What is the point of a high speed car?

About the only thing my art builds have going for them is speed, usually. They tend to be devoid of a lot of armor, under-weight, and handle more like cars. If it weren’t for the fact that I can out-run and out maneuver many of the more ferocious min-maxed or META builds, I probably would never survive. If and when any of my silly builds do well at all, it is usually because it is fast and handles. I don’t focus much on fire-power, or many gimmicks other than handling and speed, and I too rarely use boosters. I think I will try some though, now that you mentioned it.

I use this game a bit like motorcycle replacement therapy, since I don’t ride anymore. I miss the feeling, and this game helps, as long as the ride is quick.
You’re probably right though, there isn’t much of a difference between fast builds and whatever else.
I’d like it if Small-Tracks weren’t so fast. I think it’s dumb that they perform as well as wheels, and they are screwing up the game because they are OP. JMO. I don’t really care, and I’ll deal with it, but personally it’s the one nerf I would most like to see. Ever since they fixed those things they’ve been an overbearing menace, I think.

Has to be because it was quick (and lucky), Right? Just luck? Maybe.

We did have a good team that played like one. That helps. IDK.
Matchmaker threw me a soft ball?
All I can say is, this build is fast and light. I usually do OK with it, I don’t get MVP very often though, but it’s more fun than some of my other builds. It doesn’t fair any worse (or better) than anybody else’s build when it comes to the META. The META is the META. All I can say that it’s got going for it is speed (and a handbreak). It doesn’t even have a cloak.

2 Likes

i do agree with this, high speed just seems like a burden now.

example: my build goes 90 - 95, but the big issue is when i lose my 2 front plows or i go at high speeds, i barely have control over my vehicle. it over corrects, slides like its on ice, and gets stuck on walls that i cant turn off of. i have to stop, back up, then turn away. 6 big foots should not be sliding that badly, they are supposed to be the best wheel in the game with the most grip (apart from treads). whats the point if they act like they been slathered in gallons of oil? they are slipperier than a non stick pan!

1 Like

Have you ever seen monster trucks in real life? They slid around even more than our cars do in-game. No tire is going to give you a lot of traction on dirt at 90kmh, but if you take the time to really dial in the handling of your build (and learn to use your brakes), you can still maintain a reasonable amount of control.
Personally, I find fast cars handle better using a conventional layout of 2 ST wheels in the front and two non-ST ones in the rear. Your default turning radius might not be as tight, but by using your handbrake you can spin around quicker.
On six wheel builds I’ll run ST wheels in the front and rear, with two non-ST in the middle. It’s a bit more twitchy, but still allows you to use handbrake to maintain control.

I’m actually pretty impressed at how the game models weight balance. Handling can change drastically, depending on your build and where you’ve put the bulk of your mass.

1 Like

thats not a comparison though, monster trucks have HUGE wheels and their wheels arent made for traction. they also have a smaller cabin in most cases. monster trucks have 4 wheels, im using 6 wheels on my build.
you could argue that bigfoots are monster truck wheels but… ive seen bigger in the game, just not usable on our cars.
still though, regardless of size alot of wheels in the game dont have alot of traction. i might fuse my bigfoots for more traction.

Little base cab energy build. I cant say waltz is a good weapon for Jannabi perk. It’s not. It’s just to tough to fire off shots while the cab perk is active. But the cab design comes in to play nicely with the gun mounting points.

1 Like

Show us your builds would be the right location for your post, since it seems to be unrelated to this topic.

High speed as in with boosters, to either activate Cockpit or to be able to get away from enemies rushing at you

High speed in general, to slap on a few shotguns so you can spin in a circle around an enemy and shoot in the general direction of his build while he or his weapons can’t keep up

Maneuverability is ofc most important aspect of speed, but I find acceleration just as important here as speed. If not more in many situations. And that too is lacking on many things.
But seriously, XO has no such thing that could be called speed or a fast drive… Just SLOW and LESS SLOW.

2 Likes

Small tracks are now rubbish - their turning circle is huge and if they loos a couple they only spin in a circle. You can also be 20kph faster on small builds so i am not sure what you are meaning? Is it that you are not really fast and they have maxed a big build for speed?

1 Like

I notice this the most when I’ve tried hovers, or flying things. The wheels sort of compensate for a lot of balance issues in builds (until you push’em fast), but without them you realize right away this game actually does have some sort of physics engine going on. It’s hard for me to feel how deep that goes, and at what point science fiction takes over and the physics are no longer relevant, or where and when it is important to acknowledge.
I have fun building flying things for that reason (the sensitivity of the physics engine). Just putting a headlamp on some flying builds can change a lot in some cases. I think it’s an entertaining puzzle sometimes.

Me too. When I started I thought it was best to use all steering-wheels, but I think the handbrake/non-steering-wheels work better for me with most builds.

I’d like to see an improvement in acceleration with wheels, and other than the wonky physics wedge-fix/bug that allows for sticky cars, and getting dragged and eaten by sticky melee, I wouldn’t really want to see more traction in my wheels (maybe some types). I like the drift. I’d actually like to see more slip and slide, and I think we’d be better off with bouncy cars, than sticky cars too.
I wish impacts were more prone to knock you around than just stick you to some guy’s grill where he just grinds you to bits while you are stuck helpless and wishing the physics engine had more quality characteristics. Even if you’re in a great big rig, getting hit by anything is too often like getting hit by a train. You’re pinned. Game over.
I really do wish they’d roll the sticky cars fix back soon, and like I said, I think it would be more fun if the cars were just a little bit bouncy on impacts. I would have rather seen that type of fix than just nerfing Melee, Wedges, Small-Tracks or whatever.

1 Like

That’s how I played for years, people suck at it, you out-flank and out-play your enemies, and you do it in style, had over a 4.0 kills per game and i played since launch (if you know what I mean when i say the ‘old’ kills per match system and how it worked you’d understand…

Good fun, you get to look good to

1 Like

I don’t know why they took 5kmh off cabs, the last thing the game needed was to be slower…

No cool moments in Crossout happen at slow speeds

2 Likes

Tell that to devs, that 5kmh has ensured I don’t return after 4-5 years playing

1 Like

So no more forum presence either since you’ve quit playing? One would hope. Since that’s the logical path after quiting a game.

1 Like

are you stoked?

TLDR that speed nerf was #%@$ing dumb. Last thing this game needed was to feel more sluggish.

1 Like

Wonder why so many people quit but keep coming ere? Because this game was good, so good infact that people want to believe it’ll return to it’s former glory, give us a reason to come back. Huge wasted potential.

People don’t like spending 4 or 5 years on a game to have their work thrown in the trash, it’s not just some ‘logical step’

2 Likes

The game was much worse three years ago. Take off those rose coloured glasses.

1 Like

It’s never been ‘good’, it’s always been meta’s, always

1 Like