[ UPDATE ] [PC][PS][Xbox] Crossout: Steel troopers

[PC][PS][Xbox] Crossout: Steel troopers

It’s Halloween in the Wasteland! There are plenty of rewards waiting for you on the event themed workbench, new and familiar game modes, and a brand-new battle against hordes of mechanical spiders of the Ravagers!

“Halloween” event and the special “Shaman’s cauldron” workbench

Attention! The event and the workbench will be available from October 17 to November 6 inclusive!

• All special brawls that will be active during the “Halloween” event will have the “Tricky treats” resource as a reward.
  • The accumulated treats and other parts and resources can be exchanged at the “Shaman’s cauldron” workbench for a variety of themed cosmetic items and parts with reduced production costs.
  • At the end of the event, any unused “Tricky treats” will be deleted from the game, with no opportunity to exchange them for anything.

“Rippers” brawl

Attention! The brawl will be available from October 17 to October 23 inclusive!

• “Rippers” is a team PvP brawl with preset armoured cars equipped with the “Ripper” weapon.
  • You need to destroy all enemies or capture the base to win the battle.
  • Please pay attention that there are no respawns in the mode. Try to use your only chance to be of the most use to the whole team.

Special challenges and rewards

• Day 1: destroy or help destroy 5 enemies in the “Rippers” brawl. Reward: “Fright container”.
  • Day 2: complete 2 battles in the “Rippers” brawl. Reward: “Witch’s sticker container”.
  • Day 3: deal 2500 damage in the “Rippers” brawl. Reward: “Military reserve” container.
  • Day 4: earn 800 points in the “Rippers” brawl. Reward: 80 Engineer badges.
  • Day 5: complete 2 battles in the “Rippers” brawl. Reward: “Witch’s sticker container”.
  • Day 6: deal 2500 damage in the “Rippers” brawl. Reward: “Military reserve” container.
  • Day 7: destroy or help destroy 5 enemies in the “Rippers” brawl. Reward: “Fright container”.

“Steel troopers” brawl

Attention! The brawl will be available from October 24 to October 30 inclusive!

• “Steel troopers” is a team PvE brawl where players on battle walkers have to fight hordes of mechanical spiders of the Ravagers, while completing various tasks.
  • Among the enemies, there are small mobile spiders and larger spiders with harpoons that can trap your battle walker and make it an easy target.
  • Players take part in the battles of the mode on preset battle walkers. You can choose your battle walker at the beginning of the battle and before each respawn.
  • Destroyed players can be brought back to battle if their teammates arrive to the place of their destruction in time and wait for their respawn.

• Day 1: earn 6000 points in the “Steel troopers” brawl. Reward: “Witch’s sticker container”.
  • Day 2: complete 2 battles in the “Steel troopers” brawl. Reward: logo for profile customization.
  • Day 3: deal 1500 damage in the “Steel troopers” brawl. Reward: 80 Engineer badges.
  • Day 4: earn 10000 points in the “Steel troopers” brawl. Reward: “Fright container”.
  • Day 5: complete 3 battles in the “Steel troopers” brawl. Reward: background for profile customization.
  • Day 6: destroy or help destroy 75 enemies in the “Steel troopers” brawl. Reward: “Humanitarian aid” container.
  • Day 7: deal 25000 damage in the “Steel troopers” brawl. Reward: “Spider legs” hologram.

Operation “Red light”

Attention! The mode will be available from October 31 to November 6 inclusive!

• A familiar mode for many survivors, in which players need to get to the evacuation point at the end of the location, while completing missions and firing back at Ravager players.
  • The goal of the Ravager players is to infect as many other players as possible by crashing into their armoured vehicles.
  • An infected player will switch to the side of the Ravagers.

