

Cabin “Steppe spider”

• Changed the cabin’s perk: now course rocket launchers deal 30% less damage, but have less spread and their projectile speed is increased by 50%.
  • Tonnage increased from 7000 to 7600 kg.
  • Mass limit reduced from 16000 to 14500 kg.
  • Mass reduced from 3250 to 2900 kg.
  • Maximum speed increased from 65 to 68 km/h.

Comment: changes in the perk and parameters are aimed at “unlinking” the cabin from a single type of movement parts and bringing its characteristics closer to other medium cabins.

Engine “Oppressor”

Maximum rotation speed bonus reduced from 100% to 70%.

Comment: “Oppressor’s” perk was making too much of a difference for heavy, slow-turning weapons, making some such builds too strong.

Automatic weapon “Caucasus”

Rotation speed reduced from 77 to 60 degrees per sec.

Comment: The gun continues to show inflated effectiveness in battles at 6000-8000 PS. The change is intended to make the gameplay with the “Caucasus” deeper, prompting the user to think about their positioning in combat.

Cabin “Ghost”

• Damage boost from perk increased from 4% to 7% per sec.
  • The time to accumulate the maximum boost reduced from 5 to 4 sec.

Comment: We’re enhancing the perk to increase the popularity of the cabin.

Hover “Icarus VII”

Tonnage reduced from 900 to 700 kg.

Comment: The change is intended to reduce the excessive efficiency of vehicles with hovers at high PS. Now, one has to find a compromise - either install more hovers, reducing maneuverability, or remove some armor, reducing survivability.

Legendary parts

Cannon “BC-17 Tsunami”

The perk now stacks if the speed of the vehicle doesn’t exceed 15 km/h.

Comment: the perk of “Tsunami” was almost impossible to use on armoured cars with hovers. The change is designed to both correct this situation and simplify the use of the weapon in other types of builds.

“Aegis-Prime” module

• Energy drain reduced from 3 to 2 pts.
  • PS reduced from 1200 to 800.
  • Cooldown reduced from 25 to 20 sec.
  • Durability of the protective field reduced from 1000 to 600 pts.
  • The penalty to the operation of other “Aegis-Prime” modules increased from 30% to 40%.

Comment: the module wasn’t very popular and showed low effectiveness when compared to “Omamori”. Reducing the durability of the shield and increasing the penalty to the active time of other “Aegis-Prime” modules will compensate for the decrease in energy.

Cabin “Machinist”

• Weapons’ durability bonus for every 1000 hitpoints of the vehicle increased from 8% to 10%.
  • Maximum durability bonus for weapons increased from 25% to 35%.

Comment: “Machinist” lacks effectiveness when compared to other heavy cabins.

Cabin 'Kami"

Vehicle mass’ impact on acceleration increased by 17%.

Comment: the “Kami” showed too much effectiveness and popularity on vehicles with hovers at high PS.

“Omamori” module

• Absorption capacity reduced from 360 to 300 pts.
  • Cooldown to the capacity recovery increased from 3 to 4 sec.
  • Capacity restoration rate reduced from 60 to 50 durability per sec.

Comment: “Omamori” showed excessive effectiveness, overshadowing other similar modules.

Relic parts

Disk launcher “Ripper”

• Durability increased from 581 to 655 pts.
  • Mass increased from 648 to 734 kg.
  • Reload time reduced from 5 to 4.5 sec.
  • Rotation speed increased by 80%.
  • Optimal firing distance increased from 100 to 200 m.
  • Disk hit damage type changed to melee.
  • Damage from a stuck disk increased by 2.5 times.
  • Durability of a stuck disk increased from 50 to 100 pts.
  • Melee damage upon hitting a frame is reduced by 70%.

Comment: The main change here is that when hit, the enemy now takes contact melee damage — the same as from a disk stuck in the surface. This means that now the disk doesn’t fly through penetrable parts, but at the same time its damage is reduced by parts with resistance to melee damage.
Damage to frames was additionally reduced in order to prevent the weapon from being too effective when hitting them.
The remaining changes are aimed at improving the overall effectiveness of the weapon.

1 Like

The changes look good but stepper spider need a leg or spider based perk. As it stands the cab is going to be very good for cricket/ locust hovers. High tonnage= less hovers= faster Accel. Give the cabin a perk that buffs leg Accel instead. Maybe faster wall climbing? Or some other spider related thing. Someone suggested a kapcans like web mechanic which could be cool. Maybe a net that can be shot out? Give slowdown effect or something?

3 Likes

All these changes look good to me.

The steppe spider perc is kind of odd, but I think people have wanted a missile cabin for awhile now.

1 Like

So aegis price is going uo

I think instead of 200 tonnage reduction to each hover they should make it 100. Like for example an 8 hover build atm will loose up to 800hp? That’s… A lot…

1 Like

I’m ok with most of these changes, even though a bunch of stuff I use is getting nerfed. I was using those things because they were strong, and I can cope with them being a little less strong.
Very excited about the ML200 buff. It took me a long time to get around to trying them, but I enjoy them much more than Bigrams, despite the obvious advantages of Bigrams.

