Connection issues

Oh my god.

I can’t believe this. Skula, what am I looking at?

This clearly says one thing:

And I can watch the traffic, and they uhh, don’t use those ports?

What is going on?

Seems to me that it would be logical if XO’s network test function used the same ports as the game does for more accurate results. The ports are ALL OVER THE PLACE though and they don’t match your advertised ports on your website. If you can clean up your ports and make it clearer maybe people can go about making accurate firewall rules.

1 Like

I know these are diff protocols but seriously, if your UDP is reporting 90% loss at a node and I can ping it with TCP and get 0% loss something is messed up. Meanwhile the server IP shows 0% UDP loss but wont accept TCP pings.

Your claim that XO uses an MTU of 1200 is wrong. Some of your servers are sending packets over 1200:

There really should be trace going on with the network test that is from server → client as well. Having only client → server doesn’t help us that much when I can already verify that the server is receiving my packets (since I can drive when I’m de-synchronized). My guess is that because y’alls ports are sloppy spaghetti plenty of ports coming from the server get refused because they look like attacks.

1 Like

Yes, count of assets is a key difference from other games. Every car part, every bullet must be synchronized: position, speed, torque, acceleration, health point.
And we can’t decrease count of assets.

Give us Ex Machina MMO! Assets number probably gonna increase instead.

There are other ways to alleviate the issue. Your refusal to acknowledge this is disparaging. It is a hindrance to the entire Crossout community.

You still haven’t answered my question on why your port list doesn’t match what actually goes on.

1 Like

It would be more helpful if you just listed these ways to alleviate the issue as a game company will more than not likely list how they do stuff via restrictions on discussing internal IP (intellectual property rights) How would you address the bottle neck in the data flow?

I can only do with the info that I have.

I know their ports are a mess. I know my data reaches the servers just fine. I know their network test only tests one side of the route (and since I know my data reaches the server, this makes the network test rather useless).

Given that I get soft-locked in the loading screen, or I rubberband in spawn eternally, I can deduce that the server sends me the wrong information. Every time the de-synch occurs, the received bandwidth increases by quite a bit, sometimes up to 5x what it typically is. The upstream sees no noticeable change.

How do they fix this? I can only guess how their stuff resolves the gamestate between client and host. I am not privy to that information.

Could they offload non-essential assets (paints, stickers, shell impact markers, etc)?
Could they increase server resources per match based on assets?
Could they relax parameters around the timing that the servers send packets?
Could they add redundant measures for hashes/checksums?
Could they force the player past the loading screen if the clock passes a certain time?
Maybe they could match their port forwarding list to the ports actually used
Could they make sure their servers have the right firewall rules to make sure client traffic doesn’t get rejected? Looking at you, wheel88.
Could Skula run a trace from different servers to a player like me who has difficulty receiving the right packets at the right time to get a better and clearer idea of what the actual problem is instead of saying “it’s you internet” over and over?

I literally don’t have enough information to solve this for them for free.

It adds insult to injury when Skula constantly dismisses that anything could be done on Targem’s end. Especially when I’ve seen them do things to fix this issue in the past. Remember when destructible objects were added? This issue exploded. The forums were blowing up about it. They fixed it in a weeks time!

I have literally offered to add Skula on discord so we can work together on this issue in real time. If anyone is the problem here, it is not me.

1 Like

Skula’s just trying to do his job though and he speaks multiple languages sometimes that plays into how things are said. Often even streaming traffic going on at the same time in a house while people are playing can have a huge impact even with a high tier plan from an ISP. Can you confirm what’s going on in your network as a whole when the problem events happen. Also are you hardwired or are you using wireless? What can we confirm on your side to rule out it’s not playing into the issue? I’ve noticed a few tvs streaming have a noticeable effect on the lag I encounter in the game.

As far as the issue with destructible it was an identifiable issue that could be fixed that’s why it got fixed fast. Network and internet issues between multiple servers is a lot harder to track down.

Which ports are wrongly listed? This is something if pointed out clearly can be resolved fairly fast.

