PVE vs rewards

@ RoughMonkey can you post some of your screenshots, just like Xbox_M_420 did?

If you note the PS’s of the bots you can see if there’s overlap in the type of bots, as we defo had triple punisher bots, scorp hover etc in those games, and they do still aimbot like usual, I just cloak…

I will say that xbox screenshots are a pain, as game clips can be found at gamedvr.com but screenshots don’t upload properly and I have to upload to twitter and then save to my PC to then send them here, so it’s a bit of a pain, but 15 second clips can be done quite easily, then turned into embedded gifs using the same site if they wish to

Based on the screenshots by me and Xbox_M_420 the game actually throttles experience for some players but not for others. The player teams deal about the same damage, but the bots the players face are two completely different types of animals. One is inept and holds the guns back to front, another type completely emulates human players and thus the results.

Guys, I am trying to see if there is a pattern when it comes how hard the bots are the players are facing. Can you please post your experience and platform?

This is the tally I will keep editing:

Player			Experience 		Platform	   Bot Scores
-----			-----			-----		   -----
RoughMonkey		Easy 			
Xbox_M_420		Easy			xBox		   Laughable
Babuskae		Brutal 			
SkySo1dier		Brutal			PC			   Player-like
?
?
?

Bots a dumb ad hell and only the never miss aim they have saves them.

Also why not just lower your ps. The higher it is the more alpha weapons the bots run around with and the reward is the same if 7000 ps or 15000 ps but you won’t get 1 or 2 shot killed on lower ps.

1 Like

Hey Sky, I don’t play patrol often, BUT when I get a chance I will make sure to take some screenshots and post them. Give me some time.

We are really here to help, not just say “Your Wrong”, but it is hard when we do not have the same experiences in game to just agree.

Also, what is your engineer level? That could also have something to do with match making.

Prestige 3.

When my team gets whipped out, that’s around 8 fellow players with lovely cars and expensive toys are getting whipped out. That’s not a squadron of rookies to be schooled and lectured. There is a certain game mechanic at play that puts these players into a fight that is actually harder than if they faced fellow humans. The evidence is the score in my screenshot - the bots produce solid results. Yet, why and how?

And yet I clearly see other screenshots where bots cant hit a barn. The human players in both instances have same damage output. So, it is safe to take the humans out - they are the same. The bots are the variable, yet mostly ignored.

Untitled

So this might be the difference.

I’m not sure my exact Prestige (I’m not in front of the game right now) but I know it is over 160. (Maybe like 168)

You might just want to drop your powerscore when you play patrol.

I’m 179, no idea is it does anything in patrol, i highly doubt it though as that doesn’t make much sense…

I think maybe look at the builds the players are bringing into the patrols too?

1 Like

It all comes down to DPS and power score difference. Let me say again, at 10K PS, you might face bots up to 14K or rarely even 16K. The matchmaker gives them a power score advantage, and the higher the PS, the more. As for DPS, a bot team that has 3 turret spammer meme builds will get absolutely pasted, PS difference aside. A bot team that has 3 retchers will likely fuck everyone up. Another phenomenon that occurs around 6-8K is that the entire bot team has Auroras, Triggers, and Blockchains, most with Photon cabins. These teams synergize very well, and literally melt people in seconds. Long story short, people die because they rush in like idiots and underestimate the damage the bots can do. and they bring builds that would be good for PvP, but luck the sheer DPS to hold back the bum-rushing bots that are full of it. As a rule of thumb, try to use raid builds in Patrol mode, instead of your usual tryhard meta chasing wedge shotgun cancer and cannon hovers and whatnot. You will be better off, and lose far less games. Going in a 3 man platoon like this is a guaranteed win every time.

I normally don’t have an issue either. I’m lvl 27 prestige (I don’t think that plays into it). I’d normally say most of the time the matches are way too easy. I play from 6k to 15k some are made for PVE others for either mode. Almost every bot has it’s own weakness in each PS ranges. Most of the AIs has exploitable faults though they differ from bot to bot.

