Bots seem better than 80% of the playerbase and it's kinda pathetic

Yeah i normally deal with the big tanky bots with fafnir’s or the higher end version of the shotgun. It rips off them cannons quick.

1 Like

I agree
Let me know something simple dev’s, PVP means “Player versus Player” which means “no bots”, so why do we have to fight against computer whereas the “Player versus Environnement” is available, it’s a non sense?

Most of game i played in helico, i’m aimboted by a creepy bot from the end of the map with one bullet that destroy most of best part of the helico.

When the map start, i shoot a bot with a salve of cricket, i’m pretty sure to have 2 or 3 bots that will take me for target with an incredible aimbot, so what is the fun on this ?

We already have cancer players that camp the end of the map with starfall, hurricane or other cheated weapons hitting their unique button maybe coupled with a gamepad and assist push to the maximum…

It’s maybe time to retail the helico mode and the PVP to give us a real PVP with no bots and vegetables players ?

I don’t consider myself particularly skilled. Probably average at best, although I have been playing long enough to be better than new players.

I don’t really find bots hard to deal with. Yes, the long range bots will target you across the map, and they are good at predicting where you will be if you are driving in a straight line.
But one of the first things I learned when playing Crossout is that if I can see a red dot on the other side of the map, they can also see me. So I try to stick to cover until I’m in position, and try not to drive in a straight line if I’m out in the open.
Occasionally a bot still gets me, but I fear players much more.

I only started playing Patrol this year, and it’s the mode where I get the most MVPs by far. I guess I’m only good against bots? Maybe it’s from growing up playing games before online PVP?

or maybe the patrol demographic is, lets say special. one eyed king among the blind and such and so forth.

1 Like

Eh.
If bots are carrying the other team, doesn’t that mean you lost to their garbage AI? Not sure how to take that admission.

Only bots that are OP are ignored Retcher bots. Just my opinion.

you know, youre not wrong here at all! i too find the boxes argument contradictory.

its all “master league gaming clips” straight to “a bot sniped me on spawn and it makes me sad”.

its “im the king of 9k ps on all the mobile devices” to “i dont do cw, its too try hard for me”.

anyways, i disliked the bots too in crossout because theyre nothing but a lazy chore.

lazy because of the rus level programming of their behaviour and a chore because you have to take them into account and play accordingly. dealing with the bots always felt like nothing but a chore because their behaviour is stupid due to the lazy programming.

patrol demographic must be a big % of people doing challenges

i couldn’t agree with the title of this thread more…
bots are abysmally retarded and if players get constantly rekt by them it only means those players are even more so…
money does NOT equal skill, so instead of bitching … learn to play better…
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

…or at least, stop being annoying

1 Like

Emoji spam speaks for itself

Years ago in a galaxy far away people were asking for better bots.

Some others, smarter and farsighted, were telling them it was a bad idea and bots should be left dump and ineffective as they mostly were at the time.

They got their better bots, and have probably already stopped the game.

The rest, lived misserably ever after.

The end.

3 Likes

Seems suicidal for business.
They have to release nice things, there are plenty of weapons that just i don’t click

For my personal experience the bot issue is sepparated into 3 factors:
Both of these were almost non-issue before due to how crappy bots were, but no more.

1. Random aimbot shots.

Before some bots could shoot, some could not, many of them got stuck, in general you could move around and watch mostly for players with human reactions, you could mostly ignore bots. Not any more.

You may pass unstealthed from a gap with 100km and a bot that wasnt watching you, insta turn from 100m and take a good shot at you.

1. Clearing the bots.

It had always been a priority for me to innitialy clear the bots in randoms.
Even when they were crap you could have an occasional good one that could actually shoot, spawn for the enemy and you did not want that sniping you while fighting.
In most matches, people are brainless so they immediately go for the enemy which leaves few to bother with bots.
When that happened you could fast kill the most dangerous bots and go for the players, usually there was 1 maybe 2 bots that needed to die. Before 2020 or so, you could completely ignore the bots.
Now its all of them, you cant ignore any, which pretty much settles the match once you see the 1-2 idiots go for the enemy alone.

1. Bot decision making.

Bots usually either go for the enemy, or base. There are sometimes though that they play some sort of defence so most of them stay behind.
As the bots became progressively better, their decision to attack or defend became more and more a deciding factor on matches.
Now your team needs to be pretty damn decent and the enemy pretty mediocre to pull a victory in a match your bots pushed while theirs defended.

All of these contribute to humans feeling progressively less important in defining the outcome of a match, which is the essence of PVP.

I will always be blaming the idiotic community of this game for pushing the company to make bots better, but it is true that many advocated for no bots while very few of us said leave them as they are or make them worse.

But ultimately, it is TARGEM-GAIJIN fault for not recognizing what it would mean for their pvp to have actually good bots, especially when players could, even if they were few.