• Day 1: earn 800 points in the Operation “Red light”. Reward: “Witch’s sticker container”.
  • Day 2: complete 2 battles in the Operation “Red light”. Reward: 50 Engineer badges.
  • Day 3: destroy or help destroy 2 enemies in the Operation “Red light”. Reward: “Humanitarian aid” container.
  • Day 4: earn 350 points in one battle in the Operation “Red light”. Repeat 2 times. Reward: “Fright container”.
  • Day 5: complete 2 battles in the Operation “Red light”. Reward: 50 Engineer badges.
  • Day 6: earn 800 points in the Operation “Red light”. Reward: “Witch’s sticker container”.
  • Day 7: destroy or help destroy 5 enemies in the Operation “Red light”. Reward: “Logistician’s container”.

“Big races” brawl

• “Big races” is a brawl where the player needs to outdrive all opponents and be the first to complete 2 laps around the racetrack.
  • Players take part in the brawl on preset racing cars.
  • The main difference from usual racing modes is the unusual camera position, close to the first person view.

• Day 1: earn 600 points in the “Big races” brawl. Reward: “Warm twilight” paint.
  • Day 2: complete 1 race in the “Big races” brawl. Reward: 50 Engineer badges.
  • Day 3: place at least 7th in the “Big races” brawl. Reward: “Speed” sticker.
  • Day 4: complete 2 races in the “Big races” brawl. Reward: 80 Engineer badges.
  • Day 5: earn 400 points in the “Big races” brawl. Reward: “Military reserve” container.
  • Day 6: place at least 5th in the “Big races” brawl. Reward: “Eternal racer” decor.
  • Day 7: earn 1000 points in the “Big races” brawl. Reward: “Trophy CK crate”.

“Feathered mayhem” brawl

• “Feathered mayhem” is a team PvP brawl where players fight on preset armoured cars that look like pigeons.
  • The team that scores the most points in the allotted time wins.
  • The mode has respawns.
  • At the beginning of the battle and before each respawn, you can choose 1 out of 5 available armoured cars that have different weapons and modules.

• Day 1: deal 4000 damage in the “Feathered mayhem” brawl. Reward: “Humanitarian aid” container.
  • Day 2: earn 1000 points in the “Feathered mayhem” brawl. Reward: “Into the fire” sticker.
  • Day 3: complete 2 battles in the “Feathered mayhem” brawl. Reward: 50 Engineer badges.
  • Day 4: destroy or help destroy 8 enemies in the “Feathered mayhem” brawl. Reward: “Paints package” container.
  • Day 5: deal 2500 damage in the “Feathered mayhem” brawl. Reward: “Military reserve” container.
  • Day 6: complete 2 battles in the “Feathered mayhem” brawl. Reward: 50 Engineer badges.
  • Day 7: earn 2000 points in the “Feathered mayhem” brawl. Reward: “Logistician’s container”.

New pack “The flaming one” (Deluxe edition)

Attention! The pack will be available from October 17 (from 10:00 GMT on consoles) to November 17 inclusive!

• Unique armoured car: “The flaming one” (Deluxe edition);
  • New cabin: “Inferno”:
    • Medium cabin;
    • Epic rarity;
    • PS: 1500;
    • Maximum speed: 73 km/h;
    • Tonnage: 6100 kg;
    • Mass limit: 12700 kg;
    • Energy supply: 23 pts;
    • Durability: 375 pts;
    • Mass: 1200 kg;
    • Perk: charges depending on the number of enemies and distance to them, in the range of 100 m. If there are no enemies around, then the charge begins to decrease after 10 sec. if it’s not full. On activation, increases weapon damage by 30%, maximum cabin speed by 15% and armoured car’s power by 25%. While the perk is active, the cabin heats up by 20% and all parts welded to the cabin heat up by 15%. Active time is 10 sec.
  • Weapon: grenade launcher “Yongwang”;
  • Portrait: “Chet Flame”;
  • Hubcap with a hologram: “Hellfire”;
  • Movement parts: “Hermit” (2 pcs.) and “Buggy wheel ST” (2 pcs.);
  • Hardware: “Averter”, “Cheetah”, “Gasgen”, “KA-2 Flywheel”;
  • New paint can: “Netherworld”;
  • A set of stickers and decorations;
  • 4000 in-game coins;
  • Early access to new structural parts;
  • Maximum number of parts increased to 50.

