Varun and new wheels

…and so I had to get me some. The wheels and the Crossbow didn’t sell me, but the fenders sure did. Plus, it’s Ravens Week, or whatever, and this is a Ravens thing (right?), and I’m a Ravens fan. I didn’t need a strong excuse. The fenders caught my eye immediately (I’m all about paint, decor, and structure parts), but the wheels…IDK.
I don’t think I need those or the crossbow (but they’re interesting), and I think this pack sets a weird precedence for marketing events, in the way it appears to belong in the event, on a bench, instead of in the store, but whatever.

More importantly, the shop-store isn’t working for me in game. I get error 52 fenrir (whatever that is). Also, their main web-page and store on line doesn’t present properly in my Firefox browser, even after I updated it. The main menu below the Crossout header doesn’t present itself right and I can’t even find the web-store. I had to buy the pack through my Steam account, which I’m not thrilled about using.

This update appears to have issues I hope they can work out soon.

Anyway, between the durability of the wheels and the fenders, this new pack is indeed pretty tough gear.
I bought the “light” pack, but it doesn’t come with the lights (oh, the irony), and so I’ll be needing those, since they are proper Ravens decor. I’ll be selling something so I can pick those up while they are still cheap(ish) on the market.
They aren’t very bright, though. They look sharp, but what’s up with that? You can hardly tell they’re on…but I’m getting them anyway, because…

…I’m not really sure why.

1 Like

One thing to note is the new light structure parts seem to be stripped down miltiary parts. So their HP makes some sense.

2 Likes

Its the perk and the fact that they are good all round wheels even without a perk. They just have a god tier perk compared to everything else. 15% speed boost and 65% power when getting tickled by MG’s ffs, on a wheel that has enough dura to reliably survive 2 Typhoon hits.
Targem just keeps adding BS powercreep, remember MG dewheeling? That’s been a dead strategy since bigfoots, and now its pure suicide with hermits and these new wheels.

Devs when questioned about improving ML’s speed: “We want the game to be slower.”

Also devs: Releases speed increasing wheels.

As for the bow, I find it to be sufficiently good:

• Durable enough to survive a scorp hit
• While the individual shot damage is low, its still high enough to puncture through most structure parts.
• Energy cost is not much of a hinderance as they don’t benefit from reload bonuses…so flywheel is not needed.
• High damage rate for its weapon type. Peak DPS is roughly equivalent to quad Toadfish bows w/ Hadron/Omnibox or triple Rippers w/ flywheel. They also outdamage Reapers, although that’s not saying much.

Overall, I see and use them as brawling crossbows as their hp and damage rate is sufficient for this. It’s also easier to aim them from mid ranges than trying to consistently land long range hits. I currently use them on spiders, but I can see them working on KTM or possibly worm builds as well if Oppressor is used.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s power creep dude. Power creep is if we got legendary higher power tier wheels added.
Your just complaining like a sheep repeating what you’ve heard, but miscomorehending it’s meaning.

To be fair we got a 5km speed reduction after receiving a few cabs with a max speed 5km higher than any speed ever in the game. So we’re really only back to the same potential max speed we were capable of before… Well not with these new wheels. We can go faster than ever before.

And on the note of Devs being contradictory. I don’t think it is contradictory. Everyone isn’t going to use the fastest cabs and those new wheels. Most won’t. So most cabs probably won’t get that speed. On average the games pace has been slowed. If the wheels are too much they will just get a nerf and it is fine.

What I like about these wheels is that they aren’t squirrely at high speed while still having sharp turning at low speed. Also, that durability! I haven’t finished it yet but my set is going to be my Blight Draco dog with 6 of the new wheels and a Colossus.

I just watched a hover player chew through most of my team with these crossbows. They are very good at midrange brawling, and seems like they suit agile vehicles. I’m definitely going to pick up a pair.

The new wheels seem ok, they’re pretty beefy and much more steer-able than claws, haven’t really taken much notice of how the perk works with my brief time with them.

But they still are front facing wheels, and while better to drive than claws, they still suffer from the same general driving problems as claws when compared to traditional wheels. Handling is much better, but if you don’t like how claws are when it comes to driving and turning in general you will find the same problems here

It is powercreep. Builds have done nothing but get faster and more durable with better and better perks. Then a new wheel with the most durability of all wheels gets added and it’s got a perk that adds 15% top speed and 65% acceleration just for being tickled with an MG, while having a very workable power drain. You fail to think and then you compare me to a sheep. I’m the badger in these forums.

1 Like

I don’t see a problem. Leg and hover builds are most common at higher PS because their movement parts bump them up there. If the new wheels push more wheeled builds into ultra-high PS, I see no problem.

2 Likes

DId you try them? Built a brick on those, reverted to BFs+Hermit instantly. Their handling is garbage, and that makes the “perk” borderline penalizing. Power drifting uncontrollably into walls because you got a sudden power spike isn’t exactly OP.

1 Like

Hermits up front and bigfoot at the back with four sabbath turns pretty well. But all sabbath and or claw wheels does give pretty crappy turning unless your car is booking it.

Well… Even just bigfoot wheels on the back and sabbath on the front gives you better turning.

Seems like you didn’t try to get used to them. That was my first thought with Omnis but I stuck with them.

Omnis can suck pretty hard if you don’t have the right build setup for them. But on the right set ups they are worthy of top tier.

Mixing the wheels messes up the perk.

There are “ZERO” top tier competitive Omni builds.

1 Like

With servers running at 30 FPS and the amount of lag and packet losses we get, “getting used to them” won’t cut it.

At high speed, they slide everywhere
At low speed, their turning radius is garbage
No non-ST wheels to do the handbrake things
Very large and too low to hide 2 blocks under the car
Protecting your sides as a wheeled CQC build is more important than protecting your butt, so their mounting is actually penalizing.

I see no scenario where that wheel gets any use (and in fact, I don’t see it ingame unless I try to use it myself). Numbers are cool and all, but that’s not the whole picture.

I dunno, I’m seeing a lot of them in PVP on PS4, and they seem to be performing well. I haven’t tried them myself yet, because I’m hoping for more of a price drop before I buy some.

Driving with a controller is completely different, you have control over your steering input. On keyboard it’s 0% steering or 100%. And 100% steering with Sabbaths means you skid around.

There ain’t 50 ways around it. Ever played GTA with a keyboard, and with a controller to see the difference?

1 Like