PS brackets: are they real?

Yeah they are real on “CONSOLE”; At least Xbox they are. I played both PC crossout and Xbox.
Xbox Yes, PC I never noticed a cap maybe just because so many randoms just use what ever powerscore.

PowerScore Caps. (CONSOLE)

• 2499 or lower
  • 4699 or lower
  • 5499 or lower (Note: Light cap = Meaning it less likely to show a hard cap)

Also another powerscore on console is 6999, Its not really a cap just lots use that powerscore.
But yes 2499 and 4699 is a cap I run it every single day and never hardly get a match over that powerscore it happens but not to often and when it is like that its not a pro player / try hard.

But pretty much any powerscore beyond 5499 is non-existent. People say there caps there but higher powerscores get more and more random powerscores you see.

Another contentious subject. The forum is on a roll, isn’t it?

I think a “variable spread” is what I see going on too. I also see that it is more or less flexible depending on the mode you’re playing.

I think it was easier to see a discernible bracket system working back in the “before times,” but I think what we have going on here now is more sophisticated, regularly updated, more flexible, and better described as a “variable spread,” as Poony4u puts it.

I don’t know what else you can do, really. I know you can game the system, so I know there is a system, but they keep changing the parameters. Those changes have felt rather drastic this year too.

One weird thing I’ve noticed is that the more you play this game, the worse it gets, and alternatively, the less you play it, the more fun it is when you do. Just psychology? Maybe. Does that make a difference? IDK.

It’s more then this, it also has to do with the natural breaks in PS when running a full load at a specific rarity. I took screenshots to show and explain this before but didn’t post them yet.

The first 3 brackets are easy - it gets a little mixed up after that.

If i recall correctly, i did some observations last time i played adequetly in a ps that justified bracketing, and it seemed pretty obvious to me that the magic number is 250.

For example, a bracket is 7000-7249, 7250-7499… so on.

Maybe right, Just I know I run the 2499 on Xbox and 4699 and it pretty spot on what I know im up against. Maybe different if Crossplay ever gets here.

1 Like

Yes they are, but you get put into lower/higher brackets based on how well you do, that’s why you see lower and higher ps builds sometimes

then they do good enough to move higher, or bad enough to go lower, and go back and forth

I didnt think it worked like that. Just it locates many players as possible near the powerscores of what your running and everyone else and does as good as it can pairing people up on each team but also there is the factor of platoon / grouped people also. Which can throw of the balance off so one team may be higher powerscore average then other team.

1 Like