Where is the Variety?

There definitely been nerf to piercers, about year ago I remember that. And yes they are still OP. Sinus and other stuff is just about ok.

*not 90% wedge shotguns, you forgot half of them were spitfire dogs, and other kind of dogs.
One thing becomes meta, it getā€™s nerfed, people find another best thingā€¦
You know, once devs nerfed shotguns and destroyed them as meta (now they are too weak which isnā€™t right too)
for some time, game was again perfect and was great diversity of weapons. But still, some cattle came to realize that their sealclub moved to piercers, and so they are used often now, but not really as much as could be, not enough popular meta builds for that.
Most funny and particular thing is - construction parts rebalance - devs said they aimed to slow game downā€¦ by bringing more cheap armor, and making parts tougherā€¦ turned out you can add lots of cheap armor to fat meleeā€™s and it didnā€™t affected others craft that muchā€¦ except they slowed them down lolā€¦ So in the end they ended up making the game faster and even more annoying.
At least they successfully removed wedge thingā€¦
Still, I would say game is almost good at this point, but with melees, if you are careful and stay aware - they rarely can catch you.
Some mild nerf to piercers, and nerf to melees and thing will be fine. I think the best way to fix that heavy melee meta is to revert structural parts to what they been.

I do agree that shotguns are haram, but Piercer are kind of ok because they have low durability and actual hitbox (i am still not convinced sledgehammer has a hitbox at all) - so you easily loose them and you cant just facehug opponents as time to spit the dmg out is 3-4 times that of a shotgun. Triggers and canons counter them rather well.

They are not plague yet because most people donā€™t know how to make proper builds with themā€¦ yet.
I hide 3 piercers 1 pin lover behind cab, and one at front, also having 300+hp of parts protecting itā€™s 1 pin of lower part. The only thing capable of reliably killing that - hover cannonsā€¦ but with some improvements, been months since I had anything at all outperforming my piercer build. Even other piercer builds are not much of problem. Triggers - mehā€¦ In theory their accuracy and durability should do the trick. But in realityā€¦ no dps, and by the time they lay seocond shot - almost nothing is left of them.
I actually love Piercers because by definition is kind of middle ground weapon, between ambushing shotgun and long range MG, a perfect weapon to counter anything. Before shotgun nerf things worked for me as they should - I barely managed to fend them of if they break to close range unchallenged, often loosing, and was more reliable victory if I utilize range superiority and give them some damage as they approach. Now itā€™s just ridiculous, they break to close range, and just dieā€¦
So my point is - they are real evil thing if you make a decent build with them. But it takes a lot of time for people to figure things out, build meta, leak it for whatever reason on exhibitionā€¦(imo anyone should ride what he was capable to assemble not use some meta he didnā€™t build).
I also very happy with my 7400 PS build with 4xPiercers on cockpit with 2xhermes, gasgen, seal and hermit wheels. Gives a reliable +30% damage boost, also boosts craft to 200+kmh, and with 900 hp, low profile, MGs 1 pin lower behind stuff it can take a few punches. It feels like cockpit was made for this kind of build, but I never seen anyone doing thatā€¦ peoplesā€¦ Almost anyone just tries to make ugly meta heap of trash build that would deliver him some easy kills.
There is some guys at 10k+PS with 3XHermers, 4xIMPs builds with appolloā€¦ but that is a different story, they are not making use of low profile of cabin, and donā€™t have that much of speed.

i hate sideways hover builds. i never use them. im not going to adjust my controls just to get in free cheap damage while taking barely any at all due to a bug where it doesnt calculate damage properly on sideways hits. play the dang vehicle the way its meant to be played. it just goes to show that players will exploit anything so long as it has an advantage. look at what happened to sideways mandrakes. it was abused so much that the devs killed that build.
idk if these are still a thing but also take a look at reaper fliers. they stay at the top of the map shooting down at you with you unable to defend yourself unless you have cover to hide under.

2 Likes

Post a pic in the show your builds thread!
Would love to see it

1 Like

I tried it it it seems to be a huge PITA whenever you have to shoot downwards, which somehow is jappning more often than one would assume. Especially trying to shoot form cover behind a hill/ridge.

If you block MGs so they canā€™t shoot lover then horizon, yes. But my arenā€™t blocked so they can shoot lower.

Tilted builds that lean slightly forward are broken OP for a reasonā€¦

I like you

2 Likes