Avalanche

I didn’t, tho? You must be mistaking me for someone else.
Either way, I must go. I got Hungary, a nice plate of Greecy, tasty Turkey would be wonderful.

2 Likes

Good on ya bro.

The thing has welding points on all 6 faces, get creative and stop throwing out arbitrary numbers of other, less armorable weapons. I use the one of, if not the only, unarmorable gun out of every weapon in the game: The Punisher (as in nothing be placed in front of it, without completely fucking its firing angle. ofc you can bury it in a hover or spider and say you armored it. That’s just boxing something in to make a limited fire angle weapon out of it. Big difference). So I feel no pity for this thing being weak. Also, reloading gives an averter’s perk(which should realistically be 80-90% of the time for someone keeping the gun at the ready), so add another 30% durability onto it. You could easily hide this thing and surround it with thousands of durability without ever affecting its firing angles. The thing’s durability is not its problem.

I think people just want this thing to be competitive, and with the meta now, it’s just not gonna be in high PS, unless it absolutely murders top PS/CW builds in one hit. As it stands now? It’ll have some glorious moments, but I doubt it’ll ever be called meta. I’m not scared of getting hit by that thing. Maybe more of its rounds coming downrange would change my mind.

Yeah it’s good fun but people will realise their meta cop paste’s are easier to use and just do that instead of trying something skillful, I mean look at all the builds with the gun currently, all i see are rectangles with the gun on the front and like 6 hermits lol, it sucks how a game with so much creativity attracts the least creative people who just want to feel good at a video game by meta chasing

2 Likes

This thing is PITA at around 6k PS because it can one-hit remove half of a lighter build. The huge explosion radius just pops any barrels/gens on fast builds. But I am ok with it as its a non-rotating weapon, if I am hit with it it was my mistake for slowing down or a skillshot. I think it will become a fun-build meta at 5-7k PS range

It’s 4800 PS. I don’t think you’ll ever see one at 6k unless it’s on a huntsman cabin on cinder blocks. With it needing 12 energy, the lowest you could go without using structure pieces would be ~7k. I’m aiming for 9k myself. I think it will shine there, but still be subject to dogs and shotgun wedges wrecking it regularly.

I regularly see these things at 10K, usually something like @68275709, fast, tracked, and equipped with a chameleon MK II. Degunning never seems to be their issue, in fact, every time they are degunned, they would be fucked anyway. The weapon has massive damage/shot potential, but its DPS is abysmal (just like every other cannon), and it’s completely unable to deal with a swarm of enemies and a close combat brawl.

Basically, the way I see it, if they get a team that can hold the line, and the match turns into a slugging match, they shine. They can also ambush isolated players very well, but if the enemy team moves as one and rushes, they are screwed. Again, very similar to all other cannons, except that would-be sturmtigers get focused even harder, because everyone wants to take them out of the game ASAP.

They also seem to be very dependent on situational awareness to make their shots count, and avoid retaliation. The presence of a Doppler, or the lack of thereof in their team can make or break the game for Avalanche users.

1 Like

If given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of the game. This game will also punish players that don’t follow the meta.
It is sad though. This game has so many possibilities, and almost infinite freedom. But people don’t utilize it due to the game’s unforgiving nature and poor game balance.

BTW: Before anyone says it… I understand that this game will never be perfectly balanced, I think it could be a lot better though.

Avalanche, Growl, BigG, = 5700 so add couple of white wheels (+160= 5860 PS) and you still have some PS for little bit of armor. Somebody is doing is, dont recall username, but my 5,7k PS got hit multiple times by this thing in consecutive games. It removes gen+fuel tank and half of the light frames with 1 hit.

1 Like

surely you get 1 shot before youre de-wheeled lol that sounds horrible, even as a low hp player myself

1 Like

I will test it myself in some weeks, we can compare our findings then if you have SP.

White wheels :skull:

1 Like

I think it is cool, it has ballistics and all, low velocity shells, from what i’ve seen it can do huge damage, but at the same time it can be very lacklustre.
I don’t remember seeing any come off, but yeah, the way this gun was implemented, leaves this weapon very dependant of the team…and i know teamwork, right? Doesn’t work many times, and when it works it’s more a fluke than anything else.
IMO that doesn’t weight much, perhaps a little less damage with a perk that would do that kind of damage in X shells fired or something .
Even IRL and looking into history we can see tanks without defensive weapons like MGs were or could be easy prey for infantry, so less energy consumption to mount a MG or two . Because this can be a teamwork game but none of us do teamwork every time.
But i like this gun, in the past was very destructible, and very short range. ROF perhaps would be better with a flywheel and an ECHO or HADRON.

It’s in my bucket list.

1 Like

Right, and i even use blue ones haha

There is no infantry in XO, but there are drones - any canon build and especially such as avalnche are really at disadvantage vs drones. Try to shoot down a yaougai using avalanche.

2 Likes

Actual ground based military drones do exist, and well… they are basically armored infantry…

Drones nowdays in crossout are complete garbage anyways and people still want them to be nerfed more, drones really need a complete rework at this point…

1 Like

As every Low ROF weapon out there.
From what’ve seen so far.
Close quarters with avalanche might not be it’s strong suite, because ROF.
Long range might be difficult too, because low velocity shells and ballistics, we have to shoot to where the build is gonna be , not where is at.
Range, speed and shell traveling time and to keep it simple
e.g. if a ship is at 15 km traveling at 30 knots and the shell traveling time is around 840 m/s, you have to aim the equivalent to that ship length or t a ship and half further than where is at to be able to hit it.
Due to higher speed and higher unpredictability that Crossout builds have that’s way more harder to achieve.
My cent .
If one can mount a skinner high in the build to act like a crane , (like many builds that already exist) to pick up a target and shoot point blank range and or a interceptor.

I think the fused one is okay. I also believe its strengths don’t outweight the massive cons. You’re basically defenseless against kaps, drones and all that shit. You’re defenseless if the opponent pushes you after a shot that didn’t cripple. The gun is slow af to traverse.

I like the “tanky and big boom” aspect, but I think if it’s going to suck at everything else, it should probably be a tiny bit more tanky and big boom-esque. Especially if that’s my opinion of the perfectly fused one.

1 Like

Fuel farming boys gonna have hard times I guess. Me with my tough piercer builds - one shot of avalanche never does much damage, and the one shooting almost never lives to fire second one.

Tell me about it… I also have ammo boxes on the build. And 10K PS where I play is now full of Sturmtiger-wannabees and even hovers that use the weapon.