Suggestion: fused items and co-drivers increase PS

No one is screeching for nerfs.
But many of us would like the game to be more welcoming to new players, hence the suggestion.
I don’t personally care at all, but I can see some sense in the argument that fusions and co-drivers allow experienced players to bypass the attempted fairness of the matchmaking system.
The only situations where I see this being potentially useful is in low PS. I am not suggesting big enough PS increase to really impact mid and high PS.

3 Likes

Ok, how would you suggest proving or disproving it?
Shall I make an 7999PS build, and record the PS range of my teammates and opponents for several matches, and then add a headlight or something to get up to 8001PS, and do the same test?
Do you really think there will be a difference?
(I know there won’t be, because I used to believe in this myth until I tested it a long time ago. Completely willing to do it again, if it will get you to admit you are wrong)

true this,on PC…playing 7k ps ,i get 7k and 8k sometimes now that we have more players.but i use to get 10k+ months ago and teased my friend saying to him’why you in my 7k with your 10k’ lol…

1 Like

I Think giving fused items more ps is a bad idea.

However seeing this new codrivers system I think it would be best that codrivers add a certain amount of powerscore.

gg wp with this thread, poony! you provoked the nay sayers into a completely mask off line of argument.

weve been over this. you being all wholesome about and at peace with being a sleazebag doesnt really change much on the ground. you reap what you have sown.

very smart thinking. i usually dont recommend consoles but for you i think its a perfect fit.

this is a false equivalence. if you think your build is only balanced at its ps with everything fused, then your build without the fusions would be underpowered at the same ps. that means the items you use are most likely underperforming and its a general balance issue that isnt affected by this fusion ps idea.

xbox and tenshins posturing is a sight to behold, but nothing compares to the warrior face you get when you threaten to take away a tin players “fruit of their efforts”. “no real point to putting in the effort” if you cant get an advantage, just as i said in my first post here.

the fusion system exists so people like the above mentioned can pay for an advantage. if you take that away from them they feel “punished” and dont see a point in paying anymore. mega karen says exactly this right here if you read just a little bit between the lines.

he has offered you a solid way of testing it for you, you cant get out of this one without losing face im afraid. hes almost certainly right.

2 Likes

I was only pointing out to these gimps how misguided this idea is. By providing an example of how many parts can be fused in one vehicle, and how little each of them contributes to increasing its combat performance. Which was supposed to convey that increasing a part’s PS because it’s upgraded is ridiculous. In case they didn’t count, that’s 25 upgraded parts, the car’s name on the exhibition provided so they can verify. NZChazman’s suggestion contained some actual details, so I used it. I even added up the extra points for their convenience, which totalled at 3895 - for a Clarinet car. Just because I have 24 non-weapon parts on my car that I want to upgrade for cumulatively noticeable performance, I should be punished with that many additional points. That’s insane! And that’s what I meant. (I wasn’t targeting NZChazman, I meant to show them exactly how wrong this concept is.)
And as for this or any other weapon - should the PS be increased? The -17% weight is just 45 kg, the -9% reload time matters only when an enemy is relatively close or when I need to cancel a missile, e.g., to uncloak a sneaker, and the +15% turn speed only helps me make certain tricky shots. If anything, I could accept +5% PS at most just for the weapon, and let’s go home. (Still not justified, but that’s as much as I can grant them.)

Didn’t say that.

You’re really not fun at this point. Supposed the be the resident master of irony.

That was irony. To make it even more clear how wrong they were. (And to anticipate any jokes to the effect that “Maybe the weapon would justify a PS reduction, LOL.” So they don’t get to post them first.)

I’m doing fine. Just an elite player showing a car built to perfection as an example. Watch the first 31 sec. of this video and tell me if I’m underperforming… Or watch the rest to see an MVP with 6 missile hits and some ramming. More of that on my channel.