The legendary muscle car that belonged to the mysterious Chet Flame. It looks like it has broken out of the depths of hell. Chet has sacrificed himself to destroy his enemies, but people say that his flaming car still can be seen driving through the Wasteland from time to time.

New pack “The flaming one”

• Unique armoured car: “The flaming one”;
  • New cabin: “Inferno”;
  • Portrait: “Chet Flame”;
  • Movement parts: “Hermit” (2 pcs.) and “Buggy wheel ST” (2 pcs.);
  • Hardware: “Averter”, “Cheetah”, “Gasgen”, “KA-2 Flywheel”;
  • Paint cans: “Toxin” and “Shadow of success”;
  • 1500 in-game coins;
  • Maximum number of parts increased to 50.

New pack “The flaming one” (Lite edition)

Attention! The pack will be available from October 17 (from 10:00 GMT on consoles) to November 17 inclusive!

• Unique armoured car: “The flaming one” (Lite edition);
  • New cabin: “Inferno”;
  • Paint can: “Bluish smoke”;
  • Maximum number of parts increased to 40.

• The “Rock City” and “Peaceful atom” locations have been adapted for battles with armoured aircraft and added to the rotation.
  • The appearance of all garages was changed for the duration of the Halloween event.

Robotic legs

Increased the zone around the leg where you cannot mount other parts for all robotic legs.

Structural parts

Now “Vial”, “Right catheter” and “Left catheter” are frame parts and do not increase overall durability of the armoured car.

Movement parts

Improved the mechanics of movement parts tonnage re-calculation. Now movement parts that have two modes with different clearance heights (“Stallion”, “Camber”, “Bigram”) fall into two different height groups, one for each of the modes.

Updated the background of the challenges tab.

• Recorded and added a new Halloween music track for the garage:

• Updated the HDR audio system implementation. We are currently working on preparing and adjusting the audio assets to make the system function more efficiently.

• Reduced the active time of the deafening effect after a projectile hit.

• Improved the sound effects of the robotic legs.

• Improved the car jack mechanic. Now, the flipping of the car will function much more reliably.
  • Improved the “Helios” weapon paint mask.
  • Optimized the visual effects of the “RL-M Dino” robotic legs landing on various surfaces.

• Fixed a bug that caused a scroll bar to appear on the world map.
  • Fixed a bug that caused some of the buildings on the “Old Town” map to disappear at certain camera angles.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the effect of heat distortion on the “Naukograd” map to be permanent in the “Next step” game modes.
  • Fixed a bug that caused environmental objects to disappear in the Syndicate garage in build mode.
  • Fixed a number of bugs connected with battle walkers’ legs animations.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to drive through a wall on the “Powerplant” map in the “Next step” game modes.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the “Assembler” overheating sound to be muted by other battle sounds.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the rate of fire parameter of the “Swarm”, “Slaughterer” and “Devourer” weapons to be displayed incorrectly.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the perk bonus of the “Pyralid” and “Locust” weapons to be displayed constantly.
  • Fixed a bug connected with indicators of the store notifications.
  • Fixed a bug in the garage that made destructible objects destroyed by an explosion indestructible after re-launching test-drive.
  • Fixed a bug that caused cabin power upgrade to not function during flight with rotors turned on.
  • Fixed a bug that caused players to sometimes spawn under the “Lost coast” map during the “Perimeter breach” raid.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the satellite dish on the roof of a building on the “Peaceful atom” map to have no collision physics.
  • Fixed a bug that caused an out-of-bounds warning to be displayed in the accessible part of the “Fortress” map.
1 Like

Cool looking new cab, Inferno. Too bad about that heating-up anti-perk. Nice looks but that ruins it for me. I’m not driving around a bright orange glowing car. The effect is just too stupid looking, and I won’t do it. Not to mention, I don’t want a cab with an anti-perk that makes me an even softer target. No thanks.

