Suggestion: fused items and co-drivers increase PS

That silly moment when it is impossible to un-equip co-drivers.

Because anyone that plays PVP can see that the PS range of a given match changes drastically depending on how many players are online. If you could game the system by cutting off your PS at X999, you would have had no reason to start dozens of threads complaining about matchmaking being unfair.

someone forgets to tell the names of the videogames :cowboy_hat_face:

This is probably the worst thing about Crossout; It’s tiny player base. The matches get wonky and the queues get terribly long during off-hours. This is probably what pushes me over the edge to start complaining about other stuff that might not bother me so much otherwise.

you havn’t proven anything lol

2022.07.06 001
This car’s PS is 11804. How many points would you add to make it balanced? :laughing:
Or would you deduct some points on account of the Clarinet being the only weapon? :joy:

That’s a reasonable extra 3895 points = 15699. Thanks. :sun_with_face:
(“Firewhip Secrets” on the exhibition. Or, for console players, the protagonist of Season 7 on my YT channel, same nick.)

Of course they would, but their build would be less effective making it a even playing ground.

A bad build is a bad build no mater how much PS it has.

2 Likes

Why not just remove fusing and co-drivers then? As there would be no real point to putting in the effort of attaining any of that if you’re just going to punish people by “rebalancing” the PS of it.

Screeching for nerfs to codrivers and pretending that +5% fusions are just making it impossible for you to compete. I’ll just… refer to littlesam’s words for you folks again.

3 Likes

No one is screeching for nerfs.
But many of us would like the game to be more welcoming to new players, hence the suggestion.
I don’t personally care at all, but I can see some sense in the argument that fusions and co-drivers allow experienced players to bypass the attempted fairness of the matchmaking system.
The only situations where I see this being potentially useful is in low PS. I am not suggesting big enough PS increase to really impact mid and high PS.

3 Likes

Ok, how would you suggest proving or disproving it?
Shall I make an 7999PS build, and record the PS range of my teammates and opponents for several matches, and then add a headlight or something to get up to 8001PS, and do the same test?
Do you really think there will be a difference?
(I know there won’t be, because I used to believe in this myth until I tested it a long time ago. Completely willing to do it again, if it will get you to admit you are wrong)

true this,on PC…playing 7k ps ,i get 7k and 8k sometimes now that we have more players.but i use to get 10k+ months ago and teased my friend saying to him’why you in my 7k with your 10k’ lol…

1 Like

I Think giving fused items more ps is a bad idea.

However seeing this new codrivers system I think it would be best that codrivers add a certain amount of powerscore.

gg wp with this thread, poony! you provoked the nay sayers into a completely mask off line of argument.

weve been over this. you being all wholesome about and at peace with being a sleazebag doesnt really change much on the ground. you reap what you have sown.

very smart thinking. i usually dont recommend consoles but for you i think its a perfect fit.

this is a false equivalence. if you think your build is only balanced at its ps with everything fused, then your build without the fusions would be underpowered at the same ps. that means the items you use are most likely underperforming and its a general balance issue that isnt affected by this fusion ps idea.

xbox and tenshins posturing is a sight to behold, but nothing compares to the warrior face you get when you threaten to take away a tin players “fruit of their efforts”. “no real point to putting in the effort” if you cant get an advantage, just as i said in my first post here.

the fusion system exists so people like the above mentioned can pay for an advantage. if you take that away from them they feel “punished” and dont see a point in paying anymore. mega karen says exactly this right here if you read just a little bit between the lines.

he has offered you a solid way of testing it for you, you cant get out of this one without losing face im afraid. hes almost certainly right.

2 Likes

I was only pointing out to these gimps how misguided this idea is. By providing an example of how many parts can be fused in one vehicle, and how little each of them contributes to increasing its combat performance. Which was supposed to convey that increasing a part’s PS because it’s upgraded is ridiculous. In case they didn’t count, that’s 25 upgraded parts, the car’s name on the exhibition provided so they can verify. NZChazman’s suggestion contained some actual details, so I used it. I even added up the extra points for their convenience, which totalled at 3895 - for a Clarinet car. Just because I have 24 non-weapon parts on my car that I want to upgrade for cumulatively noticeable performance, I should be punished with that many additional points. That’s insane! And that’s what I meant. (I wasn’t targeting NZChazman, I meant to show them exactly how wrong this concept is.)
And as for this or any other weapon - should the PS be increased? The -17% weight is just 45 kg, the -9% reload time matters only when an enemy is relatively close or when I need to cancel a missile, e.g., to uncloak a sneaker, and the +15% turn speed only helps me make certain tricky shots. If anything, I could accept +5% PS at most just for the weapon, and let’s go home. (Still not justified, but that’s as much as I can grant them.)

Didn’t say that.

You’re really not fun at this point. Supposed the be the resident master of irony.

That was irony. To make it even more clear how wrong they were. (And to anticipate any jokes to the effect that “Maybe the weapon would justify a PS reduction, LOL.” So they don’t get to post them first.)

I’m doing fine. Just an elite player showing a car built to perfection as an example. Watch the first 31 sec. of this video and tell me if I’m underperforming… Or watch the rest to see an MVP with 6 missile hits and some ramming. More of that on my channel.

