Unfair chat ban

Few minutes ago in chat some guy was asking not in english and some other dude answered with one word (probbably not in english) and we know how goofy the genereal chat can be and some people JOKINGLY wrote some words in different languages. There was a GM and they said to use english in chat only. Ok but chat is GOOFY and some people continued. I was in a battle at this time and I saw that some people were joking around and a random player repeated to rite in english and then some people rote no in thifferent languages. Then I rote “nein” and I got chat banned for one day. FOR NOTHING. It was needed one word to get banned but some people talking about k*lling themselves or others and racist stuff are ok. But ONE WORD while the chat was JOKING around (because in chat usually there are funny people and we all want to have fun times ingame) was enough to get BANNED FOR NOTHING. Today it was 1day ban the next time some grumpy GM will ban me for days ir weeks. I dont like this.

I understand that there are rules and we kinda stepped on one of them but straight 24h BAN is not deserved for joking around. If the GM had a bad day or whatever we arent their punching bags. Most GMs are kind cool fun helpfull guys and they join the goofing with people in chat. There are some lemon vibes GMs and sure this one was like them. If they cant understand what is a joke and how to work with people in chat and WITHOUT BANS they shoud not have the GM’s powers and abuse them. It is stupid to straight ban someone for joking. Plus I rote JUST ONE WORD.

I have builds to promote and people to chat with and now because of some power abusive GM I cant do those things. What if I was a content creator? I cant do my job and promote your game because of somebody that was not in the mood or was angry for something or they just like to ban people for nothing serious or just dont understant what a joke is. I’m super dissapointed.

The situation is super stupid. I hope my ban is removed as soon as possible because it was undeserved. Plus I suggest to put shorter chat bans like few minutes and few hours and only for seruous violations to ban longer. And let the banned players be able to chat with the GM whispering to understand the problem.

The GM is diciws

3 Likes

Which platform you’re on?

on PC

Same happened on Play Station and you can appeal to remove it, and it will be most of cases

how to do it ?

1 Like

U have to send a private message to one of the moderators. I’ll try to find a link and paste here

EDIT:
Game rule violations & Appeals against a penalty - Rules - Crossout

1 Like

I want to add something more, theres no rule that you have to speak english in gen chat, this is what some ppl expecting but theres no written rule.

Sadly there is, it’s a clause in there… pretty dumb thing to enforce tbh

1 Like

I dont know but it is crazy to ban someone over one word written as a joke

Rly? Which art? There never was a rule unless something was changed.

Thanks for the help man! I hope more people with the same problem see this topic.

No problem bud, I’ve been in the same situation in the past, I got banned for speaking in my native language with a guy who doesnt speak english,I appeal against it and my ban was removed. I wish you luck with your problemI think you can fix it.

1 Like

3.3. The User is obliged to use the language proper to the Game Chat and respective to the language zone in the Game (if any).

Holy sh!t you’re right ,that thing must be new, I’ve never seen this before and I’ve read crossout terms few times in the past. :rofl:

But still if you’re in “gen chat” theres no separation to the language even name of the chat says so “general chat” :crazy_face:

1 Like

That’s messed up. I’d say more but…politics.

1 Like

kind of oxymoron “i did bad” “they banned for nothing”

if you did bad, then why for nothing? They said… “There was a GM and they said to use english in chat only”

So how can you not understand words GM said.

This should be more used in game, since i see a lot of non-EU languages spam on EU servers. And anyway i would guess only English should be used there anyway. But it was also same on NA servers.

…Don’t Use Chat :man_facepalming: First Rule in Russia.

2 Likes

In terms of communication, most people around the world should know what “nein” means, so although it was against the rules, saying just that single word didn’t interfere with the flow of communication between players in the general chat. Technically speaking, some kind of ban was justified, but given how well-known this word is, it was a wrong decision on the moderator’s part.

They treat the “GM” prefix as a special badge indicating that they’re in a cool club. That’s why they apply to become a moderator. First, they’re just players, like everyone else. But “GM” makes them look cool. And for that kind of people, it also creates an opportunity to powertrip with no consequences.

Even wrongful bans are added to your ban history and can serve as a basis for increasing the duration of some future bans.

No. :smile: To my knowledge, and if memory serves right, every single of the English chat moderators has broken at least one chat rule, repeatedly. Specifically, the rule forbidding political and religious propaganda - that is, before the rules were changed, to now forbid all political talk. For some 5.5 years, non-propaganda political talk was allowed in the general chat, yet the moderators kept saying “no politics” or “no religion.” A computer game isn’t a place to discuss such topics in a serious manner, or perhaps altogether, but if something isn’t forbidden, it’s implicitly allowed. This year, they got themselves these new rules. Finally, they have a basis to say “no politics.” And it’s great, because moderators need proper tools to do their job. But for helping them amend the rules, they universally hate me, and seem to have blacklisted my videos from the Crossout Show. Really civilized.

