The Wobble

Its the completely nonexistent grip that does it for me. They screwed these movement parts up bad, they nuked their grip by what feels like 50%. I lose one omni and I’m veering around like a semi truck on an icy hill. With all 4 I have the steering radius of a yacht.

1 Like

Just equip augurs omnis or atoms, enable camera steering, drive forward while mousing left or right, and stop.
Your car will got all over the place for a second.
It may not sound like much, but driving forward while steering and stopping at a corner for cover is just a general tactic of the game that most people use.

With the updated wobble mechanics, when you drive forward while turning slightly and stopping besides a corner for cover, your car will just turn wildly to the right and left and right again looking to balance itself.

Kids these days, no sense of netiquette :speak_no_evil:

Yeah, maybe don’t pour oil on the fire every 5 minutes too. that’s part of “netiquette”. That last post is 100% you derailing your own thread for more drama.

1 Like

That is one way to look at it. :+1:

1 Like

I think that’s a feature, not a bug.
I think they brought a bit of the new track handling into how roller parts work, and frankly, I love it.

Basically, when you release the gas, you go into quick pivot mode almost immediately. So if you are turning while you release the gas, you will quickly skid spin. Once you get used to it, it is a very powerful tool.

You just need to spend some more time playing those parts until your brain adjusts to the new handling.

Edit: I’m not getting the wiggle back and forth that you seem to be describing. Can you post a video clip so I can see if it’s the same thing I am trying to describe?

Framing size ratio changes that a lot. The longer and wider you make it seems to increase the turning radius. For the quads I tend to do them like the old style small box quad hovers. You can pretty much spin on a dime with those with the omni’s. I can normally get by with 3 omni in that ratio but losing 2 has me at almost no control.

I really don’t notice a wobble but there is some inertia when stopping and turning. The hovers do it now too the mass of the vehicle seems to effect how strong it is. I guess depending on lag amounts it might feel different.

sure thing, here is me with Augurs at the testing range, notice everytime i turn and stop to face the enemy, the crosshair wobbles from side to side.

To me, that looks like the fast pivot function I mentioned earlier.
When you release the gas while turning, you immediately start rotating, and then you pull your steering in the opposite direction to compensate for spinning too much.
If you release your steering before you release the gas, it shouldn’t happen.

1 Like

Fast pivot you say?.
I never had this problem before with augurs omnis atoms until a few months ago, the devs did something to the game to break it all.

This was the last big changes for them.

Changes in controls of tracks, Rolling-based movement parts and augers

For all tracks, rolling-based movement parts and augers:

• Added the ability to quickly switch to rotation on these movement parts (previously it was only available after the vehicle had come to a complete stop). To do this, you need to completely release the gas key and press only the turn key. This edit will improve the maneuverability of these movement parts and make it possible to quickly change direction. Previously, in one form or another, this was available on all movement parts, except for tracks and rolling-based movement parts.
  • Reduced friction parameters. The change complements the mechanics of the quick switch to rotational movement, and makes it easier to push vehicles with these movement parts.
  • Increased the speed of rotation on the spot.
  • Improved suspension (similar to wheel suspension). Now travelling in cars with these movement parts should look more natural.
1 Like

Tracks should have this removed, I think. They should have the best TRACtion

1 Like

Thanx for the update.

But this new unwanted feature really interferes with general gameplay.
i was an omni user before, i sold all my omni wheels and deleted all the builds because i just couldnt play with this crap any more of your crosshair going all over the place when you turn and stop, wich is about 99% of mouse steering gameplay.

If I were you, I wouldn’t sell anything. It’ll take a little while for your muscle memory to catch up, but the quick pivot is overall a very good thing, and is allowing tracks and rolling parts to deal with close range attacks much better.
It just takes some practice.
Release your steering before you release your gas, and you won’t see that jump.

Honestly you just need to practice more. As in find the key inputs to counter what you know it already does. Like if youre spinning rapidly with camera steering, i find going past the target then centering back on it keeps you spinning fast until your on target, vs just aiming directly there, it trys to slow down to get to that point, costing you a half second before your guns are on target. With the steering, it might be something like turning left, strafe right and vice versa. I think theres a series of inputs you can put in to counter it wobbling.

2 Likes

With strafing parts, I pretty much always combine strafing and turning, except when making very small adjustments.

Sometimes it’s better to strafe in the opposite direction of your turn, sometimes the other way around. Practice makes perfect!

Oh no, you need skill now. Poor you.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the ‘get gud’ replies.

Did you notice almost nobody uses omnis anymore?, they used to be so prevalent a few months ago, i wonder why.

1 Like

I have seen this decline as well, maybe the developers tried to implement a new system but broke another?

1 Like

literally just tap W or S to get out of the “turning on the spot” mode.

I played like 10 minutes in the stupid 1st person perspective brawl before finding a solution to this. I’ll admit it feels undercooked and crappy, but what doesn’t feel undercooked and crappy in XO anyway?