A better way to balance the Cockpit would be to set the max. bonus at 100% or 90% and have it drop for each energy point spent on a weapon. For a leviathan with 50 points in weapons, that’s 50% or 40%, respectively, and for me, 95% or 85%. By coincidence, it’s true there is a balancing issue that makes my car underperform, but I wasn’t complaining this time. I’m trying to become a better player to overcome the recent handicap of the Cockpit perk bonus getting reduced to 40%. The big question is not whether the vehicle underperforms - but if the player does. If I can still be a valuable asset to the team and that can be achieved by adopting better tactics - that’s all that matters. And if it turns out that no amount of improved tactics can make it work, I’ll stop using this car, so as not to be a burden to the team. There is no one else that could answer this question, because there is no other Clarinet pilot beginning to approximate my skill level. So you can relax and wait for the results, if you care. (Because if you don’t really know a weapon, you don’t have a reliable basis for any conclusions.) And the recent “TOW” brawl shows exactly where the developers are:

How much more? How much less? How should I rebuild? No, wait… It’s just an empty utterance, with no clear purpose, and no argument for anything; intended to upset, provoke, and provide a basis for further trolling. That’s a case in point of how this particular troll operates: throws a vague non sequitur without any serious thought, merely as a primitive reflex, hoping that someone will waste their time trying to find meaning in this, and then waste some more time attempting to come up with a reply that a simpleton could understand. Or maybe I just wasted some time crediting such a person with any purpose whatsoever. I don’t care. I’ve seen enough trolling to know an empty utterance is just that.
To my knowledge, this is the worst troll on the forum.
If anything, this type of behavior may suggest that’s a bad player (also bad at building), trying to make up for a lack of motivation to improve by copious, but mostly empty, activity on the forum. It’s easier to post a bunch of nothing than work on one’s tactical, building and weapon skills. At this point, it’s an illness:
2022.06.30 002a
This screenshot is from 2022.06.30. Latching onto anything. It looks like a job. If someone has this hard a time focusing on gameplay, there is no point being interested in anything relating to the game. How empty does one’s life have to be if spamming on a forum is entertaining?
By upvoting that comment, the Doctor ultimately exposed himself as a bad player hiding behind the ‘art’ tag. And that’s actually useful. It helps me understand more about the so-called ‘art’ type of players. I try to keep an open mind and still hope it is a legitimate category deserving respect. But lazy casuals hiding behind the ‘art’ tag certainly give it a bad name.

I’m still waiting for suggestions on increasing my car’s PS. Maybe they have something. In another thread, more or less the same group talks about how balancing limits creativity. Now - the other way around: it’s my building creativity that is wrong, and not the idea of limiting building creativity they didn’t even fully think through (exept NZChazman trying to flesh it out, but still wrong). :grin:

I don’t care that this post got hidden by some coward that can’t face the truth or doesn’t understand simple logic. With how much unproductive whining I’ve seen so far, I don’t have much hope for anything to get accomplished on this forum. If most of the forum users don’t care for objective analysis of the various issues and honest discussion, there’s no point. With the rest having been nudged over to reddit, it’ll be the same every time.

It was my mistake harboring hope that every discussion is fundamentally an effort at finding sensible solutions. Safe space echochamber bubbles like this are supposed to keep casual players safe from a search for objective truth and I shouldn’t have stepped into this.

Is that directed at me? Yikes. If it is, lets just make it clear now that I am not good at video games at all, and this one often makes very little sense to me, but I try to make it work because I find the build feature and themes very entertaining. As for it being a game, I think it’s wonky AF, and I struggle with it. I’m not hiding anything.

Pfft…Seriously? Who cares? Why would they?
Fact: Being good at video games does not get anybody laid. Ever. Nor will your top ten ranking in Clan Wars at Crossout improve your resume, or get you elected into office. Nobody’s impressed, if it isn’t actually a little embarrassing to admit that I play one at all.

For what, I wonder? Is this going on my permanent record?

Maybe you need a hug, lady. This was a pretty uncontroversial thread. WTF are you even mad about?

Call me when you’ve played tens of thousands of matches to actually earn what you have about that credit card nonsense, you want the melted credit card and the multiple sets of fused relics? I’m not the one :wink:

Insofar as this entire thread… and the forum community.

None of you have seemed to understood that your opinions have been weighed, measured, found wanting, and rejected. To the point that the developers openly mocked you and have not read a single post in this forum. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I literally come here to laugh at the… I mean seriously… you actually think the miniscule amount of buffs from fused gear requires a nerf? And you expect people to take you -seriously-?

That’s what I legitimately do not get and don’t really want to get. I am not flexible enough to insert my head that far into my own intestinal tract.

You want to screech for nerfs though, please continue with the entertainment. It looks good on you.

Edit: Oh, look… Roughmonkey and the karen squad are trying to spam-report again.

1 Like

You said it was easy to disprove, kek

If you wanna do the test then go for it but you’ll have to do like 20+ games in each or more to get good results

:popcorn:

Now that’s a good show. Always good to see kids weeping about their PvP addiction items as if it’s their lives are at stake.