Just another example of how Crossout developers continually destroy their own efforts, snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory once again…probably. I will go ahead and take it for a test spin to see if it’s actually as awful as I think it is. I would very much like it to not be. I love a good muscle car…but 73 Kph? That’s crap. Totally un-survivable crap. Just why? so sad.

I do like the Starship Troopers riff-off theme for the brawl. I think that’s fun…sounds fun anyway.

I’ll enjoy the Halloween atmosphere too. I always enjoy their Halloween remodel, and the ambiance of the creepy seasonal Ravager events.

EDIT: Maybe the Inferno cab’s not that bad. The added flames graphics with the heating effect helps a lot with the silly orange thing it does. The Cheetah helps with it’s sloth like speed, and the structure parts are strong and good looking (would love those). IDK. Still manages to feel disappointing, IMO.

2 Likes

Ah. This solves a problem. Noice.

Termanids were hinted at in one of the devblogs so I think it might be more of a Helldivers II reference, but Helldivers is based off Starship Troopers so it could be both.

The workbench craftables don’t feel that great, it’s mostly stickers, a very few halloween items, and not very exciting ones at that. This might be because of the challenge rewards being once again lots of crates, but…disappointing

The “Hey guys look you can craft this crate that will give a purple item”, Spider Stash, takes casings and coupons as an added insult to the 3000 tricky treats needed, another no thanks right there

Some people are excited for le cheaper relics but still out of reach to the people who aren’t already fumbling around with relics thanks to clan wars etc

Crafting options for guns etc feel lackluster, I got slightly excited I could make use of my Jannabi or Master workpieces thar I just have floating around and maybe make som coins, but nope you can also craft those cheaper in the halloween workbench so no luck there

New pack, eeehhhhhhhhh the new cabin using self heating is just nope, We’ve already seen how bad that is with the Master, so now we have Master 2.0 still not worth it. Not to mention the ravager pass already had a cabin that boosts damage, so this cab trying to be the main selling point of this new pack is just really awkward, like who were they thinking would be excited for this?

Overall I was somewhat excited for the halloween in crossout but now I am no longer at all. Maybe the pidgeon brawl and the spider brawl are somewhat fun? but overall a very big meh/10 I’m not feeling an ounce of excitement, which sucks because april fools, halloween and christmas were the big three for me when it came to the events of this game. But this years halloween just feels lackluster. Sure the halloween map lighting is fun and all but…

Where is the fun and excitement? Feels like yet another day at the brawl grinding office to get your daily crate that gives you something that sucks

I like the small detail of the new Inferno cabin that when you activate the perk the exhaust pipes (decoration parts) have the nitro effect.

I would like the Kensei cabin to have the same nitro effect in the exhaust pipes of the decoration parts.

1 Like

huh? where are you seeing that at?

the funny thing is that because of this uranium has shot up to 850 coins per 10 uranium. only needing 200 uranium and 2 legendaries to make a relic. all that free uranium handed out in the uranium wars and they still price gauge it. :man_facepalming:

i laughed when i saw the new pack. lol that cabin is really bad :rofl:

i wanted to jump into the event with the spiders but its not available for another week. sigh.
i think they really just flubbed this one. the rewards arent great at all and i think they couldve done better. not to mention the fact that the spider event starts a week from now just made me sad. i want to play now because i want to see the mode and destroy some squishy robo spiders!

1 Like

The artwork (as usual) is pretty good for this cabin (even the heating effect), and as somebody who is mostly here for the build feature, I feel inclined to want to get it, despite my lack of endearment for the perks or stats…I really don’t care for perks in general.