A better way to balance the Cockpit would be to set the max. bonus at 100% or 90% and have it drop for each energy point spent on a weapon. For a leviathan with 50 points in weapons, that’s 50% or 40%, respectively, and for me, 95% or 85%. By coincidence, it’s true there is a balancing issue that makes my car underperform, but I wasn’t complaining this time. I’m trying to become a better player to overcome the recent handicap of the Cockpit perk bonus getting reduced to 40%. The big question is not whether the vehicle underperforms - but if the player does. If I can still be a valuable asset to the team and that can be achieved by adopting better tactics - that’s all that matters. And if it turns out that no amount of improved tactics can make it work, I’ll stop using this car, so as not to be a burden to the team. There is no one else that could answer this question, because there is no other Clarinet pilot beginning to approximate my skill level. So you can relax and wait for the results, if you care. (Because if you don’t really know a weapon, you don’t have a reliable basis for any conclusions.) And the recent “TOW” brawl shows exactly where the developers are:

How much more? How much less? How should I rebuild? No, wait… It’s just an empty utterance, with no clear purpose, and no argument for anything; intended to upset, provoke, and provide a basis for further trolling. That’s a case in point of how this particular troll operates: throws a vague non sequitur without any serious thought, merely as a primitive reflex, hoping that someone will waste their time trying to find meaning in this, and then waste some more time attempting to come up with a reply that a simpleton could understand. Or maybe I just wasted some time crediting such a person with any purpose whatsoever. I don’t care. I’ve seen enough trolling to know an empty utterance is just that.
To my knowledge, this is the worst troll on the forum.
If anything, this type of behavior may suggest that’s a bad player (also bad at building), trying to make up for a lack of motivation to improve by copious, but mostly empty, activity on the forum. It’s easier to post a bunch of nothing than work on one’s tactical, building and weapon skills. At this point, it’s an illness:
2022.06.30 002a
This screenshot is from 2022.06.30. Latching onto anything. It looks like a job. If someone has this hard a time focusing on gameplay, there is no point being interested in anything relating to the game. How empty does one’s life have to be if spamming on a forum is entertaining?
By upvoting that comment, the Doctor ultimately exposed himself as a bad player hiding behind the ‘art’ tag. And that’s actually useful. It helps me understand more about the so-called ‘art’ type of players. I try to keep an open mind and still hope it is a legitimate category deserving respect. But lazy casuals hiding behind the ‘art’ tag certainly give it a bad name.

I’m still waiting for suggestions on increasing my car’s PS. Maybe they have something. In another thread, more or less the same group talks about how balancing limits creativity. Now - the other way around: it’s my building creativity that is wrong, and not the idea of limiting building creativity they didn’t even fully think through (exept NZChazman trying to flesh it out, but still wrong). :grin:

I don’t care that this post got hidden by some coward that can’t face the truth or doesn’t understand simple logic. With how much unproductive whining I’ve seen so far, I don’t have much hope for anything to get accomplished on this forum. If most of the forum users don’t care for objective analysis of the various issues and honest discussion, there’s no point. With the rest having been nudged over to reddit, it’ll be the same every time.

It was my mistake harboring hope that every discussion is fundamentally an effort at finding sensible solutions. Safe space echochamber bubbles like this are supposed to keep casual players safe from a search for objective truth and I shouldn’t have stepped into this.

Is that directed at me? Yikes. If it is, lets just make it clear now that I am not good at video games at all, and this one often makes very little sense to me, but I try to make it work because I find the build feature and themes very entertaining. As for it being a game, I think it’s wonky AF, and I struggle with it. I’m not hiding anything.

Pfft…Seriously? Who cares? Why would they?
Fact: Being good at video games does not get anybody laid. Ever. Nor will your top ten ranking in Clan Wars at Crossout improve your resume, or get you elected into office. Nobody’s impressed, if it isn’t actually a little embarrassing to admit that I play one at all.

For what, I wonder? Is this going on my permanent record?

Maybe you need a hug, lady. This was a pretty uncontroversial thread. WTF are you even mad about?

Call me when you’ve played tens of thousands of matches to actually earn what you have about that credit card nonsense, you want the melted credit card and the multiple sets of fused relics? I’m not the one :wink:

Insofar as this entire thread… and the forum community.

None of you have seemed to understood that your opinions have been weighed, measured, found wanting, and rejected. To the point that the developers openly mocked you and have not read a single post in this forum. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I literally come here to laugh at the… I mean seriously… you actually think the miniscule amount of buffs from fused gear requires a nerf? And you expect people to take you -seriously-?

That’s what I legitimately do not get and don’t really want to get. I am not flexible enough to insert my head that far into my own intestinal tract.

You want to screech for nerfs though, please continue with the entertainment. It looks good on you.

Edit: Oh, look… Roughmonkey and the karen squad are trying to spam-report again.

1 Like

You said it was easy to disprove, kek

If you wanna do the test then go for it but you’ll have to do like 20+ games in each or more to get good results

:popcorn:

Now that’s a good show. Always good to see kids weeping about their PvP addiction items as if it’s their lives are at stake.

