Something that hit me today - Balance

What you have list or group out are on players mostly play on battles. We have parts of the game which we like to build. To be able to do that, we have to aim to unlock as many parts as far as disposable. I also know a few players aim to do Clanwars. I am sure there are number of players like to PvE side of the game. Surly there are players like to do races.

The most usual thing players do are very likely to aim to progress from PvP and/or PvE to unlock levels and parts. Some like to do the market tradings. I did on the PC side.

As for the balance on the battles (PvP), players should talk about the PS range they know about. We should rely on the game company to take all the reports and work from there. Because the re-balance should cover all ranges. We shouldn’t expect them to get it right at one go.

Something too good over the other parts usually mean it is unbalanced. We all should know the game will move on, same as life. What we enjoy may NOT be available forever.

1 Like

If anyone doubts this kind of player exists in large numbers, the next time a battlepass comes out with a high dollar weapon like the Athena, wait 2 days & then go look for it in the exhibition.

They are out there… and there are many of them.

2 Likes

:100: this

I already have fully fused sets of all the epic movement parts just waiting for something like this.

Most the guys I know do. We can flip metas on a seconds notice.

We fuse stuff when it is cheep and hold it.

The only difference is I made my coins from the market and playing instead of a credit card.

2 Likes

I just saw a console player posting on reddit a screenshot of his market history. Flipped a Cucaracha for like 5k coins proft in a day :joy:

Think I’ll spend half an hour on the market tonight…

1 Like

i think the same guy was flexing in facebook comments , i remember thinking damn you coulda bought a sick motorcycle but you sat there playing video games instead

4 Likes

What’s even more ridiculous is how bad the forums lit up with hover users complaining that they were “ruined” when it happened. I guess some people still think they got nerfed?

They seem like a constant problem. I’m guessing they’ll add some more wobbling to hovers in the future, because simply nerfing their speed and durability while leaving the handling alone doesn’t make sense to developers who don’t don’t share our interest in playing this game. Seems pretty straight-forward to me, but whatever.

You must realize Hovers just got a major buff though, right? Seems like an out of context comment considering how fast they go, and how prolific they are right now. It’s not exactly an un-true statement (they sure mess with hovers a lot), but it seems a bit tone-deaf, considering their current state.

Did they get new management? It seems like there’s been a surge of stupid this year.
“Anybody can make a mistake, but it takes management to really screw things up” - Some Blue-Collar Guy

Totally, because at this point it must be intentional…or brain damage. IDK. I’m assuming there is a reason. There must be, but my tin-foil hat isn’t picking up any signals. My money’s on this game has become too complicated for the developers to handle, and much more of this sprawling game architecture is going to cause the whole thing to collapse. I expect it to get worse. Why wouldn’t I? It’s pretty consistent. I expect the next battle pass to be the worse one yet, for example, since that is the trend. Each is worse than the last.

I’d bet on that. They sound like soft targets to me. I think I’ve seen similar stories. Some guy on Reddit was getting recently mocked for complaining he spent 2K here and his game still sucks. Pay2win? Is that “winning?” IDK. Sounds like loosing at life pretty hard if you’re getting pwnd to the tune of thousands by these hustlers and the game still pisses you off.

This (Polar Lights) is the first Battle Pass I regret buying. It looks like complete garbage energy that could have been better spent improving the game in a different way.

Right now I play for fun (when it’s fun), and I have no intention of earning anything, or crafting anything. I play and just pile up resources that have no purpose. I don’t expect anything I build, craft, or buy to improve the gameplay at all, so I don’t. I’ve tried lots of different things, but it all seems like the same BS, at least as far as PVP is concerned. The game’s screwed up at the management level, I think, and I can’t reach that with my wallet or grind.

2 Likes

They just removed some of the wobbling from the blue one in last patch. Or the one before that? Can’t remember which.

Buffed again

2 Likes

My only goal is to have as much variety of parts - especially modules & weapons - as possible. Reason being - variety seems to be what keeps the game from getting stale for me.