Sometimes get sucked into matches that are almost double my PS. They don’t all end badly either. There are a few other unlucky matchmaker problems that do happen from time to time. At the start of the match they balance the teams if they have pulled a player in that is over PS on the player side they counter balance on the Bot side. If that over high PS player leaves an another replaces it but the matchmaker does not rebalance the bot side. So occasionally you have a 12k bot in a match with 6k players. Sometimes more then one as well. Sometimes it also just doesn’t replace the player so your short 1 player and have the extra high PS bot roaming around.

I looked at his build earlier and I think that’s where his issue is coming from. It’s a slow machinist build on wheels using 3 high mounted rupture shotguns with a ton of bumpers it has about 2k hp. It’s over weighted as well so his acceleration is slightly reduced.

(Side note - I wouldn’t mind a harder version of Patrol for slightly more reward, the bots are just fun to mess with).

Oh yeah, he posted a picture of that build before.
It is not good, we tried to give some pointers.

He would be better off picking up a 4th shotgun and then reworking the build on a light or medium cabin, and get his PS do to maybe 9k?

I also, don’t just think, I know it is the build.

This is one of the main reasons we really have to find out what kind of car people are playing to help them.

The key to salvaging matches where the bots are much stronger than the players is to stay at distance, use cover, not to facehug them. I definitely wouldn’t recommend shotguns on higher PS patrols. Try Spectres, instead, they are cheap and extremely underrated for PvE. The new Miller gattling and Retchers are also excellent choices, if one can afford them.

LOL wrong. when i go into cloak they can still see me for an additional 5 seconds before they stop targeting me. unless they changed it recently? as far as i know bots will keep coming after me for a while even after i cloak.

the bots i absolutely hate the most are the triple cyclone and retcher bots. the cyclones do way to much damage and seem to just fire forever with a stupidly quick cool down. the retchers can strip you in 2 seconds and always land their shots on you regardless of distance. its super annoying to deal with them. luckily the retchers are pretty frail and you can strip them if you see them ahead of time. the cyclone bots not so much, the damage output they have is just ridiculous. even i have trouble with them and i run porcs and arbiters.

Yes, bots can be super easy or wipe you out - its not PS its specific builds of bots.
Any hitscan weapon or high damage canon is a nightmare. Trigger bots of heavier kind e.g. will destroy you, light ones dont live long enough. Fatman bots are harmless if you can corner them, but at higher PS they are actually mobile enough and hit from across the map.
Its pure luck if specifically dangerous bots are in the game or not. In my experience the breaking point is around 6k PS. Below isnt wort mentioning.

Maybe for you, not me. i have to go and get them.
And you say that you stand there and let them shoot you…right. Scorps, Retchers and whatnot.
Perhaps you could share with us such build.
But all that it’s beside the point.
which is Patrol, doesn’t do what it says in the “tin”.

But there you go, i’ll post images of my build…again

And with it i’ll post screenshots from today …

which doesn’t help me much in the point i’m trying to get across, mind you, today i was lucky , only icebox meele bots, tsunami spiders bots, bastion bots with autocannons, red icebox with MGs bots , humpbacks with mammoths bots. The perfect preys. a couple of hovers but nothing special.
Oh, and this one too.

This outside of the point.
But i stand with my build i putted everything i know about building for tankyness
@63771550
it’s a bit rough around the edges for now but i’m working on it.
it will have tank tracks instead of wheels, i’ll switch the cheetah for a colossus.

@60915652
Again, i only have 10 points of energy and i use what i have, i can’t have a 4th shotgun. for now i’m using 2 x vindicators + 1 thunderbolt or 2 x vindicators + 1 aurora .
3 x 3 point of energy weapons.
or
2 x 3 energy weapon + 1 x 4 energy weapon.
i have limited options because energy.
Or is that or a LB with a MG

Master jack was the soul of my 10 k build, Grizzly can’t make it work, i have to rebuild it with the spider cabin or ghost cabin.

We might as well all start sharing our patrol builds ITT, maybe those who struggle can get some inspiration. If I fancy the thrill of fighting relic bots around 10-14K, I use the same vehicle that I use for hard raids. It works very well, almost guaranteed MVP, but particularly stupid teams and strong bot setups cause losses every once in a while.

For lower PS patrol and normal and easy raids, I use a similar build, but with Spectres.

Hey, I’ve seen yours! Cannon thing of some sort. Not sure that my patrol clunkers will help anyone, though. They… mediocre.