1 Like

I agree, I feel like loosing another 200 tonnage each is way too much,

1 Like

Hows how clueless they are. They keep saying the dont want big heavy weapons on hovers then add the perk so that hovers can use the heavy cannons…i dont mind personally as i have fused Tsunami’s so maybe they will come back into play. It will make them heaps stronger than Typhoons now.

The 15% range it had with the old co-pilot system has already been removed from the Caucasus by implementing the new co-pilots… and now they want to take away the turning speed??? … The Caucasus is the weakest epic weapon of this level of rarity … and now they directly want to kill it !!! …

I was going to make several to fuse them and get the 15% range it lost… but now it’s not worth it… Thanks to the developers for letting me know that you guys will kill the Caucasus in the new update… so I don’t waste time trying to improve this weapon anymore…

Some tips on how to make this game playable again.

“Bind turning to the camera” needs to be removed. Its the most redicilous thing ive seen in this game so far. People no longer need to control their builds, just hold W and aim. Also it allows hover designs that would be otherwise impossible to control. There is no way to get rid of their weapons cause they are so deep into their build that its impossible to hit them.

“Omamori” needs a heavy nerf, weapons are too durable, mix that with the new “Bind turning to the camera” which allows even more covered weapons. What you are doing here is not even close to enough.

“Hovers” has too much tonnage and too low powerdrain, its a flying spaceship that cant be stopped now. Superior to anything else. You had the design correct 3 years ago when you could only have 4 hovers and you were fast, agile and fragile. Current design is just bad.

“Bigrams and MLs” buff the turningspeed so its playable again, i dont know what you did to the legs last patch but the outcome was horrible.

the end result of these things makes the game too dumb, and if you dont use these things you dont stand a chance.

1 Like

The steppe spider change is so freaking random and at the same time specific it seems to be made only for stonetoes, that guy that always play the same missile launcher steppe spider build, as i said odd and strange, why a perk that only affect one very reduced type of weapon? as for the hovers that’s not really a nerf, hovers have always been glass cannons… so yeah keep nerfing that shit that doesn’t belong in crossout until it disappear

1 Like

They have done this the last 3 patches…gone from 1100 tonnage to 700…how low do you want it - 50?

I see nothing wrong with it being what kind of movement part they are, could be wrong but I could have swore years ago hovers where only 500 tonnage

GhostChads we are going home

Also what rockets count as course rocket launchers? I know Pyres and Hurricanes won’t, but what about Flutes? Heather also is displayed as a type of rocket. Yokai? I know Wasp, Pyralid, Cricket and Waltz are course rockets…as far as I know, or think? I don’t know really. The Stepping Spiper perk sounds like it could work but on the other hand I don’t think that it can compete that much with other cabins when it comes to these rocket weapons. For example on a Waltz a deadman, echo or just harpy sounds way better to use than this weird perk

2 Likes

Lmao and yeah, I hate that build, it’s always a pain in the behind to deal no matter what kind of a battle it is, and that guy really uses nothing else

it’s not a buff, they are losing a cab, so the devs gave them more 10 kph to compensate.
Ml-200 will remain the same.

@60915652
they could do a cabin for that (wasn’t dusk or cockpit for that?)
IDK why, but they destroyed everything that i found attractive in the spider cab, there’s nothing for me now.
Machinist it’s the odd one, i’ll take the buff but that cab was fine as is, i really don’t have complains, the rest has been jumping around from nerf to nerf.
starting with Spitfires which are the poster boy of relentless persecution until nothing is left.
and their comments can be so lame at times.

Are they talking about averter?
cause one it’s legendary and the other one it’s epic. Isn’t that the normal order of things?

I don’t have either but WTF
I just don’t get the logic behind that comment

2 Likes

How would u not see it as a ml buff? It clearly is. Now Mls have their 10% speed buff + a perk from whatever cab they use. So now it’s basically double perk. Mls are more versatile now. They should be great for super heavy builds.

2 Likes

it does belong in crossout, it came basically as soon as open beta went out.

1 Like

It is a buff, because now you can put a cabin with a perk on legs and still enjoy the speed you used to only be able to get from that cabin.
Now you can make a machinist spider that could be much more agile than before (or humpback, cohort, or whatever heavy cabin you like).
That is definitely a big buff to ML200s.
And now, Steppe Spider use its perk on any movement part, making it more versatile. I’m curious how the perk might help snowfalls land long range shots.
The changes create more build possibilities than they prevent.

3 Likes

I like these changes.
I’m looking forward to the buff to ML-200 and Machinist. The Aegis Prime rebalance seems nice too.

I still find the Steppe Spider change to be odd.

2 Likes