If im going to be mad at someone in a pvp game i want it to be a human, not AI.

Did i not know that bots are better teammates than 80% of the population? Of i did, it doesnt matter, if i wanted to play against AI i would be joining raids.

This is my final take on the matter.

I would say bots fall in to two categories.
Those with reasonable acquisition times and those that are just there for easy kills.

All bots seem to have perfect aim. The question is how long until they start shooting and how long between shots.

I had a match the other day, where I was flying a helo. A bot locked on to me and shot at me the entire match.

I have also seem matches where the bot just drove back and forth while being eaten by a player, never once firing back.

The melee bots seem useless though.

Unpopular opinion ahead:

Players use every legal cheat and exploit in the book when playing, so I have less contempt for the bots (who aren’t nearly as scary as people make them out to be) on account of this. I think it’s plenty fair for bots to be as ominous as they are, as I believe exploitation and over-kill is the reason for why and when this killer-bot phenomenon becomes dramatic and pronounced. It only seems to happen when you’re on a roll.

Besides, killer bots targeting you from across the field the second you drop into a match is hardly the only synthetic system in play wonking out the game balance in PVP for or against you, once you start farming the hell out of this game and gorging yourself on resources, but people like to call you a conspiracy theorist (as if that’s not a semi-literate, sleeper, parrot-phrase) and drop a rather large load of BS on you for mentioning it if you do…so, let me just say then, that this idea that bots are somehow more effective than they used to be, is maybe all in your head. Get gud, nerds? :nerd_face:

And, welcome to the tin-foil hat club, where we all have this crazy belief that some kind of devious robot hive mind conspiracy is out to get us, making life, death, and murder, in the wasteland so very unfair.

…but seriously, they should dress all the bots as ravagers…because it’s true, and it can be annoying sometimes; there is a secret robot hive mind conspiracy at work against you (or for you?), and not just on the field in the form of juiced-up bots. There are reasons for it being this way, and I don’t think all of them are sinister.

Solutions:

• Rotate your builds when playing PVP.

• Mind your gluttony (this one is the reason for killer bots, IMO), let somebody else “win” one in a while.

• Play like a team.

#BotLivesMatter

2 Likes

i’m not rotating crap for a bot…no point…
let the randoms get the arrgo,stay behind until then,don’t engage until your randoms do.

um no, it’s in my face,you cant get away fast enough from 1 bot let alone 2 or 3 shooting you at the same time for no reason. :rofl:
their DPS,HP and Armour are way to high,i said this somewhere before…< scratches head :thinking:

There was a point, but you missed it. Hint: It’s not about the bots.

Nope. Doesn’t happen. It’s all in your head…or prove it then, “conspiracy theorist.” Got stats with that conjecture?

PS: I’m totally gas lighting, for the dimly lit.

Bots definitely got smarter, and that is not a conspiracy theory.
But I think mostly that was about not getting stuck running into walls and being able to more easily switch to better targets. Their aim was always perfect.
But all anyone has to do is play a lot of patrol to disprove the idea that they are unbeatable or somehow better than players. I think bots probably win less than 1% of patrol matches, and the more humans are on your team the more likely that the bots will get stomped.
I regularly play my dumbest art builds in Patrol to clear daily challenges, and it is not challenging in the least.

Edit: I like the ravager bot idea! I’ve always tried to pretend that they’re just cars we’ve set up with some basic AI borrowed from old Teslas to pad out our teams, due to the shortage of live humans in the apocalypse.

1 Like

Me too. Same experience, I’d say. That’s what makes me figure the bot hit squad is inspired by over eaters running a glut. Because the only time I see that behavior is when I’m seriously shredding kids.

If you can prove that, it’d be interesting. Like smarter than what? This is the same situation with proclaiming the matchmaker is skewed; there are no numbers, and I’m not sure there’s even any kind of announcement stating as much.

You can ignore that last comment, as like I said, I’m gas lighting with that rhetoric, but I am making a point…not that it’s relevant to the price of tea in China. I probably agree near completely with what you said.

but they do win! why?
because players spread them out and let them chase them for no reason( um…they are trying not to get shot by them)
if u keep them in all in 1 place u win…(bots will chew you up in 2 hits)

bots shouldn’t take away players patches… that’s all i gotta say :wink:

We know the bots got smarter because there have been a few updates that mentioned improved AI for bots.
Or at least I’m pretty sure I saw that. I can’t trust my memory anymore.

In my experience, it’s either when there’s only two humans on the human team, so it’s mostly just bot vs bot. Law of probabilities says they’ll win sometimes in that situation.
The other thing I see a lot is that all the humans are hanging back trying to snipe from a safe distance, and don’t realize that the bots are capping.

When I die in Patrol, it’s almost always that last scenario. I’ll charge in, assuming I have teammates with me, then suddenly find myself surrounded by bots while my entire team watches me through their scopes from the outskirts.

1 Like