Skip to 6k

4 to 5k is all boring borers,
5 to 6k is boring borers and quad piercer cars.
the fun starts above 6k.

3 Likes

To each his own. I made a nice anti-Borer build and oh boy, having fun!
But it’s true. Melee needs a nerf in some way.

2 Likes

I firmly believe that the best PS range in Crossout is between 7kPS and 10kPS.
Biggest variety of builds, faster average speed than high PS, but heavy builds are still viable.
You can see almost any gun, cab, and movement part getting used in this range.

2 Likes

Plows?

Tracks, and Wasps set inside deep between the tracks so that Borers can’t dig in deep enough and up close explosion radius don’t get to my fragile weapons… Can still fire them high up, but also low straight into the Borers. Do a head on with the boring Borer for laughs, and 1 rocket salvo leaves him with no weapons.

Works beautifully. And having the happy little Borer build excited to connect, just to get that WTF reaction a moment later when there’s a small explosion and he suddenly isn’t doing any dmg any more.
Man, I am enjoying it.

4 Likes

Mid PS range between 7-10k is much funnier then low PS for sure.

But I personally think that you do not experience the full game till 14k-20k

1 Like

Low PS heavy melee needs it. Melee is kind of useless at higher PS unless its paired with flame, bu thten you can go full firedog anyway. Its very specific Trucker+borer build that just is annoying. It is like slow and boring boom build - if it hits oyu die, if it misses it dies, but it cant really be countered unless you make specific ant-build.

1 Like

Those works pretty well also.
But wasps?.. bold and intelligent work around.
In the past i tried to use a single wasp pointed strait down as a defensive weapons against wedges but the blast damage would damage my own build.

It’s great, i know. Ah, ah, ah, ah.
And the best it’s when we realize our build still has all the parts in place, after we smoke one of them
Keep calm and carry on

Yeah. I was aiming at low PS melee getting a nerf of some kind.
But in the low PS, if that Trucker or Bastion miss, they don’t die. They are pretty sturdy.

2 Likes

It’s working like a charm. Protected form the sides and they try to headbut me. Whoosh - boom. No more Borrers. It’s even funny because for a few seconds they try to keep pushing, while another rocket salvo loads and fires. They realize they get no damage numbers raising up from my car and start to panic…
But by that point… well… :smiling_imp: :skull:

That’s why I tucked the wasps deeper inside, so only my tracks get a bit of the explosion radius. Doesn’t hurt them much, but instantly destroys the Borers.

3 Likes

I agree that it’s a different game above 14kPS, but I would argue that some players still use similar builds and tactics below 10kPS. However, those scaled down meta builds and that kind of strategy isn’t always as effective down there.
I personally find high PS too slow. I play up there sometimes, and I’m learning to like it more, but I don’t get the same thrills as I do in mid PS.

3 Likes

I like 7 to 9 k. Under that is long waits and no variation and above that is all space armor that looks nothing like a vehicle and its slower

2 Likes

Been absolutely murdering the melee builds with my 2499 build (normal 3 vector build plus 4 anti-borer blades and bumpers), my 4k build (frames and wheels laid out to be anti-melee[wheels inside the frames, bumpers and blades lining the outside of the frames) with the 2 sinus and 1 vector laid out pretty normal), and my 5k build (heavy anti-melee parts surrounding it with inner wheels and frames, like my 4k). Any melee at these power scores have becomes a non-issue. My layout could easily accommodate other weapons and still keep all of its anti-melee. What it couldn’t do is be a good seal clubbing base, as alot of it’s PS is tied up in other places other than its guns.

Edit/P.S.- Melee does not need a nerf in any way, it just has to be planned for. The same as planning around junkbows. They’re OP if your first millisecond of becoming aware of them is them hitting you broadside.

3 Likes

I’ve always found that ps rather boreing.

2 Likes

I like 6K. I like owning Melee opponents with my quazi art-build.
XO APC 5

2 Likes

Every PS has its cancers, but I agree, sub-6k is the most wretched hive of villainy and scum, not just because borers, but sideways sinus hovers, too. I have a 10K-ish Retcher build now, it is everything but optimized for PvP (it’s my raid build + fuel tanks), but still, it’s an incomparably better experience than I ever had on low PSes.

3 Likes

We (in the other game) used to call those type of people seal clubbers.
they are a specific type of players, for some reason they can’t affirm themselves in the current level in which they are, so they take advantage of newbies that are many times easy prey.
But in here, things aren’t so one sided as thing were in the other game.
In here, there are trade offs.
So you want to have a scorpion at 6 k? a flimsy little scorp? on top of your decrepit naked growl with wobbly wheels?
I remember in my early days being wrecked by cannons, at the second direct hit ( the first usually crippled my build beyond restauration ).And look at me now…

I’m Coming for All of You - YouTube

@99685560 Go get them, someday i may join you to crush once and for all, those pitifully little cannons

4 Likes

One of the reasons I play 6K exactly, is that there are very few sideways hovers. Maybe 1 sideway prick in 5 matches… I just don’t like those things…
And now that I have a perfect anti-melee troller, it’s the best PS I could imagine playing at.
All the other builds are a mix of every other rare-special-epic weapon. With no legendary.
For my taste, it’s all just perfect. Although I’d like something done so there are less melee, for the sake of everyone else.

2 Likes

I tend to agree with most of your logic here. 6k does have a nice mix of everything without a good portion of the cheese. If they had epic rarity aegis, I’d be here more often than not. Just can’t shake the love of going in machine guns blazing at top PS, directly into the teeth of the enemy team, without the fear of dying for what would normally be a bad decision. From there it’s an impromptu dance behind enemy lines, but damn if it isn’t exciting every time.

3 Likes

So how many seconds are your guns staying on the cabin? Also - you are to slow to catch a melee, all you can do is not being targeted first.

1 Like