Varun and new wheels

I’ve long suspected that wheels are more popular on console because it’s easier to maintain control with analog steering inputs.
Although I guess PC players could just use a controller if they feel left out.

Yet they will still be good on banana builds. Better than the standard claw

What PS?

But not as good as hermits.

I believe these wheels will have a role in CW but I don’t see them as OP in any way at this time. My early opinion is devs did a good job with balancing these.

3 Likes

I feel like the Varun was made for a game without the lag, input lag and connection issues this game generally has

1 Like

I’m seeing them mostly between 10kPS and 16kPS. They might be turning up in higher PS, but I don’t have any builds that high.

1 Like

so basically, i sold all the bigfoots i had, and got these wheels… due to everyone telling how “over powered” they were…

in my opinion, i don’t think they are “over powered” but it just happens that they have a perk that mostly synergizes in every build, which is something only the bigrams did before it;

it does not feel “over powered” while playing it, the perk is nice, but bigrams are still way more “over powered” considering people’s definitions of “over powered”.

That’s rough.

Also in the headliner: you placed those wheels the same way you place other wheels (the same position relative to the rest of the build). Does it change ssteering in any way?

i wasn’t realy using them other than for a build for plastic raids, and as i saw a lot of people i know selling all their wheels to get them, i decided to sell my bigfoots while i still had the opportunity to as their price will probrally drop due to oversuply;
honestly, sabbath’s perk fits my builds way more than bigfoot’s while being fun to build around and drive;
oh, and also, they look very cool;

yes, it does actually;

by putting the rear wheel and middle wheel facing each other, causes the rear wheel to turn to the opposite side of the others, making it “push” the back of the build outwards while turning instead of following the “curve” like the others ;

in all of these images i am turning to the “right” side,

the opposite effect can be achieved by making the midle wheels face the opposite direction than the rear ones rather than having them facing each other (this considerably increases turning radius instead of reducing it)

Does that work with regular wheels? They have the same effect of turning in different directions if you weld them in different places.

from what i know it is not possible, if turning right the front ST wheel will always turn “frontwards” inside the vehicle, same for the midlle one, and the rear one will turn “backwards” inside the vehicle;

here is me turning to the “right” side:

i used small wheels because it is easyer to see while using them (and totally not because i only own 4 ST wheels of the wheel types i have)

1 Like

I need to try it myself. I recall welding them so the middle wheels were turning as well as the rear ones. But this I may recall erroneously.

Ye, I have only one sabbath. I need to raise it up to 8. This way I can try to make a levi with 8 claws and 8 sabbath.

Claws are somewhat OP because of their size-tonnage ratio.

i honestly think a similar “result” can be achiavable using non-ST wheels and good wheel placement;

i am myself trying to get atleast 10 sabbaths so i can make a machinist heavy kaiju build for high ps, but that would cost an awfull 1600 coins, i can probrally get it within 3 weeks, but the crossout servers have been very weird recently, i get queued into a battle, then kicked back to my garage instantly, when i look at my match history, it shows that it is “unfinished” and that it took 0 seconds in total, the only way for that to not happen is if i force crossout to only queue me to the russian servers

This is really weird. But I’m sus this might be caused by some certain world events I’m not going to mention.

Dunno if that will ever work. Machinist is getting easily countered by low profile builds and vulnerable to rear and side attacks. Anyhorse, power to you.

1 Like

Off topic (sorry everyone else), but I like the look of your truck. I’ll always commend people who put some effort into making what can be called a realistic looking post apocalyptic vehicle.
Thumbs up!

4 Likes

I made a cohort with a bunch of sabbath wheels. This thing catches and overtakes hovers. These wheels are scurry. It’s nice to go over 80km on a cohort.

3 Likes

Hmmm, makes me want to try them with Yokozuna. Fast heavy builds are fun!

The new wheels are good, but I would never sell my Bigfoots for them.

NGL I’d be smashing my head against a wall rn if I sold my Bigfoots and Hermits for slippery crappy Sabbaths U_U

I’m trying to like them. I don’t. I hate them. They understeer at low speed, they oversteer at high speed, The overall grip is garbage in melee, getting perk spikes during turns is a nightmare, I just hate them so much lmao.

2 Likes