Where are all these players coming from?

I would like to know for sure because rumors are just that rumors. I see only 2 possible explanations so I got it narrowed down to these 2. Number one they started a very heavy marketing campaign starting exactly on Ianuary 9th or 10th with the 8th of January being the absolute earliest they started it or possibility number 2 being a flood of fake accounts. What bugs me about the fake account theory is that it is so obvious with the sheer number I don’t see how they could get away with it, you think they would be a little more subtle if that were the case.

1 Like

If you are going to steal cookies from your grandmas cookie jar and try to get away with it you eat them over time not eat all the cookies at once. Who knows the devs might do something that dumb but I doubt it.

1 Like

Marketing campaigns take a while to produce results it probably would have started before that if it’s the cause.

This thread is funny though. Steam Charts are good enough for some to point at when they want to show a decline but suddenly not good enough to show an increase… lol…

1 Like

I would like the devs to come and explain the reason for the new record player numbers that occurred in such a short time span and if not here at least explain it on reddit or something. The player count literally doubled in a span of 4 days. At least ease our mind’s that there is no foul play going on. I don’t think people here realize just how big of a deal this is. I am not accusing them it is too early to jump the gun yet but I need to know.

2 Likes

The player count more than likely didn’t double. Peak is just a count of concurrent online users. Unless the average doubles suddenly there isn’t much to worry about. Having a higher peak can even be from older players coming in to look at changes too there is nothing stipulating that it has to be new accounts.

1 Like

It actually quadrupled for the non peak hours. There are usually 2000-3000 players playing at this time but right now it says there are 9,121 players logged in for the same time period when the player count is supposed to be at it’s lowest. Averages won’t show itself for a while because the spike is just in it’s beginning stages so you won’t know the averages until another 3 or 4 weeks but the averages are sharply up has well. Averages won’t double suddenly that is impossible. You need for 30 days to go by to get averages.

2 Likes

My friend had not played in years. He had Goblins when they were Blue and a Detector from a Blue Crate. He had a Growl and a Wyvern.

He got 2 free vehicle packs, Marmok and another which unlocked parts he did not have and Blue Wheels to use. He also now owns a Bear Cabin, Sinus and Sledgehammers. He traded 300 Engineers Badges for a Harate.

He took coins he had long ago earned and bought a Call Cabin, he crafted 3 Cobras, he used 25 percent Decorations, the 50 percent weekend, and unlocked many levels of standard factions and unlocked all three advanced factions to level 6, every level he got a fresh 70,000 daily bonus, plus he got 6 days of Premium time with the Free Pack Vehicles.
He now desires a set of Bigfoot Wheels, but he has exhausted his coins.

Will he now grind for Bigfoot wheels? Will he open his wallet? Will he quit again for years? Will he just play without Bigfoot wheels?

But long story short, he played like mad that weekend. He does not use Steam.

1 Like

It’s not a “higher peak,” it’s doubled, and is higher than it’s ever been before. That’s why it’s unusual and unbelievable. That and how rapidly it occurred. I take it you didn’t look at the numbers? You should, they are remarkable, and if they are legitimate, it’s probably a bigger deal than Hovers ever were, and I bet the developers admire the relevance.

1 Like

I did and you’re miss interpreting what I said. I was talking about the accusations of fake new accounts for the most part. The only thing peak accounts for is players logging in, old, new the count doesn’t care. The count doesn’t care if they are on to check their account or if they actually played a few rounds. To see if there is an actual change in player base you have to wait for the averages to show.

I doubt it is mostly older players because they would need to do smart targeted advertising for that and even in the past when word got around like a new battlepass or something the player count only spiked slightly but nothing more than lets say a thousand players or so tops but this is the first time crossout surpassed 5 digits in it’s lifetime. If it was older players id see them but i have been playing nothing but bots has usual and clan wars is still declining has well so i doubt it is older players. Even my friends list all the dudes that ain’t logged in months or years are not on either.

1 Like

I’m not sure anybody was taking that explanation very seriously, but it sort of has to be mentioned as a possibility. The numbers are strange enough to warrant the speculation, or at least acknowledge that whatever has happened is extraordinary. Until a week ago this game’s Steam chart was quite unremarkable and has been for years.

I guess I don’t understand your nonchalance, or why you think it’s strange that people would wonder over the freakishness of this curve. It couldn’t possibly look “normal” to anybody. It looks like a heartbeat suddenly appearing on a long dead corpse.

1 Like

You got to keep a open mind hey. Hit the nail on the head there not that I was blaming them

1 Like

It’s just not that strange to me to see odd spikes every now and then. It also cracks me up a bit too because it’s just wild speculation over it which doesn’t do anyone any favors. Then there’s the funniness that I mentioned before of when the chart numbers are often brought up i.e. game is dying look at the steam charts. Now it’s oh no the steam charts are up they must be cheating some how. It’s not like the game hasn’t had months with funky gains before either even though it didn’t effect peak too.

Looks like a mass download happend, if you look at average players which is a better view of the games pop as that is number of people on at the same time. You will see we gained about 1k. which means the rest are likely bots.

My guess is likely a streamer hit and people logged in or downloaded got to the launcher and left.

1 Like

After seeing the curve, I’m sure that’s why

1 Like

Exactly. Devs did a lot of good stuff. They upgraded the graphics so now thr game just looks beautiful on pc. And they dropped two new advertisement videos on steam that really make crossout look awsome. And people are wondering why steam numbers are riseing? Some people are just idiots i guess.

1 Like

Je ne chinese pas

1 Like

I played the last days between 8k-9k in the evening CET and I was happy about that the most of PVP games didn’t include bots. Surprising and challenging :wink:

1 Like

Those are the odds, but I find that most people are savants of one sort or another. The trick in life is to be in your element, I guess.

All things being relative, “smart people” probably aren’t really a thing.

1 Like

An interesting take. But you still believe dumb people exist right?