Remove air challenges

My vehicle was set up to run Drones, fused Call, Fused Cheetah, Free Arrays Wheels, Free Maxwell, passive melee and bumpers for ramming, and armor to max tonnage. But, while Cobras and Pythons do an excellent job of getting kills and kill assists, they do not do great damage. Swapping in the Grenadiers cost me three extra Energy and extra Mass. I can use Hot Red and a Radar and Radio and no Cloak, or use a Gas Generator and keep the Cloak, Detector and Cheetah which costs more Mass and raises my Power Score. But Grenadiers do an excellent job of dealing out damage. 5,000 damage a Mission is common. 20 Missions per 100,000 Damage per hour times 20 hours equals 2,000,000 damage. My Caln Leader also helps when he plays. He too switched to Grenadiers, but I just got mine this last Weapon Fusion Event.
Grenadiers do aim at and hit Enemy Helicopters, but the Enemy need to die and not just be hit. They run away and will not defend home base and refuse to be killed.

Surely everyone here has a challenge they donā€™t or didnā€™t care for. Trust me, I doubt seriously that Gaijin nor Targem is going to drop any challenge.
What they hearā€¦
Simpsons Bart GIF - Simpsons Bart Meh GIFs

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure you can clear all the helicopter challenges without actually playing a helicopter.
So why not just play a ground vehicle? If you want to speed it up, use any kind of DPS weapon with a bit of range to for the challenges where you need to get kills/assists on flying vehicles, and do the other ones in patrol with whatever weapon you prefer.

1 Like

what kind of game would it be if they removed everything ppl asked for?
ā€˜um Hoversā€™ ? :crazy_face:

1 Like

We are completing the challenges using our ground vehicles playing a mode we dislike, until 5 kills or kill assist of Armored Aircraft is completed. There may be only one Armored Aircraft per team. There may be 6 per team. Then, you damage them, and they hide until you win by base capture. They will not land in their own base and face three grenadiers and die like they should. They will not self-destruct and just hide until they lose. Thus, it is frustrating.

Exactly ! I did completed a helicopter challenge unknowingly this week with my hover build.

1 Like

I donā€™t think you should expect challenges to be ā€œplay the game like I always do with the same build I always useā€.
Theyā€™ve always been about nudging people out of their comfort zones.
No one is forcing you to do anything, but if you want extra rewards, youā€™re going to have to occasionally shake up your routine.
Maybe play something other than wheeled drones for this challenge, and you wonā€™t be so frustrated?

I am talking about challenges where you are asked to play with rotors, usually the daily / side challenge

Just to be clear, I am not asking for the removal.

theres an easy solution to this though, for them to add a few bots with heli parts on them. i know they can do it they just havent yet. they said they planned on adding in raids with heli parts, so why not add a few bots in pve to help with the challenges that consist of the heli weeklies in the pass?
i hate pvp and i hate fighting those helis myself. they are just a pain and i dont like doing that pvp crap.
add in pve bots that use helis and make it more doable.

1 Like

It takes too much time to find a single match, play it and then play another:

1 Like

I canā€™t think of one now that they changed the daily requirements so I can actually use something besides SG/MG/Cannon

I used to hate the dailies when it was just sg/mg/cannon

1 Like

I think the easiest solution is to flat out remove the challenges forcing you to play with rotors.
One guy also mentioned one of the many reasons i domt want to play the mode, which is long queue times. And that very clearly says that nobody wants to play the gamemode.

Adding helicopter bots may help with the challenges, but it doesnt fix the root issue, which is that the gamemode is shit and once again, nobody wants to play it

Because you said so?
I played it a bunch, it has itā€™s proā€™s and cons. There are definitely some layer of players proffering it. Some for higher rewards, some like to make use of certain metas there. I do like my little flying sniper car there, even though pvp feels broken sometimes.

1 Like

I see your decision isnā€™t going to change no matter how many of us give you alternative options. . Many have mentioned ways to overcome what you are fuming about. Your mind is obviously made up and nothing obviously can change it. GLHF

1 Like

The long queue times are why they add challenges to encourage people to play it.
If you hate that mode so much, donā€™t play it.
I donā€™t like raids, so I often skip those challenges. We all make choices about how we want to spend our time. No one is forcing you to do anything.

1 Like

This is a pointless input into the conversation.
Crossout is a videogame, not a part time job. Its supposed to be fun.
When they add ā€˜challengesā€™, you expect them to be fun tasks to complete with a reward, not an annoying chore.
Quite obviously, there is a reason that the queue times are so long.
Of course i wouldnt say a word if the mode was actually playable, except the ā€˜pvpā€™ consists of 20% literal spin-fights, and 80% homing missiles.

I do not know one single person who plays the heli mission gamemode, or even enjoys heli pvp for that matter.
What i do know however, is that most people are annoyed that the only challenge to finish left is a rotor one.

I enjoy air battles, and I think a few people in this thread do as well. So now you know some people that like them.

Iā€™m pretty sure the majority of players donā€™t love raids (although some do), and we have always had challenges you need to complete in PVE.
The reason they do this is to encourage people to play more than just their favourite mode, which helps keep queue times down for less popular modes.

As we can see from the history of Crossout, if a mode is unpopular enough it gets removed from the game completely. I would prefer that not happen with air battles, as I enjoy them. So I am happy that they are using challenges to boost numbers for them.

The funny thing is that I donā€™t actually love playing helicopters, I just like shooting at them from the ground and driving on the larger maps. Needing to watch the sky and the ground makes the game more interesting and challenging, and makes the sandboxes feel bigger and richer.

1 Like

If you are not having fun, donā€™t play. Tis that simple.

1 Like

And this isnā€™t Burger King. No ā€œHave it your wayā€

As mentioned before donā€™t like donā€™t play it.

Personally I have very short queue times that are very brief. And I have several friends whom enjoy the helicopter mode.

Do you consider any of us friends whom are attempting to ease this subject friends? If you are on P.C I would gladly accept a friend request and help you through the challenges.

I wish I had a pile of cash for every time I have encountered an annoying challenge since 2017. Did them never the less & moved on. I still see events I think are ā€œdifferentā€ and less desirable but still, If I want to succeed I have to do them . I just get it done & out of the way. But a good wise crack about them poking the devs about it in all fun is optional! Was I happy about them ? NO not entirely but its part of the game to learn.
In a nut shell there are many people here that would be happy to help you through this issue. I would friend you and help you through these missions your having troubles with. Just ease up and remove the chip from your shoulder . GLHF

2 Likes