There is NO complexity to Crossout’s PvP! (Compared to most PvP games, it’s even slow for a shooter)
Just a bit of team play and a little practice in using the few tricks quickly learned.

Anyone who will boast they are a great player at this game is just a playground kid shouting out to the other kids he can swing higher.
You at least make good looking non-meta builds and obviously have fun. That’s worth more to you than someone who can swing higher at the playground while his mom keeps pushing him (I’m not aiming at anyone here).

1 Like

If it actually does anything, it should show up in every game. I doubt I would have to play 20 games to see matches where it clearly had no impact.
How exactly do you think it works?

then you don’t know how testing works

Again, how exactly do you think x999 PS builds change how the matchmaker works?
Either they lock you into a PS range or they don’t. If they don’t, you would see exceptions to the rule emerging immediately.

What? You… just, are going to punish progression then? I do not understand, fusions are a luxury you can afford for when you want to settle down and use a particular module, cabs, and maybe movement parts. With guns… Not really being fused due to the fact that they can only be used typically with themselves and anything over special requires you to be keen on using them often to justify their investment. If anything, fusions are a luxury reward for finding your favorite place in game. Or using your favorite modules and movement parts, however, they are NOT by any means the big game decider, as much as people like to recoil at the sight of 5% damage and 9% reload speed, most of the time, it’s only going to give you a free shot every 5+ you do or offer you an extra 100 damage for pinning the fire on someone for 8 entire seconds. Ergo, I do not consider fused items in need of any form of nerf. The perks they give are not strong enough even in groups to warrant a PS increase, as that would just make the weapons effectively worse.

Now the co-drivers, anyone looking from the outside, in, could go “oh I see, fusions need a PS increase” and I’d go “it’s a bit misguided but ok.” But… Co-drivers? Really? How are co-drivers unfair and in need of a PS increase? Not every weapon has their own dedicated co driver, but now everyone CAN use one and still be better off than the current system. It still makes absolutely no sense to tarnish co-drivers with the folly of trying to inflate their PS. You cannot unequip co-drivers, you aren’t supposed to, the devs spent time working on this whole damn system just so that people can say “but they shouldn’t matter”? “But the unfair advantage!” People may cry, “but they give them damage and I don’t” they say. As someone who has never had the capacity to full rank most of my co-drivers due to my interesting subclass, I just say deal with it, and grind harder. You are given 30 entire levels, that is more than enough to start respectably making a dent in the co-driver tech trees, I had to grind Jade to level 15 with a subclass that earned sub 2k reputation on her co-drivers, and everyone is telling me they cannot, with weapons. Be bothered or even capable of grinding to a respectable co-driver level? Does everyone just play patrol and get sub 300 points or something?

At any rate, I don’t agree with outright nuking a good majority of people’s builds who have fused items because they found the playstyle they liked and felt secure enough in their playstyle and didn’t feel swayed to other playstyles enough to fuse their equipment to be better at what they do. Even if it isn’t much, only for them to suddenly gain God knows how much PS people want to throw at them so that their vehicle might as well be worse than an unfused one. Must everyone be so sensitive on this forum?

Again, I am not suggesting a massive increase!
Just enough that veteran players can’t clobber people in low PS who mostly haven’t levelled up their co-drivers or fused their items.
Also, you can’t have it both ways: either fusing items is worth the high cost because it does give you a big advantage, or it doesn’t.

You did not listen to what I said, I bluntly stated it’s an investment, as a way of progressing once you’ve decided your favorite equipment, it’s a luxury, I don’t need 2 fused mandrakes to destroy you or be good and destroy another player, but if I like mandrakes, I have the coin, I have the resources, I don’t feel like I’m going to regret my decision, (this is ultra-important for guns since they’re typically center focused in balance patches and a gun can be nerfed or buffed) and I am not interested on exploring other guns. I might opt to fuse them for ideal fuses to gain a small amount of effectiveness. This isn’t enough to “clobber” people, and on top of this, for co-drivers, you are not understanding that you have a solid 30 levels of safe haven to grind your way, also note, because the levels are set xp based, the amount of time it takes for you to get OUT of below engineer faction 30 SHOULD be enough to have you attain a decent amount of co-driver skills. It is honestly not hard to grind, even as a new player.

