Something that hit me today - Balance

Yeah, I didn’t use non-STs :slight_smile:

I was going to change that restriction anyway, since real monster trucks are usually four wheel steering.

1 Like

I just wanna drive something cool and fast, and smack kids with it. If I can’t do that…then I’m sad.

Me too.

The rest of this post has been redacted out of courtesy…It was quite the rant. You’re welcome.

4 Likes

I would like propose a new option of survivors who play Crossout. They love to build vehicles and test them out in both raids or PVE and PVP. They have fun for the sheer enjoyment of creation and sharing creations.

Here is a ride I use in Easy Raids. I try to keep the theme of the faction (Syndicate) and make sure it looks like a car. Why… Because its fun.

6 Likes

I totally agree, unfortunately the outcome of the match doesn’t depend only on you, but on the team assigned to you, it is now clear that the MM decides the fate of the match at least 90% of the time.
Now it happens too often that players with very different skills are mixed together.

1 Like

At this point in my XO “career”

I just don’t like stupid OP crap that you see 4/6 people in each game doing. Especially at low PS where new players hit lvl 30 with engineers and quit.

Upper PS levels… I don’t really care as much because the variety of what you choose to build is so varied.

I believe in buffs first. Nerfs only after trying buffs.

Hovers are OP? Buff the other movement parts to match. Don’t nerf hovers. Gun B is OP, Buff Gun C D E …

I am not sure what category I am in but yeah.

2 Likes

I’d tend to agree, but then again if something gets overbuffed, the logical answer is to nerf it back in line. It’d be kinda goofy if heavy tracks and legs started going 110 kmh and wheels became able to strafe. Tho one thing for sure: Tracks players would probably enjoy playing non-trash movement parts for the first time since years

Regarding weapons, TOW buff when? :joy:

4 Likes

I’m going with Clebardman on this. The easiest solution would be to nerf an OP item. If you buff the other epic movement parts, it would create an even bigger gap between Epics and everything else.

I would like to see them more susceptible to impulse and recoil. I would also like Hovers to have an accuracy penalty with weapons like Cannons.

Hovers have made High PS and Clan Wars a miserable experience. The game will punish you if you don’t use a meta build.

I’ve been playing low PS to avoid them, but I’m afraid that they’ll eventually migrate to lower PS ranges and ruin them too.

3 Likes

to balance hovers they could just slow rotation strafe , bring them in line with omnis

2 Likes

just get rid of them.they make making new maps impossible…or make water and acid ponds throw up damage to the hovers…
why do they get a pass? :crazy_face:

4 Likes

yea or like a vapor , all theyed have to do is add a green mist that deals the same damage , but doesnt add to the damage dealt by the puddle , wheels dont need more trouble then they already have lol

2 Likes

So you would over buff tracks?

What I meant is:

How many times have they nerfed hovers and hovers are still OP?

Perhaps it’s time to stop nerfing hovers and work on buffing other movement parts?

It sure seems like nerfing hovers doesn’t work. But hey, I bang my head against doors, just so when I stop it feels better.

1 Like

Hovers and wheels where pretty balanced before the 2.0 update, just saying.

3 Likes

Super Charged update (and a few shortly afterward) gave Hovers a huge buff. They could now fly at 95 KPH and new mounting options gave them more stability and redundancy. CW became infested with Hovers and is currently making CW and High PS miserable.

Buffing all of the other epic movement parts to compete with hovers would break the game.
That’s not to say some movement parts don’t need a buff. Items like Armored Tracks certainly do.

Hovers need a nerf.

4 Likes

The hilarious thing is that some of those buffs were supposedly attempts to nerf them.

4 Likes

How many times have they told you they nerfed hovers but actually buffed their speed and dura and reverted the drawbacks 2 weeks later because of hovers cryhards?