@1914000 Is there a way to check from the servers to delraith’s IP? Ruling out the other side of the issue as pointed out below? Can that wheel88 issue be checked too?

Understandable out of the information that you have how could we best fill out a report on the new issue tracker to check for how many other users might be effected by the same issue? If a lot of people are having the same issue it will get elevated as a priority.

Can we work out some of the terms your using to make sure they are translatable “softlocked, rubberband in spawn” (just a few that I’d point out)?

@1914000 Can you help us any on making this more trackable as an issue when reported? Are there things that you would like to see included?

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/crossout

No

We don’t make sense in it. We decided thet our in-game test connection give important informaton about connection.

Is that no for both the checking and the wheel88 issue? I have to just confirm.

Second issue: Can you share with us any of this data so we can see if it has any impact or similarities with the problems that are being encountered. I’m sure you understand that people really want good connections too. It’s really helpful to the general community that supports your game.

Wheel 88 disconnecting SEVEN PLAYERS:

Blockquote We don’t make sense in it. We decided thet our in-game test connection give important informaton about connection.

I’ve told you multiple times that the server gets enough packets from me that I can drive in the game.
I don’t get the correct packets from the server to show me what I am doing in the game.

If you didn’t do any edits in the vid that would be really bad. Are people winning like this in the CW platform as a total?

1 Like

@1914000 This isn’t good how are they winning in CW without shooting a shot at all?

I can’t answer without logs

I kind of figured that. :slight_smile:

@66292995 Do you have logs from that video recording from the game?

I have same packet loss issue. How do i fix this or i have to uninstall this game? i disconnect every 30 minutes, then spend 10 minutes trying to log in.

Bug report posted Gaijin.net // Issues

You give them hell man. I’m with you on this. I too have suffered like that for years. Game’s connection and admin’s cluelessness. If there’s any way i can help you win this, do let me know.

1 Like

You ever thought to have your servers keep logs on the server side? Clearly there would be a clue there when Wheels 85-88 explode and disconnect 90% of the players. There are so many better ways to troubleshoot so many of these issues. The amount of player contribution you rely on is absurd. There are also logs in this very thread that do in fact contain said game where wheel88 disconnected 7 players. If you didn’t notice a damn thing in any of the logs about it then I do not know what to tell you.

I am incredibly curious as to what your actual job is.
It seems like your sole purpose is to stall and deflect complaints.

2 Likes

Sorry to jump in.

In my experience the same network provider on the same line would have a different network speed. No joke, it has everything to do with the modem. The same can be said with a better speed package from the same network provider. eg. my bother in law paid for a faster network from the same provider, but they have not updated their modem. When I went to his home and play game(WOT), no one else was able to use the internet. The WIFI internet I am using currently is great after installing a new modern last year. The old one keep cutting off and I almost have to reset it daily.

Are you using the same hardware for different network providers?
Why so hard for players to send the same game log with the report??

Completely different ISPs and hardware and the issue that is largely the same still persists.

Skula says it’s a node on the path dropping packets, the tests aree basically bogus at telling us which node it is precisely (the test says I have 10% UDP loss between my PC and my router, lmao) so there’s little to be done in addressing it by talking to ISPs/upstream providers.

I am 99% certain that if XO made their ports more consistent and rules around packet timeout/DDOS protection that something could be done to alleviate the problem. The fact that using a VPN can sometimes help is an indicator that either a node has bad firewall rules/UDP loss and making the UDP ports that XO uses more consistent it should help.

Skula refuses to acknowledge the state of their port mapping or MTU usage, I have proof that neither match advertised.

Yet I will be told over and over: “it’s you internet”

Meanwhile many of the servers explode on the regular disconnecting entire game sessions. The only common denominator is UDP packet loss. Again I ask: why not take steps for redundancy or relax parameters for refusing UDP connections since the issue is clearly UDP based? All I get in response is that it is my internet or that nothing can be done.

This is why I am incredibly curious about Skula’s job. He has wasted so much of my time when I could be helping him fix this issue and not demanding a single penny for my service. It’s mind-boggling and somewhat infuriating.

4 Likes