*Super Rare ScoresšŸ˜‰

The enemy team doesnā€™t get much in the way of points if you suicide. I know because Iā€™ve been running pyres regularly, and I usually have to suicide at least once a match - sometimes up to 3 times.

What gets you points is doing damage to enemy players.

When I get a crazy high score like in the screenshot, it usually comes from the enemy players all bunching up together on the ground. It happens more than youā€™d imagineā€¦ with pyres or anything that does explosive damage, you just aim for the centermost player & let 'er rip.

I know there are cheaters, thoughā€¦ the way to do it isnā€™t to suicide, but to just build something right at the 10k powerscore limit with a ton of low durability/high PS parts (all buggy parts for example), then let your buddies shred you. Theyā€™ll rack up points like crazy.

Meanwhile, youā€™re trying to do damage against players with the opposite durability/PS ratiosā€¦ Steppenwolf parts. You canā€™t do as much damage, and even when you do, you donā€™t get many points for it.

Moral of the storyā€¦ build your copter with Steppenwolf stuff. :wink:

1 Like

What I mean by suicide is by sacrificing themselves to the enemy team. I just said suicide just to shorten it but it is pretty similar.

1 Like

Gotchaā€¦ Whatā€™s the game actually call it when you kill yourself? Self destruct?

I think it is yea.

Interesting battle I had recently

3 Likes

Itā€™s not super rare, but it should be. This was the 3rd match in a row at MVPā€¦ this one with the lowest PS. Itā€™s not that Iā€™m that good with the helicopters. I mean, I think Iā€™m okay. I can control the thing very well, but Iā€™m getting these scores - not by being ā€œgood,ā€ - but by capitalizing off the scoring system & ā€œfarmingā€ bad players & bots.

At one point, their #1 guy was one of those dudes who just slowly approaches a bot hitting them with guns. I always try to harass their #1. By the time the 2nd rocket volley was coming his way, he was in full panic mode. Iā€™m gonna miss this when itā€™s gone. Itā€™s pretty ā€œarcadeā€ silly.

I have never been accused of cheating more than during this event. I just shoot bots until someone shoots me. Then I shoot players. Iā€™m really there just to farm wires before its gone at this point.

3 Likes

Same. My favorite was the guy telling me he was going to report me for using an aim bot. Beautiful part about it is I was using pyres. LOL

1 Like

So apparently there is an exploit that involves SD and lances in off we go that allows you to count your own parts as the score. No clue how it is done as donā€™t want to know or spread it. But yeah people are rushing into things lancing them and exploding and getting a crap ton of points doing it.

1 Like

I saw someone doing that. He didnā€™t mess with me so I just shot bots.

MissMel got mvp and beat out dave

I think I started the night to strong, it is only down hill from here. 8 kills in a match.

3 Likes

Ive been accused of useing aimbot on my porcs.

I loled

Some people are just dummies looking for an excuse as to why they lost.

Pyres are salt mines in the heli mode though. Your just out there makin people frown and throw their controllers. Lol. Tbh i like the mode. But i dont play it. Id rather not hear beeping for five minutes straight.

Itā€™s amazing and hilarious to me that 40 days into it, and there are still entire teams of people ever so gently and gracefully drifting downwards towards a botā€¦ and they have the audacity to complain about getting targeted by anything at all - much less pyres. :joy:

Apologiesā€¦ Iā€™m that guy. :joy: I actually had to re-train my fingers to work 3 weapon triggers to make the Pyres the most effective.

The first methodā€¦ testing the targetā€¦ fire a single rocket. If they cloak or Argus it, wait til they re-emerge from the module & release the rest of them.

The second methodā€¦ harassing the top playersā€¦ If there are several of those slow-drifting bot farmers, send a single rocket to each one. The smarter ones will break from the target to attempt to avoid getting it. You donā€™t do a lot of damage, but you do pause his ability to score. The dumb ones wonā€™t do anything & just absorb the blow. THOSE are the guys you just repeatedly send a full volley into.

The Thirdā€¦ and only really viable on the big mapsā€¦ keeping a good distance from everyone, just enough to keep them in radar range (which was recently made better by upgrading my doppler). Pick a botā€¦ dump 'em allā€¦ steer away from the enemies so youā€™re not in radar range anymore.

Fun stuff, if you ask me.

The trouble comes ONLY when you come across the insanely rare gun-user who knows how to fly. You can escape them in the city maps, but theyā€™ll all but shut you down on the big maps. Luckily, theyā€™re like honest politiciansā€¦ mythically rare.

whatā€™s a few upgrades gonna do?..

2 Likes

Grinding patrol to get the daily seasonal challenge this happened. LOL They had 3 of those stupid harvester bots.
One dude on our team had porcs.

1 Like

I forgot about this thread :slight_smile:

5k+ points with only 6 players on a side.

2 Likes

Appropriate thread is here and all done with epics

By the looks there isnā€™t anything ā€œstrangeā€ about this score but then you look at the names, on the left you see art builders some well known some lesser known, on the right you see mostly clan players every one of them using some sort of meta hover build or shotgun.

On the art build team there where things like a plasma repeater, flak88, ambulance with no guns just barriers, and a really cool looking omni miller.

on the clan team, shotguns, miller tanks, cat hovers, and the bots.

Now note that hte left side is always the side the poster was on, note we where down one and just a team of art buildsā€¦ WE WON, not just won but look at those scores we won with out the meta even putting a dent in us.

2 Likes

I know itā€™s Patrol but look at the PS. Your own doesnā€™t matter :wink:

1 Like