I like the old muscle cars, so I guess people like me, I suppose. I’ve even built a few “General Lee” tribute cars in the past, so this one caters to my tastes pretty well, despite it’s “features.” I think these “features” would have made more sense devoted to the Catalina, which was supposed to be a “Christine” tribute cab, but whatever.

It’s frustrating how close to cool this game gets sometimes, but just fumbles it at the 5 yard line.

On another note: I think they improved the graphics on the farm and added better textures and slightly more color to the rubble and furniture…or is it just me?

They also added a few more Crash Test Dummies to the audience watching the horror movie, looks like.

I’m wondering if they’re haunted and will wander about like the first one.

1 Like

The halloween crafting thing (Shaman’s cauldron)
Right beneath the Kaleidoscope paint and above the equalizer, it is made to look like a resource crate for some reason

I never buy packs, but I am excited for that front grill to end up on the badge crafting workbench. I wish those new parts ended up there quickly, but I’m patient.

1 Like

Uranium prices soared making crafting any of the relics in the event far too expensive.
T’was so excited until that was obvious maybe next time “Buzz kill”

1 Like

right? LOL up to 857 coins on console. this is just absurd…
17k coins to get 200 and craft a relic… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I would be too. Are you sure it will be (FOMO)? I mean, you’re right, they usually end up there…patience.

I like the cab enough to think I can see it in my collection sooner or later. It looks good for art-builds, and I’m not the guy who cares how OP the stats aren’t. Nothing I like usually is. I still play Cobras.

I could probably make the Inferno work too.

1 Like

“[…]players fight on preset armoured cars that look like pigeons”

Oh come on now. I have a legged build that resembles a dragon, even blows fire and smoke. I’ve seen some really snazzy-looking (and fully functional) dragon builds. Wouldn’t a dragon be more masculine than a stinkin pigeon?

1 Like

Pidgeon funni.

Also, I’m a fan of dragons. Could you send me that blueprint?

Seen very few good-looking dragon builds. (2 come to mind. That’s about it.)

1 Like

I called that a week and half ago they would have a relic crafting event very soon so I just sold my last bfu earnings today. Wasn’t quite the relic crafting event I was expecting, I say they might have another one next month.

1 Like

if i sold a few things and do the mini battlepass for the narwhal i COULD buy enough uranium to make a devourer and get another unintended relic… but the only thing really keeping me from it is the cost of the uranium. it would net me a big profit since they are about 45k and i could get the uranium for 17k or possibly a little less if i did but… idk if i want a devourer… it seems ok but its not a machinegun that id want… ugh… idk what to do tbh.

2 Likes

The prices never did recover from last years relic crafting event. Uranium was selling for 450ish and I don’t think it ever dipped below 600 ever since so I wouldn’t blame yea for not wanting to invest. I didn’t mind buying uranium back then but now I much rather just buy the relics outright off the market and call it day. Even battle for uranium couldn’t drive the prices down so these relic crafting events are having some very long term effects on the market I do believe.

1 Like

i dont think it was only that though. you have 2 categories of relics…
relics that cost 600 uranium
relics that cost 200 uranium

when they introduced the relic for 200 uranium the price went so high up, on top of that when an event came around for relics, either fusing or making one, it costed 200 uranium which drove the cost way up. why not just make it so all relics cost 300 or 350 or so uranium?
right now 600 uranium at 850 each is 51,000 coins. thats not even counting the cost of materials, thats just the uranium alone! no relic costs that much, hell even the devourer dropped to about 45k coins and it was 75k for a long time.

uranium is far to expensive now and theres alot more out there. the devs plan to add more into the game backfired as now the cost of uranium is far more then a single relic. its not worth buying uranium anymore, just buy the weapon outright.

they are really screwing up the market place imo. i bet if it costed 100 uranium to build 1 relic the cost of them would shoot up to about 17k per 100 or so.
this is why i hate markets in videogames that are “player run” :expressionless:

1 Like