What's your go to song you play when you enter battle

The crazy thing is that at first glance, they’re obviously a “gimmick band,” so you expect a bunch of no talent hacks compensating with an outrageous stage show. But, jeeze… they’re more talented & have better music that a lot of what I hear on the radio. If only the lyrics were family friendly. :joy:

1 Like

My go too “pump up” tunes come primarily from he bands Shamans’ Harvest, Disturbed, Sabaton, and I have been starting to branch off from that

Hold up, is this a band concert or is this real life heresy? lol

1 Like

bonnie Tyler “holding out for a Hero.”

And the original “footloose”.

rip Tina Turner. she passed away at 83 :crying_cat_face:

her beyond thunderdome songs.

1 Like

These late Led Zeppelin songs are aging slower than I am :pensive:

Definitely grabbing the bass and a pick later tonight (^:

1 Like

l listen to this when wondering around Awakening.

last 2 while hanging out in bedlam

Incinerators at 300m it is.

1 Like

Forgot that song exists… great tune & fitting!

Your Neighbors are going to love this ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wait for the intro vocals to end.

This type of music is “Post Hardcore”

Side note: I have seen many of the bands I have posted in this thread live.

Music Style: Mid West Emo

Listen past intro music. I love this style, but can see why some people would find it abrasive.

Here is another Mid west emo band

And one more :slight_smile:

They had me til he started “singing.” :joy:

I liked the last one… alot… the juxtaposition of the screaming and singing was great.

30 years ago, I would’ve liked all of 'em. Guess I’m getting old… or just got tired of it at some point.
It’s funny. I’ll pull out old music I absolutely loved 30 years ago & find it unlistenable, now.
I think it’s that 30 years ago, I was ummm… a little angry. :joy:

Life is good now (it was good then, but I didn’t realize it). I’m not as angry. My music reflects that.

Usually.

I’ll still occasionally dip back into the darker stuff, but generally… nah.

Not angry… but some of the above reminded me of Fugazi.

Here’s one, not for when you’re in battle, but for when you’re waiting for a match to start. :joy:

2 Likes

You guys listen to way harder stuff than I do lol.

:100:

I don’t really listen to that much angry stuff. Many people are stuck in a genre of music, I tend to prefer good music, regardless of the style. BUT, the thread is called “song you play when you enter battle”, not “song you play when you try to seduce the pink art build”.

When your battle plan is to drag a hover behind a rock to do the nasty to him:

4 Likes

Come here little hover, I haz candy…

1 Like

I rarely listen to anything angry anymore… even in battle.
I was stuck in all the genres of metal and hip-hop/rap for a very long time.
I woke up one day, turned on some music, and it just didn’t fit the vibe, anymore.
Music can direct your mood… emotions… thoughts… philosophies…

I’ve always been a big fan of music without vocals. Be it classical, metal, jazz, bluegrass… whatever. Too often a good song is ruined by a singer with the I.Q. of a rather intelligent lesser primate & the lyrics to match.

Try this slightly ominous piece out. No lyrics. Too short for my satisfaction, but nice…

2 Likes

this reminded me of Boston…

3 Likes