Questions about the new rarity

Given how little interest people show here, I’m willing to bet people don’t care. Yes they’ll build it if it’s there because duh, that’s a building game. Is it needed? Is it useful? Should it be the devs’ priority in a game where clanners are massively leaving because of terrible balance patches, and where no one could ever get a friend to play more than 3 weeks because of dubious business decisions? Where every BP buyer is so bummed out by Radiance that they burnt their credit cards to make sure they wouldn’t get scammed again??

1 Like

Not that it has to be done, but your view in this sentence is not an objection, it appears that it can also,This is not a boycott of this,As for balance, that’s a problem with all new weapons, not new rarities

In addition,what do you think is the preferred development option?

Radiance is an additional purchase location rather than the original season, the original season is simply Polar Light, true, the game designers they didn’t make it clear to the player at the beginning, but it’s still better value than the pack and worth it if the player wants to spend money for the game

I hate this idea. No more rarities. Specials aren’t even fully baked with special tracks, augers, engines & cabs. It already takes too long to craft higher tier items.

3 Likes

the ones you replied to are trash talking the topic with as little effort as possible. , to try and discredit the value of topic, they have NOTHING meaningful to add and OFTEN times are the ones actually exploiting the status quo as is to play unfairly.

Strongly suggest NOT replying to posts like this and just keep at it. there is NOTHING wrong with new ideas on how to improve the game from its current situation the only ones who don’t want to see change are the ones who exploit the weaknesses in the game for their own gain so they don’t actually have to put the effort into competing for real.

AKA bash others down so they don’t have to step up and improve their game to out perform. it takes less effort to needle a convo with " wheres the down vote button". rather than give a constructive comment on how it wouldn’t work and what been done that shows it doesn’t work and why.

they rather tie you up in knots fighting their meaningless comments rather than spending the time to flesh out how special gear would work and be implemented successfully. that addresses other shortfalls in the game we discover the hard way.
Like being on receiving end of infant clubbing preselect team running seal clubber builds in random PVP matches where your opposites are all randoms and average builds.

1 Like

discussions involve disagreements , get over it

4 Likes

maybe they missed the last 3 topics everyone disagreed with :joy:

2 Likes

To me it appears as though you want niche versions of existing weapons that function somewhat differently, similarly to how rapid fire MG’s and rapid fire autocannons are a deviation from their parent classes. Most of our wants for new weapons can be 100% satiated with all the existing rarities. Targem can add all the cool weapons to the game without any new rarities.

I certainly know it can be, it’s a matter of durability and damage, look at the dronapocalypse, they’re even making balances in defiance of rarity, if you get a serious feel for it, you’ll find the new rarities a refreshing thing, and you’ll be more interested in them than items that are already rare

Durability and damage are two of the most boring stats I can imagine, they make a no argument for more rarities. They make an argument for more weapon columns; more weapon trees the same way we have 4 different types of autocannon. Tempest/Whirl, Rapier/Storm/Whirlwind/Stillwind, Therm/Joule, and the oddly designed cyclone. Yet the Autocannon class is still cohesive, but diverse enough to serve as long range snipers, tanks, and high acceleration brawlers using therms or joules.
I dont think anybody favors green and pink sledgehammers.

1 Like

A high rarity shotgun with three energy points will allow for more combinations of high PS shotgun energy, now only 10 (25) energy, if added there will be 11 (5+32) energy or 9,12 shotgun configurations

By damage and durability, I mean that they can of course be placed at any rarity and increase attributes if the rarity is high, so implementing new features is not the reason for new rarities, it’s about making them fresh and interesting for players

K, add a new shotgun class with 3 energy. Add a module that costs nothing that reduces energy costs of all weapons by 1 or 2 total by severely nerfing their attributes like turn speed, cooling speed, reload, etc. Not an entire game bloating rarity level.

This is another new idea, which is not exclusive to

Your reasons

if the main goal is to increase player interest , which seems to be the point of this, why would a new rarity be the answer.

why not improving all the neglected areas that already exist. There is no reason these weapon ideas couldnt be applied to the special tier. we have 5 shotguns that take 3 energy , so thats not introducing anything new or interesting , and to increase damage and durabilty we have upgrades

The new rarity is based on the new weapon idea in that form, in other words the new rarity is extra, I’m saying the new weapon idea is available based on the new rarity and you’re saying no, you need a reason to negate the rarity as a reason, not negate the weapon idea.

Also, for weapon ideas, we now have 5 3 energy shotguns, but still only two hammerfall or breaker for high ps, a high rarity 3 energy shotgun is needed

what does this new rarity have to do with high powerscore , your original posts suggests this rarity be placed between special and epic , or along side special … which would make it relatively low powerscore

I mean the one between legendary and epic

that is mentioned nowhere here ?

New Rarity Weapon Ideas (Between Epic and Legendary) - Discussion - Crossout
New Rarity Weapon Ideas (Between Special and Epic) - Discussion - Crossout
Look, the 3 energy shotgun is between epic and legendary, it hasn’t changed

If you say that green 4 energy shotgun, it’s similar to the Thunder, Yes some like that, but more different than between the m26 and m29

maybe a reason this topic should have been limited to 1 thread dont you think?

creating a new rarity would be redundant when any idea for a weapon you could think of could fit into one of the existing tiers , you want new weapons not new rarity

That is not the issue we are discussing

I can say that this is similar to providing different resistances for armor in the beta