Fused VS Un-Fused

Spike Bumper, Frontal Protection System, Buggy Bumper, Bullbar, Blades, Incisor, Pipetooth, Nibbler, Stranglehold, Thorns…

I like aggressor, but you really need to use Bigfoots with it to take full advantage of the perk, and I’m bored of them.
I’ve used Jannabi on a lot of drone builds, because it’s a great excuse to drive like a maniac. Before it existed, I would use Griffon and try to do a lot of flanking and dropping turrets behind enemy lines.
Beholder is also a good option.

As far as passive melee, it lists their damage, and there’s a lot of smaller parts that do max damage. I like using them in a way that looks more like decor, and that doesn’t weigh me down like plows.

I don’t like any of the drones that follow your vehicle. So basically the only drones I’ve enjoyed playing are turrets, fuses, Yaoguai, and Vultures. Drop and run, smash if I get in trouble. Be small and fast.

1 Like

Too damn fragile, the all lot, very low durability.
It must withstand cannon shots.

I will check incisors, flails look promisor.

Those flames burst are not there only for show, each time a flame burst come out it marks a perk increase, the perk stacks up 3 times, after that there’s no more flames burst until the perk goes down below 3.
and i doubt it very much that the flames will break your concealment to the adversary. Most probably they are only visible for you.
It’s a easy way to keep track of the perk.

IMO, every time a build has a cheetah, BFs should be used, they synergise with each other (combat context) perfectly.

2 Likes

I seem to remember it dropping out of level 3 quite fast with minimal turning involved. Kinda like how quick the Howl loses its perk if you aren’t glued to the enemy. Its been a while though so i can’t remember exactly but i wasnt impressed with it and the drones at the time i tried it.

1 Like

it all started with scanners…

You should start with modules.
Also you should probably include the use of stabilizers in every one featuring upgrades. Because newbies may not realize they exist or what they are for.

the perk drops very fast, in the next update the Aggressor will receive a buff.

• 100 kg tonnage
  • 100 kg mass limit
    the perk will take 1 sec instead of 0.5 second to drop

Let’s see, how will it fair.

1 Like

They have Melee Resistance, so when you ram someone, they get a reduction to the damage taken while giving bonus damage based on 5-10 bars. The very durable bumpers are lucky to have 1.5 bars.
Many have Bullet Pass Through, but they pass that damage through to your frames, that have pass through as well.

No reason to have your ramming bumpers tank cannon shots. They are there for ramming.
You can mount a Gessan or a Harate to the top of your frames or the front of your Cabin and still have the high bonus bumpers do the ramming. Why would a cannon user aim for your bumpers and not your wheels or weapons?

1 Like

What bumpers have pass through?

I don’t think that’s a thing.

Bumpers can make very effective armor if used correctly.

1 Like

Some do, unless I’m misreading the icon. Some of the founders pieces, if I recall correctly.

Hmmm…

I’ll have to look for sure.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Regarding the fragility of the melee pieces that do damage…

These are the pieces that max out melee damage according to the lil’ spec sheet (I should do a test on these).
I try to arrange them in layers so that longer ones hit the targets first. As they take damage & fall off, there’s at least one more layer behind it ready to continue doing damage.

z

I think I’ll do some tests to see if any do more damage than others… then if multiple hitting a target at once stacks damage.

I did the research… recorded a video… need to edit it… no surprise, the spec sheets for these are nonsense.

1 Like

Yeah, I never really noticed that 2 bumper do also have a little shot through.

Screener and shock absorber both have 25%

“Vial” is another one people sometime over look. The Vail is an odd piece like the elbow pieces.

I love learning new things :slight_smile: can’t remember it all.

1 Like

The blade wings and twin blade wings are good for this because you can put a bunch in a row that hit at one time. They are all the same size so they impact at the same time.

I have not tested it in years, but I know you can get a massive amount of damage in a single hit.

Over 1000 for several on a heavier build… I’ll have a video up before long.

Can you test on vehicles of different weight classes and at different speeds?
When Yokozuna came out, I did a bit of testing to see how much ramming damage I could get from a plow, by raising my mass and speed.

1 Like

That’ll have to be another video… This one is already processing.

I did notice a little difference when the mass was different, though. For example, just swapping out different bumpers of different masses changed the results. When I compensated for - say the Train Plow’s weight vs. the Hatchet’s weight, it did make a difference. It wasn’t huge, but it was there. Even then, we’re talking about a single part. If/when I have time, I’ll do significantly different vehicle weights. I’m sure that’ll be quite revealing.

Put the vid in its own thread…
Bumper Melee Stats are WRONG (video) - Discussion - Crossout

1 Like