4 Likes

Did they ninja nerf frames? I keep popping kids with the fangs on my Sledge-Wedge, like I’m running a Tusk. I don’t recall passive melee being this effective. Maybe I’m just in a sweet-spot (mass and speed) with that build. IDK.

It just occurred to me that they might be carrying that new power module too. IDK. I hear that pops pretty good when it goes off.

1 Like

I think mid PS is a lot less bumper heavy since hovers took over and borer trucks disappeared. People probably switched to super light frames and minimal passive melee to catch them flying boys.

1 Like

i am noticing something today in the bots that tells me noone will ever be completely satisfied with the balance of this game

2 bots in particular at 3k powerscore , 1 with aurora and another on hovers

Sorry about the late reply guys.

This would make Goliaths very formidable, but not Armored or Tank Tracks. While the tracks will be very durable, the rest of the vehicle won’t be. Hovers and Dogs will still go for guns and other weak points.
Mobility is Meta, that’s the reason why it’s always hovers vs dogs.
There’s gonna have need to be a new mechanic and a lot of rebalancing of weapons to significantly shake up balance right now.

I love playing low PS. I have some high/ med PS vehicles, but there’s something fun about low PS. I have one built from all Common parts that’s less than 2500PS.

2 Likes

Lower PS builds are more speedy games. I do like them better too.

4 Likes

I hear this said over and over.

It’s just not true. Some people decide to make slow builds in high PS, but I find the most effective builds in high ps are very fast.

Many high PS players will have all of our stuff power and mass fused.

Just because you may not have the gear to make a fast high PS build (I get it, it takes a long time) does not mean other people don’t.

1 Like

You’re not wrong, but I would argue that mid PS (7000-10 000) is where you see the most fast builds.
There’s also the reality that high PS builds are much more likely to be built to their mass limit, and are more likely to have a lot more movement parts. You’re just not going to see many small four wheel builds, because even with legendary and relic items, your PS is going to be much lower than the same weapons on a ten hover build using all 80 parts.
I’d love to play some of my fastest cars at higher PS, but I can’t get them there without slowing myself down. But all my heavy builds with the same weapons end up a few thousand PS higher.

Regardless of whether high power score rigs can drive fast, high power score games usually involve more than a minute of stare downs before any real fighting is done.

In high power score games I usually park my car behind cover and study the map for a while to see when the enemy crosses the demarcation zone and predict where the fight is going to go down.

Low power score games are much less about zone battles and more about shooting your opponent’s guns off. They are generally over much more quickly.

3 Likes

I will agree there are more at this power score, but I’m still trying to figure out when people say Low PS - what do they mean.

Since I mostly play 16k+ that makes 7k-10k low PS play to me. (I understand there are lower brackets but I would honestly consider those new guy brackets for the most part. No offense intended.)

But I feel a lot of time people mean 2499 - 6499 as low PS. (That range covers 3 low PS brackets)

I think we still have guys here that think 10k-12k is high PS.

Also, it really is a misconception that builds at High PS are all slow.

Maybe a better way to look at it would be to consider the Power-score of the components being used, rather than the build itself. 9K and up is basically all the same top-shelf fused crap, but more of it the higher you go. Still all top shelf whale stuff winning, and that’s the only relevant difference, IMO.

1 Like

Maybe in Clan Wars - this is also a misconception about ultra high PS.

Question: have you ever played a 18k+ build?

If not then it’s just an idea of what you think that bracket is like more then it is reality.

When I log into an “Unlimited” PS PvP mission game (this is pretty much any PS beyond the last bracket), everyone is not all running cookie cutter Meta builds. They might not be 4 wheeled cars, but just because a build has multiple wheels or is on hovers is far from what defines the Meta.

I also think people have a misconception of what Meta means. You can have a Hover Space Armor Pile of Metal and if it is not running what is considered the current best meta weapons then it is not a Meta build.

For example: if I make a spaced armor hover with “pulsars” or “Assemblers” that sooooo far from Meta because those weapons suck.