What's your go to song you play when you enter battle

I think it was very hard for Cash himself. His career was falling apart, he’d relapsed, & he was pretty much a “has been” at the time he signed with American. Hardcore fans may disagree with that, but uh… don’t make me post the chicken. Really, the brilliance was Rick Rubin’s. It wasn’t Cash trying to have one last hurrah - so to speak - but for the first time in maybe decades, he was recording music he actually believed in.

As for Rammstein… they’re not retiring, are they? I mean, I’ve heard the song, but didn’t think that meant they were bowing out. That’d be a bummer for sure.

Now that we’ve touched on Country music produced by a quasi-Beastie Boy, industrial metal/rock… how about one of the hardest drops from the prime of dubstep.

I have and do play with this in the background from time to time…
Drops at 1:20 or so…

Borgore - Kiss my lips_(Original_mix) - video Dailymotion

For Ronnie James Dio and Dimebag Darrell !! R.I.P.

2:40 :wink:

1 Like

johnny cash actually did not want to do “hurt” originally. He was convinced to do it as one of his last or his actual last song. ONE party to do it was the person who actually made the video. the clips from johnny’s life. and there was one other party as well. If remember right Johnny only agreed after being allowed to change one word inserting “crown of thorns” in its place.

In the video I suspect he wasn’t actually playing the guitar his fingers hardly moved. and the piano as well it was single finger presses on a key. I suspect by that point he was suffering partial paralysis, or extreme arthritis. . He looked like he had partial paralysis in his face. that I could see in the video.

Every day is a battle, and that’s the song that gets me through it these days

2 Likes

Love the song… not sure I’d play with it in the background, though… at least not in the background of the game. Mabye life, though. yeah…

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

OMD, from an album from 1983 called “Dazzle Ships”. It is a very experimental album to say the least, with not that many actual songs in it, but the few in it are very good. From wikipedia: Dazzle Ships met with largely negative reviews and, despite reaching the top five of the UK Albums Chart, was regarded as a commercial flop; it nevertheless attracted a cult following and served as an inspiration for multiple recording artists. Music journalists eventually came to recognize the album as an underrated and misunderstood work, and a record ahead of its time. Since its initial re-release in 2008, Dazzle Ships has received critical acclaim.

The whole album is pretty neat to listen through, even with the other stuff in it. Really puts you into that razzle dazzle mood

1 Like

OMD sounds like a flashback from the 80’s new wave

:slight_smile:

Not my cup of tea, but I can dig what they are doing.

There’s this one mexican folk song that I really like that has 100s of covers called “La Llorona” I put it on often…

I’ll give you a few versions, I don’t really have a favorite:

Wastin Time.

That moment when you realize one of the only Metallica songs you can tolerate is a cover, and worse than the original…

I’m detecting some very pleasant Cheap Trick/Quiet Riot energy in this.

Here is another song Metallica covered that the original is better (at least to me)

1 Like
1 Like

Some of those songs are what I’d listen to if I were trying to take a nap… Spanish guitar & all. LOL I don’t think I’d be listening to them while playing a combat game.

In my angry years, pretty much everything I listened to would be good for gaming. Today? Not so much. The older I get, the older my music gets.

I won’t torture you guys with my current playlist… unless you’re digging German Opera. LOL :joy:

1 Like

I found this song the other day on youtube, I know it’s not really Crossout but the old school 60’s go go vibes are pretty dope.

Austin power style

IMG_0337

2 Likes