Such behavior is an indicator of their attitude to others. A “cool” person doesn’t do that. And would also make the effort of thoroughly reading and understanding the rules, so as not to do harm by accident.

Yeah, that’s about their level. Consider this: what kind of person accepts a job entailing reading the general chat for hours every day? And, reportedly, for free? I mean, there are crazies, trolls, narcissists, misbehaved children from dysfunctional families spewing all kind of garbage, all day. My blacklist has been full for some 2 years now, and I constantly have to juggle the slots around. So I get it that goofing around would be right up their alley. That’s their level.

Of course. For a “nein,” maybe 1 minute, if a moderator really felt like reminding you about the rules. And it’s fine. It’s legal, quite on the strict side, but understandable.

Research found a direct correlation between the IQ and a sense of humor. If someone doesn’t get a very simple joke, it says a lot about them.

Which tells you a lot about the recruitment criteria, and those doing the recruiting. About the general standards for professional integrity at Gaijin (the moderators are Gaijin employees).

They don’t care. In the latest English dev stream, chief developer Alex commented on the new building UI in a tune that made it clear he didn’t care about how we want to build. We’ll get used to whatever he believes the building UI should be. And, as they’ve shown us for years, the same goes for every other aspect of the game. So that’s Targem. Gaijin is a separate entity - to some extent :wink:. Gaijin employess are even less concerned with harming the game due to negligence to be professional. It’s actually tragic. So much potential being wasted due to obvious mistakes from both the developers and the publisher, and its employees (moderators).

Where is Treeburgers? To me, he was Crossout’s biggest youtuber. Such a powerhouse, with so much energy, charisma. He made a video where he explains why he quit Crossout. I still need to watch it. But, IIRC, it was in late 2019, during a Xmas event for upgrading with known results, that he asked on the old forum for already upgraded items to be usable in that event. Some rank-and-file moderator just replied that they weren’t going to do that. To me, it seemed cold. That kind of dismissive reply to the biggest content creator of the game? Disrespectful. They didn’t care then, and they don’t care now.
I have a YT channel mainly about the Clarinet. I’m Crossout’s top Clarinet pilot, and my videos show innovative ways of using the weapon, especially in countering hovercrafts - which have always been seen as controversial by a large portion of the playerbase. So I have something of value to contribute to the game. I’ve sent in 3 Crossout Show submissions demonstrating top-notch skill with the weapon, and other skillful and fun ways of disposing of hovecrafts. Instead, those doing the selection chose to show how some new player avoided danger mostly by luck. They didn’t want me to help others learn cool ways of fighting hovercrafts just because of their petty grievances against someone who only reminded them about the rules that apply to everyone.
Recently, for Crossout’s 8th birthday, they chose “the best frag video.” I thought, “OK, I have a frag video.” But, predictably, it was ignored, and I’m sure that enough of the moderators knew aobut it. It’s on YouTube, titled “Firewhip: The Road to Valhalla.” It’s a much better frag video than the one that was chosen.
Back in March 2021, I sent a preliminary version of that video to Sipovec, who was in charge of the Garage. Because in one episode the narrator said they were interested in showing a high-PS Clarinet vehicle. So I sent Sipovec that video, explained some things, offered any help with the car. No reaction. And 6 weeks later, in another Garage episode, they showed a high-PS Goliath tank with a Clarinet and a Caucasus. The narrator even said it wasn’t very effective. So why bother? I wanted to help them save time, and better promote the game. No need to show how cool playing Crossout can be. Doesn’t matter how much experience you have, how much you can contribute to helping develop and promote the game, to help it make more money. :upside_down_face:

As if they were unable to make the connection between players active in the community making the game grow, and the game making more money. Maybe they don’t see that.

Yes.

I’m guessing an appeal wouldn’t get processed in time. And if you’re sure a ban is wrongful, and an appeal is denied, you can PM Faley016, who should be able to help. He’s a Community Manager, supervising the moderators, or something like that. I have a longer message regarding several instances of breaking the rules, as well as neglect by the moderators, which I’ll be sending to him in the near future. But it takes time to write about these things in an informative enough, yet consise manner. It takes these moderators a few seconds to do one stupid thing, and we have to waste hours analyzing and describing an incident. To treat something so simplistic with such formality, which takes time.

Oh, but they do have those 1- or 2-minute bans available, and have been using them since 2017, if not in Closed Beta as well. It’s just that the moderator really wanted to give you that one full day to think about your transgression. :upside_down_face:

Of course he would be. diciws has been like that recently (that I know of :smiling_face_with_tear:).

And more on the same incident here:
https://forum.crossout.net/t/gm-privilege-in-battles-2/13024

2 Likes

That thing is already solved I guess , you’re wasting your time bro.

Sadly it’s not.
The ban is fo 2 days but yesterday it showed “the block will be lifted in 1 day” and after th efirst 24h it chanhged to the hours that remain. So this great GM banned me for 2 days for ONE word xD

1 Like