The omamori and how to balance it

It’s worth paying attention to, because in some circumstances, increasing damage resistance can be the stronger choice. Most of the time omamori is better.

Gawd, this game is complicated.

I’m not surprised that the forum and reddit are so filled with bewildered and shaking fists.

I think I like the forum for the same reason I like the game: they both are difficult and contentious.
This is not an echo chamber. I feel very prone to hearing schit I disagree with, and expect it often.

It is also inevitable that this game will piss me off at some point with some unexpected and adverse content.

It’s very much like being in a band; packed with eccentrics, and hazardous brilliance.

2 Likes

Mine… might be fused.

its supposed to give 30% damage resistance. i have one that gives 30% plus an additional 10% damage resistance to everything else but i think that 10% only applies to the module itself and not to anything its attached to.

the omamori absorbs 50% of damage until it runs out, then after a short duration it recharges and gives another 400 durability. if you have a weapon wigh high durability like cannons itll give them a massive boost if you dont get hit to much and can recharge the module after its depleted. with this on a mastodon you could get an additional 1200 hp out of it. if you run a master cabin with omamori and mastodons that would go even higher. though i doubt the master cabin can hold that much weight.

supposed to, but why would you rely on targems coding and translations? it gives like 24% or 26% resistance, even though it says 30%, i dont know if its intentional but the devs dont care

It actually says UP TO 30%, I think that depends on how many separate parts are attached to it.

ah i think this would make more sense. its dependent on how many parts are attached to the nodes which determines how much resistance it gives. so if more then 1 thing is attached it gives half that bonus to the item in question and half to the other. makes sense i suppose.
but it has… 8 nodes… i mean 8 divided by 30… 3.75 … so if all nodes are used itll do 3.75% damage resistance per node??

Hello everyone

From my point ofview Omamori module gives unfair health boost compared to total PowerScore item formula. Let me Explain:

The most popular weapon that is used together with Omamori module are Gravastar and HammerFall
HammerFall Data - 2000PS, 48 dmg per shot, 260 durability
Gravastar Data - 1100 PS, 40 dmg per shot, 196 durability

With Omamori module weapon gets +200 hp each, that makes it better that relic, Breaker
Breaker Data - 3000 PS, 54 dmg per shot, 387 durability
The difference is huge - 1000 PS with HammerFall and 1900 with Gravastar

So with 600 PS price we get weapon that better (or the same) than its relic analogue

I think that omamori shall be completely reworked or banned from Battle for Uranium Mode