Crossout=pay and win

I’m trying to patient with you, but you’re really not grasping what we’re trying to explain to you.

Your theoretical equivalent whirlwind/stillwind builds would be unlikely to face each other in PVP, because of the PS difference. So it doesn’t matter that the stillwind build is better, because they won’t be battling each other.
So the important comparison is how do they compare when you equalize the PS. How much does the stillwind player have to sacrifice to get into the same battle with the whirlwind player.

(Remember that this only applies to PVP. No balancing in CW, nor in raids)

As far as teammates blocking you from getting any resources in raids, this just isn’t possible. You’re going to get some. They might get more, but it’s not a big enough difference to worry about.

Edit: can someone else check if Stillwinds actually do double the DPS of whirlwinds? Pretty sure that number is way off, unless they’re talking about damage per shot, which isn’t a good way to measure DPS.

1 Like

i always get number 1 or 2 in raids with my 7k,in a raid with 12k+ builds …retchers ect…don’t matter…
as long as i get in and put in the work,i usually show them up… :crazy_face:

wait: what do raids have to do with this cancer topic that we seen for years now? :rofl:

1 Like

Accusing Poony4u of villainy is absurd. I’m sure most of the regulars would agree, he’s an unusual target for anybody’s wrath. I don’t always see things the way he does (often though), but going off on that particular forum member is ridiculous. Relax. If Poony4u can set you off, you are way too wound up, which is the general impression you’ve given since you landed here. Chill some. Take a deep breath, remember we all have varied opinions, and try again. This time lets try to use our inside voice.

5 Likes

it means your YELLING, if you want people to “pay attention”
then underline it or (these) help or a different color font…
but caps,for some reason took on a meaning all its own(yelling). i don’t know why but it can’t be changed… :thinking:

3 Likes

Poony is a secret twist villain :rofl:

That’s not the real reason why the game has little to no success.

3 Likes

Trump-02

3 Likes

I think it’s because they wreck their own agenda too often. They seem to know how to manufacture an outstanding video game. I think it’s amazing, but what is it? I mean, the game mechanics are always getting thrown into the air and sometimes only partially reassembled, and it’s hard to keep up with. Even the menues are messed up right now. I presume they’ll “Recieve” a patch for some of that in the near future, but still, it’s not the only loose nut on this boat.

I’m having fun right now, but I also realize that could change at the drop of a beer cap. I’m terrified of what they might do next. When it’s good, it’s great, but OMG.

2 Likes

You have to remember that I’ve been where you’re at right now, but years ago when the game was even more unbalanced and grindy. I’m just trying to save you from my mistakes.
I remember when I got past level 30 engineers and started to make bigger builds, suddenly I started getting blown apart by advanced weapons that I couldn’t afford. So I saved my coins, and bought some big guns.
The problem is, now I was facing teams where everyone had big guns, but also had way more durability and better modules. Suddenly I was getting slaughtered even worse than before.
It took a while for me to figure out that I was inflating my PS beyond what my build was really capable of. Not just parts, but also building techniques.
Eventually I went back to my rare items and put together a quick car for fun. Surprisingly, I was now doing much better, even though my gear was much weaker. My skills had improved from getting destroyed by experienced players, and I was also operating at a PS range where my build was actually optimized.
And then I realized: you get the same rewards in PVP no matter what PS you’re at. That means you can play low PS until you have a full version of a mid PS build without losing any resources.
Make some builds that are just high enough to qualify for batteries, and spend some serious time fine tuning them and playing them. It’s really your best strategy until you have everything you need to pull off an 8kPS build.

2 Likes

What exactly is their agenda? So far it can be described as “Ride. Craft. Destroy”. De jure you can do all of these things. De facto the action is highly limited. Only “destroy” is aplenty and that got old about the time Quake got out.

People want more of content, more of everything. This game doesn’t even have bare minimum to engage casual player. It’s very narrow-targeted, for a specific group of addicts. Not many people will be ready to spend all their time in time-consuming PvP, especially with that huge pile of grind they need even if they want a small fraction if parts.

Thus, PvP-oriented drugs like DotA/CS/Fortnite/insert videogame name already have their big audience. XO does not.

There’s bold, italics, and underline for adding types of emphisis to text… Caps are equated to yelling in text all the time.

3 Likes

Earning a paycheck. I think that’s where they run into the most trouble; in trying to monetize this game. I think it’s there that they are awkward the most often.

I sure don’t, I think it’s over saturated with redundancies, and over complicated, but you’re right, that is a very common request. Almost as common as nerfing hovers, but I think it runs a close second. So, they make more stuff, and find awkward ways to sell it. I think they could find a way to charm the public into enjoying spending their money here more.

Crosscrowns, for example, is going the wrong direction, and that decor page in the store could turn a lot more capitol if they made it more convenient, and less over-priced. Those goods don’t need to be manufactured (copy paste), and portraits are way too easy to make to charge those prices. It’s just silly. The packs too. Generally they are way too expensive, and the variety isn’t very impressive.

What I’m trying to say is that I can’t question their technical ability as game developers. I think they are very good at it, but they are very strange salesmen.

1 Like

It’s a common problem for free-to-use online products. The monetization part is always the hardest part, because most options are at least somewhat annoying for users, but the business also depends on keeping as many users as possible.
Even many of the biggest tech companies in the world aren’t actually profitable, and only exist because of investor money hoping they’ll make a profit someday.

It’s not a question about their physical ability and knowledge of making videogames. It’s about quality and general purpose of their videogames (specifically, XO).

And by “content” I mean to completely re-haul game to different genre.

1 Like

The game really needs a casual, player interaction-oriented gameplay, just bedlam is not enough, the game needs to make improvements based on the garage building, in the multiplayer map to allow players to freely build buildings

1 Like
  • video-0

Become a sea captain of a post-apocalyptic Earth completely covered in water and go on an adventure in a huge open world. Sail through storms, fight and trade, capture other people’s boats or build your own, extract resources from the bottom of the ocean, reveal the secrets of the Age of Water world, etc.

Is that still a side project for Targem? I haven’t heard much about it in a while.

1 Like

developer: Three Whales Studio

but it does look better than XO.

1 Like

Oh, right. It’s Gaijiin that is the commonality, not Targem. I was thinking maybe Targem was having trouble doing both things, but they aren’t the ones developing it. I presume Gaijiin is just some kind of distributor, or bankrolls these games.

I was thinking about what I said earlier, like they are good at games and bad at capitolism, but the current brawl is sort of an example of a strong fail at fun. They do things like that periodically that make me wonder if they understand fun. I can’t really point to how it’s an attempt at monetization either. It just looks like failure to see how that scoring system is a major buzz-kill.

Well… that’s a little secret but they don’t.

Developers — Targem — are thinking that gamer should be unhappy here. Or irritated, I dunno. They think if players are contempt with at least some things in a game, players will stop playing because “they will be bored”.

That was revealed on one of their streams.

1 Like

I had an hour to play this evening, and it was shotgun day, so I thought I’d play some low PS since there’s usually more people online early evening.
I was running an art build, nothing higher than special items, everything accessible for free. Had a great time, earned the same amount of resources than if I’d done it in mid PS with thunderbolts.

2 Likes

This game subconsciously pressures new players to pay. It’s a very poorly balanced game. Shall we take you ps 5600 and meet the dude with Athena? Ugh this game

1 Like