Where are all these players coming from?

I believe there are some Chinese players because the old Chinese server is down, and the new one does not inherit any parts

1 Like

If these new players are real whither newcomers or veterans there had to have been some pretty insane advertising going on and the timing of it makes no sense, you think it would of happened around when 2.0 released not 3 months later. It also happened pretty much overnight with this super spike.

1 Like

The steam chart shows a steady climb that started about a week ago, starting on January 9…still, it seems pretty unusual, but it’s more believable than I thought when I first saw the numbers. I still can’t fathom why this is suddenly more popular on steam than it’s ever been, and I wonder what the overall numbers look like.

I’m glad to see it, if it’s real. It’s just hard to believe, and if it’s true, then I wish the house was in better order. You can only make first impressions once. I’m not sure the state of the game is optimal for inviting a bunch of guests to try for the first time, and I hope they get the Battle Pass out sooner than later to impress all the new kids…and that they don’t drop the ball on that, but it looks good so far.

1 Like

Gonna have to wait a bit to really compare the steam review numbers with the player count on steam charts. Also Some of the past months from a couple of years ago for steam reviews seem pretty shady to me. November 2019 had an absolute insane spike in positive reviews but yet there was only a slight increase in players for that same time period.

1 Like

If they really want to make a better first impression I say a good start is to fix the super boring daily challenges. It is the same old same old every day, it is either machinegun challenge, cannon challenge or shotgun challenge. They should just call it the daily chores because that is all it is.

2 Likes

Keep em simple i say. Its whats best. I can complete challenges without even trying to that way. On some occasions ive completed the “complete 40 daily challenges" challenge, and i never even tried to complete a single challenge that week.

1 Like

I say they should have basic ones like they got currently and throw in some more advanced ones on top . I like the battlepass challenges because they are always different but still easy to get.

2 Likes

The numbers might be real. For the past few months, on a daily basis, I have been seeing many new names in Bedlam, which had a pretty fixed population of regulars.

I was playing lower PS today in honour of Monster Truck Mondays, and was surprised to find myself in a lot of no-bot games. Maybe the numbers are real?
I’m going to try going lower PS and see what I see.
It definitely feels like I’m seeing a lot of players with seemingly random combinations of weapons at all PS ranges, which feels like a sign of new players.

the players are coming to check out the game because No One is making games or at least ‘free to play’ games.
ask yourself ‘why i’m i playing crossout still’ ?
‘why am i bored with other games’ ?
this game is easy to connect to,fast to just clik battle and play,while other games take to long to do either.
so simpler is better.
if EverQuest3 ever comes out i know i would be playing that,but i would also play this as well.
in short–there are not many options anymore for a good game to play and just chill like the old days…
so crossout is the new chill n kill game for now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Gotta log out of the game and forums to see advertising.

HUGE twitch promotion last month, this month. Huge sponsorships with Jayz2cents and several other big Youtube names. Big facebook promo campaigns also.

Crossout 2.0 was on about 1/3 of the gaming related videos I watched on Youtube for much of November.
Also had advertising on Peacock, Amazon and Hulu.

So yeah there was a media blitz of sorts that could explain a bump in player base.

Well said. Well said.

4 Likes

but that is a RoughMonkey :rofl:

2 Likes

That would be a really Rough Monkey

2 Likes

None of these explanations explains the sudden rise. Player base was on a very slight rise since 2.0 so these explanations can explain that much or at least have a very slight partial contribution to it but the root cause of the sharp sudden rise had to have occurred at the same time of the sharp rise in player count.
Capture1
The numbers have slowly been increasing since july month but something happened on January 11h and then the players count just took off to the stratosphere. Something had to have happened on that exact date for such a sharp rise in numbers. You can pretty much discard anything that happened before January 9th something very very specific triggered it.

here is the 3 month graph
Capture2
You can see that whatever caused this spike had to have happened at the same time of the spike. If it was related to events prior the graph would be more evened out with a steady inclined and not a sudden jump like we are seeing

2 Likes

The thing about population growth is that it feeds itself. More people joining the game means more people telling their friends. Plus a bunch of people probably got consoles for Christmas and are looking for games.

Poony4u I’m going to be pretty frank here not trying to be rude but that is an absolute brain mush of an explanation I can’t help but say it.

That is true but not all on the same day. Everybody just don’t decide to get it on all on the same day lol the growth is steady over time with a close to straight upward line. Some birthdays are more popular than others but it is within like 10% at the extremes. The least popular birthdays are feb 29th(due to leap year) with the 2nd least popular day being December 25th which is christmas day and that is mainly due to hospitals not being opened for the holidays. Most birthdays are in september but we are talking just single digit percentage point differences here not a 100% spike like what happened yesterday. I mean we haven’t seen numbers that high even when the game first released, something very specific, sudden and drastic happened. They all literally just came on the same day it was not something gradual.

The steam chart I’m looking at appears to show a strong and gradual increase in population starting around the 9th or 10th. When I first looked at the chart I thought I read an overnight leap too, but it appears to have taken about a week, when I look closer.

1 Like

over a period of 5 or 6 days but close enough you get what I mean, this had a very specific trigger to cause that.
edit: 4 days

1 Like

I don’t do social media, or twitch, but the rumor is that there has been a lot of marketing going on there and probably other places, lately. It’s pretty strong media too, and if I saw that I would want to play it. It looks badass.

1 Like