Where is the Variety?

uhm no? mobility is not the meta, most machinegunners who rip you apart are just sitting still.
yeah hovers are nice, but a big power score increase and they are low hp.

2 Likes

Machine Guns only sit still when there is no sense of danger. When theyā€™re under cannon fire they will be strafing left and right to avoid getting hit.
Iā€™m gonna need more of an argument to be convinced that mobility isnā€™t meta.

I wish mobility was more metaā€¦ The game kind of nerfs mobility by increasing spread at speed. So in reaction players tend to handbrake or otherwise stop to fire until they start taking more damage then they want to.

I think with the machine gunners it really depends on what gun they are using as to how often they sit still too. The rapid-fires and miniā€™s have a lot smaller ranges then the frontals and normal MGā€™s so they have to move around a lot more. If you donā€™t with those and shoot at a distance the dmg is drastically reduced.

I donā€™t know whatā€™s happening at 10K PS and above, but beneath that, MGs are NOT ripping everything apartā€¦ They are only really good on light hovers, but they are one of the most balanced weapons.

Iā€™d say this, pretty muchā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

Itā€™s the result of having a stale meta that steamrolls absolutely everything with ease and is only countered by itself

1 Like

A shit game, but the people responsible are more than happy with it as long as they earn money.
1: create a broken meta centered around deliberately OP items
2: some people will pay real money to get said items
3: people who paid will pwn those who didnā€™t to no end
4: nerf the OP items or make them obsolete with power creeped new ones by the time non-payers grind their way to it
5: repeat

Pre-nerf battlepass fused Kaiju, Favorite cabin dominance, Blight flamers, Trigger spam leviathans, and the cyclical metas that favor one set of legendary items (sparkvesters, horizontal drakes, etc) that dominate for a short time before being surpassed by another. Welcome to the "free to play, pay to progress (totally not pay to win) " cycle. WoT does the exact same thing, but with premium tanks and new tech tree branches.

I know your only trying to help.

But this idea you keep saying over and over again is just a bad idea.

This idea should be called ā€œHow to kill what we have left of the gameā€

1 Like

How are you so sure itā€™s just not youā€¦?

2 Likes

Most broken meta is shotguns on growl and borer on trucker - both are pretty easy to acquire. Considering that PS is a choice without real consequence, you can OP for free except the cost of your soul and decency.

1 Like

car drives up to tank, tank shoots its cannon, car gets a dent in the hood and a crack in the windshield.
car fires back with 4 machine guns, tank cannon falls off, car drives away laughing.

1 Like

I wish the game wasnā€™t just shotgun/fire and side hovers, itā€™s so dumb

3 Likes

unfortunately most of the long distance stuff only seems to work in pve.

3 Likes

Yeah because maps are so close quarters its insane and 10 tonne + melee get to turn at max speed with no penalty, vehicles used to drift a lot on wheels and cause issues with heavy vehicles but they made it more no-skill-proof

Acceleration doesnā€™t mean what it used to when you can keep that speed while turning, you know? Builds that are 10 or 12 tonnes, even like 16 tonnes will not lose and power when turning and I think thatā€™s really dumb when the maps are so close quarters in generalā€¦

Heavy builds are bad enought as if now, if you are having that much problems with them, maybe you should try moving away from them.

I find itā€™s actually the opposite, so many maps are barren open fields that the only viable ranged weapon is scorp. Leaving dogs as the only alternative because anything that isnā€™t a dog gets murdered hard af by a good scorp hover.

(Speaking about endgame here, not PvP)

1 Like

Yeah iā€™ll just outpace all the heavy ktm and dog builds when most maps are close range corridors and strips. I donā€™t know what game youre playing

The way youā€™re talking it feels like you have never ever used an actual heavy vehicleā€¦

Open:

Bridge
Factory
Founders Canyon
Nameless Tower
Sandy Gulf
Ship Graveyard
Rock City
Ravenger Foothold
Broken Arrow
Crater
Ashen Ring
Naukograd
Fortress

Close:

Desert Valley
East Quarter
Peaceful Atom
Powerplant
Control 17
Sector Ex
Old Town
Chemical Plant
Sinto City
Clean Island

So this Iā€™d like to say is about right, yeah?

But the issue I find is that on the close quarters maps, thereā€™s no choice at all really, cloaked melee etc, if youā€™re ranged you cant really go anywhere. But on the more open maps you have the opportunity to play longer range but thereā€™s so many areas where close range can have a huge advantage, especially as ktm builds like destructors or miniguns can do a reasonable amount of range damage, shotguns have a fair bit of range combines with the lack of loss in acceleration when turning huge builds on wheels now means unless youre just sat in an open field and have all the time in the world they can just W + M1 at you, drive and hold trigger and itā€™s rewardedā€¦

Also no one talks about how cap points make the game bias to close range on every map in pvp, especially with all the cover on most of them

1 Like

are you saying that one shouldnā€™t bring a sniper rifle to a knife fight?

1 Like

55%? Should be more specific about PS. I know piercers are almost OP on ~5-6k PS, yet nothing close to 55%.