If +15 kmh halved PS halved hitbox is a nerf, then ofc nerfing hovers never works lmao. I’m not sure Targem not even trying to nerf hovers means hovers can’t be worse than they currently are. And wether you raise other movement parts to hover level or bring down hovers to others’ level, really doesn’t change much. If you can do one you can do the other, and bringing back the outlier in line is way faster.

And yes, if hovers stay like they are, no way to make goliath competitive unless you make it go 120 kmh and make it literally indestructible lmao. That’s the power gap between epic movement parts rn. Goliath was already garbo when hovers went 75 kmh with half the dura, twice the size, and no omnidirectional mounts. Imagine now (^%

@CamoWraith IMO the three heavy tracks need a perk that straight up blocks overpen damage. No exec or scorp perk, no ram damage piercing the shit out of it. Or at least 50% heat resist. They’ll never be XO’s tanky movement part without this.

3 Likes

You’re not wrong. It’s not just Goliaths of course.

I tried making ML200s work, but no… LOL

Something that slow may as well not move at all, I don’t care how sturdy it is. :poop::poop::poop:

1 Like

Oh it usually stops moving really fast against hover scorps anyway, they just turn around a pilar taking pot shots at your legs until you can’t move. Then they come here and call people who claim hovers are broken “crying kids” who need to “learn to play”. Man the amount of games I lost as a spider against two hovertarts I degunned and slapped around until they just run away and play the clock, it’s depressing. There’s no “learning to play” involved here, just free wins for a disgustingly broken part.

I really want to love this game but the gameplay and balance updates are real garbage, lets be honest >.>

5 Likes

I’ve always been of the mindset that you can just play other parts of the game and avoid the hovers or other broken parts of the games.

To a degree, that’s still true, but I feel like the unbroken parts of the game keep getting smaller. Matchmaker is all but killing PVP, PVE raids are boring and forgotten by the devs, and I’m actually surprised Adventure is still offered at all.

I keep telling myself to only play the parts of the game I actually enjoy… Not to sweat grinding…

So that leaves building rigs I can’t use like the cool tilted rig with MLs on the front that’s too slow to be useful… And… I dunno… I really enjoyed the helicopters, and the drone battles are fun for about 10 minutes. Other than that, I’m fairly well relegated to sub 7k matches where ugly hover builds are dominating and MM doesn’t absolutely ruin any chance at a fair match. :man_shrugging:

The hover situation is easy to fix, and we can all come up with a dozen simple ways to fix it. The ugly truth is that they apparently don’t want to fix it (any conspiracy theory works for me as to WHY they don’t want to fix it). The nerfs were buffs in disguise (or mistake), and no amount of buffing Bigfoot wheels is going to help.

To fix it, the devs have to decide they’re willing to risk losing hover whales in the process.

1 Like

I can attest from my time spent around Clans that hover players dump a SHITLOAD of money into the game to get advantages. Just saw a guy on Youtube who was like “I only spent 25k dollars in 5 years” trying to flex about his income lmao. To a lesser extent, you take a look at most clans, meta chasers typically dump hundreds into every battle pass to pimp their hovers. But what Targem fails to realize, is that they’d be Augers players if Augers were the shit. No they wouldn’t quit the game, they’d just suck it up, let their hovers take dust in their garage, and pull out the credit card to perfect fuse a set of 6 Augers lol. And if the game was balanced, they’d fuze everything. Just seems logical to me shrugs

One friend recently stopped playing. He’s more fragile than some of us regarding addictive behavior, he uninstalled after realizing he just spent 50€ on BP level ups to make a hover that would rekt opponents… Dude plays wheels and shotguns, wants nothing to do with hovers, but here we are. This is EXACTLY the goal of the predatory business tactics of publishers like Gaijin, EA or Blizzard.

Anyway, the truth is, these games have no competitive value whatsoever. Played my fair share of CCG cashgrabs as a normal paying responsible human being (30-50e / game max), I shoud know etter. Just, the shooter nature of this game triggers my competitive instinct :star_struck:

1 Like