Plus, why do so many people, instead of saying "huh, does the 5% damage cause me to lose? Or the fact the player has been playing for 3 years. seriously, if I were most of these people, I’d be requesting more safe zones for new players instead of somehow trying to invalidate other people’s progression and nerf them to the point a newbie can safely take them on? Why would you even tackle co-drivers, something a newbie can attain with enough grinding. Even as a newbie, it incentivizes the skillful increase of the player, and incentivizes them to do good. Progression why are you trying to make that very thing a worse scenario for everyone. The newbie cannot use them unless it gets clobbered by vets who do use it, and those vets that don’t use it… Will just clobber the new player anyways?

Plus, nobody has a clear system of what this SHOULD be, how much for each passive you unlock, how much for each fused item, are you SURE that a fully fused decked out vehicle won’t have so much PS as to make it already hopelessly outclassed? If so, that’s incredibly foul, will it be so low as to BARELY matter? Remember, matchmaking cares in the THOUSANDS, not the hundreds, so, assuming newbie here at 3k with his lil car, exists at prestige, co-driver is leveled up halfway because he’s worked pretty hard… Now… that entire stretch of PS he’s going to see is from 2-4k. Approximately, more or less depending on the time of day and whatnot, but that’s beside the point, veteran is at 3k. Now, there’s not a lot of parts on a 3k car that can be fused at most we’re talking a couple of wheels, 3ish guns, a cab, and maybe a module or two.

Now, you see the BIG problem here? Your system of raising the values of fused parts PRIMARILY will affect the people at higher powerscores, the ones with the most fused stuff, the one with all the trinkets tacked on. ANY model you make that is an increase depending on the fused parts will not matter, if anything, only very minor PS gain will be on the end of the vets at the lower end of the PS spectrum, especially the proposals, so far, again, they only would affect middle and higher tier PS. So far, nobody has brought a proposal that convinces me nor anyone that actually thinks with care for the game’s survival especially at the medium and high powerscores (where most players reside) that this should actually be a valid and considered option.

Like I said earlier, why are you even going after fusions and co-drivers, they don’t matter to a newbie V veteran, everyone seems to think if we just make it a 1 v 1 same vehicle somehow the newbie would triumph, no, they’d STILL lose almost every time. So, blaming the -17% spread imps for kicking your face in and the co-driver perk that may not even have kicked in until after you died… Instead of saying the person was just… a veteran at the video game? Not going to turn this into a big “skill issue” argument, but if you TRULY wanted newbies to be safe, with the increasing player numbers, and the returning veterans, and crossplay coming, don’t you think that maybe that time would better be spent idk… Advocating for… Better tutorials? Longer or more informal safety levels. (engineer faction levels 1-30 are a safe haven you cannot match against prestige levels) Anything instead of trying to Directly attack, invalidate, and even consider destroying the inventories of other players?

“Reeeee I don’t like this suggestion bcuz it’s going to nerf my X999 build and I will have to use my only brain cell to make something new and viable, therefore it’s UNACCEPTABLE REEEEE.”

Clearly, this addresses all the points of contention I had surrounding the idea that isn’t really an idea because it actually still has no model nor idea on what it should exactly besides speculation and that’s why the devs will not pay 1 single glance to it.

Go back to your X999 build from exhibition, kiddo. Clearly you do not pay attention to the topic, you just plain don’t like it due to the reason I stated in my previous message.

Now, for some who can actually understand anything besides “muh only build and endless grind with no goal” I can elaborate.

1. Let’s pick two builds: a 7999 PS and a 8300 PS. With co-drivers bonus PS’ll increase to 8099 and 8400, respectively. A good old casual player will keep their 8400 and won’t care. A PvP addict will become salty about it.

2. Let’s say those builds were reduced back to 7999 and 8300 PS WITH co-drivers bonuses. First one, since it’s a PvP addict, has had all their items fused (about 6500 PS). Second one has had a half of their items fused (about 5000 PS). Adding 5% PS for fused items and we’re getting 8324 PS for the first build and 8550 PS for the second build.

3. In both cases there is no significant PS increase except for PvP X999 addicts. I can only have pity on them, similar to watching a hamster in a wheel thinking it’s the only way its life should be. In both cases only X999 players will suffer because they will succ hard when they get matched with PS slighly higher than on their X999 range.

Thus, Poony made a good suggection which may be implemented if devs see something in it. In such case I will finally get some salt for my :popcorn:

P.S.

yet another proof of my words.