Anyone here actually enjoying the game?

Generally, I would agree, but clearly there are a few exceptions, as demonstrated in this thread alone.

It gets real bad when the developers release a wonky update, which they do from time to time, obviously, but I don’t think that’s the norm.

I like Crossout. It’s one of my favorite games despite some frustration. It’s unique. I like going against the meta and succeeding. When my custom build defeats a meta build (even though my build is not optimized, or is valuing aesthetics over efficiency), the victory is all that much sweeter. Especially when I defeat a large competitive clan when joined up in a random group. Sometimes we plebs can come together and pull off some great match wins, even if it is by accident.

It’s a LOT of fun.

1 Like

It don’t mater what you play, at some point you will kill everyone at least once. Not sure that is success :wink: but whatever makes you enjoy the game more then do that.

I do have a saying I always use for XO:

“I have killed the best and died to the worst.”

2 Likes

Meh. I do alright. 3.8 kills per battle seems OK. Almost half the enemy team each battle with a non-meta, non-melee, non-flame build. Even if it’s not great, I think I’m doing pretty exceptional for a filthy casual.

1 Like

I’d say 80%+ players don’t appreciate xo at all. You can easily see those people having crafts with unpainted parts looking like pile of junk. They don’t care about xo, building, etc. They just need the feel they win and dominate over something. Most times they don’t care what tools to use for that either, shifting builds and weapons with current meta.
So for them as soon as they lose those tools game instantly becomes empty.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s entirely true. There are many things to like about Crossout even if the building part isn’t your favorite. Some people find it fun to just play whatever’s current. This is true for any other constructed game, especially collectable card games. It’s also the easiest way to grind and get resources so that you can actually get the parts you want later on. It can also be a way for new players to learn about good construction methods (like spaced armor instead of layered armor.)

Plus, if you’re part of a competitive clan doing Clan Wars, you have to run the meta, otherwise you don’t get the wins. That’s the unfortunate truth about competitive games, and it’s nearly universal. Sooner or later, teams for Clan Wars and solo queuers for Confrontation are going to hit that wall of meta teams that will prevent them from advancing, then they’ll be forced to run meta themselves.

1 Like

That’s called being meta slave. Nothing good about it.

Just wondering… what do you call people when they are slaves to doing what they think is the opposite of the META?

Trick question!

The answer is “player”.

No one here can play with their toys better then anyone else.

Is anyone playing the game.

There is no opposite of meta as one thing. Playing non meta goes various ways, from art to functional art, also different degree of just poorly designed to the point of just inept trash builds. Also there are ex-meta builds(well designed but no longer meta). Also there are stuff offering unique experience, well defigned but weak(flying builds, incinerators) or ones using underpowered weapons in current balance. There is no single word for all those different things.

As if everyone plays their toys. Substential portion of players use copypaste meta builds, so yes, some play same builds better then others.
And a bunch of players just playing whatever they can afford.
There isn’t that much players doing their own thing their own way.

1 Like

Playing “better” is just a state of mind.

Some people really focus on score and K/D.
Some people focus on cool looking design.
Some people focus on interesting build combos and things they never seen before…
Some people focus……

News flash: non of the players above play with their toys any better then the other AND all the players above have a different standard when it comes to having fun.

Just because someone can kill more people don’t make them a better player then someone that built a car that looks like an elephant and has hours of fun killing people in a ridiculous looking car.

One of the weirdest things (to me) on the internet are the “look at my stats” guys. Now if that is their version of fun then more power to them! You have fun the way you like and forget everyone else. BUT to not be able to even understand how people can have fun other ways then just kills is weird.

2 Likes

i want internet folk to love and respect me for getting all the wins.

i want internet folk to love and respect me for being very unique and clever.

4 Likes

Lol right :slight_smile:

So you are a single player in first place in CW? I’m confused, if that number meant anything in game, one would think you can kill a whole team in CW by yourself every time. Are you indeed the top clan in CW on your platform?

I lol’d.

It’s quite straightforward thing. For hitscan precise weapons you need that cs:go kind of skill, just aim at pixels with your mouse fast. Ballistic weapons add sense of calculating elevation and leading targets, some driving skill and map awareness and that’s about it. All that while using copy-paste meta build.

They usually separate that from pvp and either do unarmerd art or pvp dogs.

For wast majority having fun is based on ability to win as being vaporized on every encounter is barely any fun. I was talking those people that will just play whatever works, no matter looks or anything. Those are meta slaves. They don’t even care what game to play, which ever provides the feeling they won over someone.

You obviously don’t understand.

Playing with your toys has nothing to do with “skills” or the lack of them.

But it’s ok, you don’t need to understand for everyone else to have fun.

1 Like

I was talking of people that play ugly meta sh#t just for the purpose of maxing wins and grind, and you keep sticking your

line where it doesn’t fit. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I still enjoy the game 3 years later even after some of my fused weps got nerfed. I know this as i dont play other games and dont really have a desire to.

When i wake up i find the ability and goal of playing xo that day a thing that i know will bring me joy and keeps me motivated like a reward at some point that i can access.

If i get bored i can play less but i have built like 5-6 main builds that i switch through in most sessions just to keep things interesting and slightly different in play style depending on what i want to go with.

Ive been able to flow with the changes in xo by not just playing one build but many builds i like and i constantly tweak these builds when needed.

It will probably take a super massive update change or a much better game to make me leave as i enjoy this game in pvp a whole bunch.

Im happy in xo and i really love the ability to craft…ride…and destroy!

3 Likes

No, of all the build niches they could have nerfed/killed they eradicated dual augers and omnis. Omnis are a novelty, I did not see people sticking with them shredding hovers/gerridas. Then they nerfed my Astraeus’s twice. First was a 20% velocity nerf, then a 45% damage nerf when shooting through layered armor/movement parts due to 55% pen. I make nothing up when I say 45% nerf, thats the damage they lose shooting through anything like bumpers, armor, or movement parts.
The stuff I played that was super fun to master and play is no longer competitive, and all that remains is camera steering omamori hitscan or dogs.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Omnis might be niche, but in Confrontation, I think they are the best. My Harpy GE 4 Omni Cyclone build is extremely fast and extremely nimble.

1 Like