Thoughts on the new gear

I tried the ones on the exhibition but they attempted to auto target too fast most of the time. Two the fuse drones that I launched blew themselves up on each other too. They had issues targeting too similar to the issues with some of the homing missiles where you can only pick the closest target. I’m not set up for capture at the moment so it’s hard to drop the reports the way I would normally like to. I do really think its’s just buts though.

1 Like

IT is a trade off if timed right you can use them to completely melt or disarm a target. but yeah it is situational and requires good timing.

1 Like

I think people are missing a few brain cells if they think that they have to use the drone and the cabin perk simultaneously. If a drone lasts for 30 seconds, why not use a drone for 23 seconds, and then increase the damage for the final 7 seconds? Or use it immediately for high burst damage. But its not mandatory to insta delete your drones people :wink:

1 Like

I mentioned that in the part 3 thread about timing it correctly to not lose active time.

Ya, I bet nobody thought of that. I’m sure that’ll work. Problem solved. Thanks.

this is the issue in raids to. the bots instantly target drones, like as soon as they drop out of your build or hit the ground they are instantly targeted and your stalked and harassed by the bots will you either get lucky and kill them or have a team mate step in and save your bumper. imo its very unfair and makes drones pretty much unplayable in pve and raids. this is why i say this needs to be changed because most of the time drones are just not playable.

wouldnt doubt it honestly. i used to run fuzes and they were amazing. now they are just garbage and not what they used to be.

the perk lasts for 7 seconds. i find a major issue with this due to some drones taking a few seconds to start up and get going. i have 2 fused fuzes and the activation time perk on them is really good, you notice quite a difference in comparison to one that isnt upgraded.

theres the issue of the start up time for the fuzes to. it takes them a few seconds to get going then you need to drive out into the open and pick a target for them to lock on to. it seems a bit tricky to get down. but even if you wait the drones automatically pick a target should you get close, plus they are reliant on the radars to. and theres the fact people CAN outrun them, basically the cabin is “time it right or pay the price” and even then fuzes have a stupidly long reload time. 30 seconds. i have 2 fused ones that reload in 24.9 seconds. its not really that reliable honestly.

1 Like

I guess I’m the only guy who doesn’t drop all his drones at the same time and place?

In combat my drones don’t all get destroyed at the same time. Deployment and re-deployment is very difficult to synchronize like that in combat. I don’t see the perk as being of any practical use for drones other than the Owl, Hawk, falcon, or annihilator. It’s more harm than help with wheeled drones and turrets, IMO…which are the ones I use.

This cab is not for me, I can say that. I’ll have nothing to do with it. I give it a hearty thumbs down, a boo and a hiss.

I don’t normally drop turrets all at the same time either but I figured it could just be cycled. Cool down was 10 seconds or something like that.

Edit: I mean wait till the first set finishes when I say cycle them… Sure it puts a pause in but there is running involved too.

1 Like

The cabin is interesting to me, because the main reason I don’t like conventional wheeled and flying drones is that they follow my car. I want to drop or launch my drones/turrets and run away to let them fight for me.
From what I can see in testing, you can use this cab to do that, as long as you get your timing right.

1 Like

That delay doesn’t feel right yet though. Seems too long from when they activate and acquire a target till you can target them.

1 Like

I don’t use many flying drones, but now that I think of it, this cab isn’t going to make hawks (for example) leave you and go attack anybody, is it? Which means, this cab is really only good for what? It sucks for fuzes, that’s for sure.

If it’ll allow me to send a couple Hawks or Owls across the feild to attack bad guys like some of the launchable drones, way away from my cab, I’ll rethink my criticism.
It’s not being presented that way though, with the Fuzes being highlighted by the faction build, “The Bear.” I didn’t get the impression it was going to work like that, but if that’s the story, then this cab might have a future after all.

Has anyone tried it with flying drones yet?
I’m still thinking grenadiers is the way to go, as they can still be devastating when they swarm you.
But if the flying drones go to your target, that would give me an excuse to finally use the ones I got in crates back in the day.

So the flying drones stay stuck to their host, but the focus firing seems to be more effective than letting them do their own thing. Saw one player running hawks with the new cab, and they did OK, even though we were at 10kPS.

I’m still hopeful, but I’m willing to bet your strategy is completely alien to people who say things like “drones are easy.” LOL Riiiiight… They’re probably the hardest weapons to use in the game. This assumes, of course, we’re talking about using them effectively.

We’ll see… like I said, I’m hopeful. Having Hawks behave like an annihilator would be amazing.

I think you’d have had to spend a ton of money to have them already.

1 Like

Anyone in this thread know anything about AC 62 therms for the battle pass? I mean they are needed to craft the weapons. Is part of the paid battlepass locked if you didn’t keep them from previous work pieces?

I have both workpieces ( the therm is the wrong therm, it’s the 62) and a bunch of others to.
This BP ( or any other) will not change the plans i have for the next things i want to have.
I tend to prefer weapons that are already established in the game or try to aim to that but it’s not just that.
Clearly there’s a money sink involved in crafting BP parts.

Come on, really?

you never know for how much time the drone will last , 1 second, 5 seconds, 30 seconds?
It’s impossible to predict that, you can try but you will fail, cause many factors, fighting with the flimsiest weapon of all is one of them.

Leave falcon and hawk out of it.
That cabin it’s made for wheeled drones, fuse drones to be more specific.
For drones that stay with the mothership, the perk is useless.
the cab has the wrong perk, what drones need it’s more durability not a damage boost.
7 secs… most of the times a drone doesn’t last 7 secs

I guess that’s my next question: will this cab allow other wheeled drones other than fuse to leave the mothership and follow an enemy.
I was a bit disappointed that flying drones stay locked to the host build, although a bit surprised how well it worked.
I don’t think anyone should judge it solely on the blueprint tank. Only way to really know what it’s capable of is to see it in battle. I’ve only seen it once today, but there are usually a bunch of whales trying all the new stuff as soon as the BP drops, so don’t quit the game when you die and see what your teammates are running.
Already seeing people running the new MGs too.

1 Like

if i had to guess, no. drones are limited by the radar and how far the user is from them. if i had to guess its highly likely that they will function the same way. if they get a certain distance away they just stop working and go back to the user. not to mention having wheel drones on the field and only being active for 7 seconds with a slight damage increase before they get destroyed is not a good perk AT ALL. if anything thats a hinderance and makes the cabin pretty much useless.
i tested the fuze drones from the pre existing blueprint in the faction and it doesnt boost them all that much, in fact the damage seemed ALOT lower then my normal fuze drones with a harpy. if they want to out do the harpy they are going to have to do better.

1 Like

Honestly the thing that I was looking at out of their list was the quasars. Which is funny for me but I have a nice Q build. I might just ignore most of the new stuff.

Yes. Very this, and then they all explode when they get there. I’m not sure if the Fuze is getting a bonus from the perk when it blows up in your lap though. Maybe.

If a proper radar could influence the range of your drones enough, the feature might be more savy. I always out run mine, and they end up in a corner somewhere, banging their head, or they even leave the target, just to follow me…and then explode when they get there.

I’ve got one Fuze that listens good. He probably deserves the fancy new sailor pajamas (they’re so cute). The other two are idiots, though.

The Owl is smart. That one works. If I could dispatch the Owl with this cab, like a falconer, that would be cool AF…even if it came right back (like a regular Falcon might).

1 Like