Hovers out of control

Id love to see a supercharger module that reduces power consumption of movement oarts that costts one energy. Want to go faster? Use an energy point and viola. Speed would also increase the skill cap, its harder to hit fast moving targets. That would create a new balance and build possibilities.

3 Likes

Yea please

1 Like

I’ve seen this in the game. Its called “Colossus” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah. I play almost every movement part, Icarus VII, Icarus IV, Hermit, Bigram Omni, and I’m reaching for hovers most of the time. I use Icarus VII on Beholder with Cheetah for Destructors and Icarus IV on Nova with Hot Red for my Cyclones. These builds outshine all of my other vehicles for most purposes. The update will take an adjustment and rebuilding, but it would be nice to have other options.

1 Like

They’re nerfing them pretty severely - I think this Thursday. They previewed the nerf with the test server & announced today they’re nerfing them even further than they did with the test server.

Hovers

The effect of the vehicle’s mass and the amount of hovers on the vehicle’s acceleration has been increased.

2 Likes

My clan played in High Tin today. Every clan I saw was using Hovers. Almost all of the clans were using 3-4 hovers. If they weren’t so powerful, there wouldn’t be so many of them. They’re also the reason I stopped playing high PS.
They deserve a severe nerf.

2 Likes

I haven’t played this game since I got tired of super tanky MG hovers dominating the game.

Played 3 matches with the new Hyperborea patch at 12KPS.

Hovers dominated 2 of the 3 games.

I am out.

4 Likes

Hey Pehenry, I digged fighting you and your canon builds my friend. As a canon user myself it was an honor to play with you and against you.

Like you I experienced challenges with hovers at higher PS. So I just went down below 9k and the problem was mostly solved.

Sorry to see you go mang!

3 Likes

Its the same in silver 90% hovers. I like how they said they would nerf em bk before they made blue go 95, and since then they only gotten stronger.

So how many of you are actually never hovers? As they are the same movement as any other omni part?

I’m sorry, could you repeat the question? I’m not sure about what you’re asking.

1 Like

common dude, you dont have to rub it in like that. made me laugh though, ngl.

im going to give it a go: how many of you are anti hovers/never play hovers? hovers move just like the other strafing movement parts.

maybe.

1 Like

i am,and no i don’t…
hovers don’t belong here…they belong in another game,not in a game with wheels and tracks,it’s just to syfi…
i don’t mind tryin to shoot them down,but it gets to ridiculous most of the time… :crazy_face:

No beer for you! But you can have all the mud you want! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I love to play hovers. I’m not going to lie, before this last patch I felt like the game was super fun with fast hovers, BUT I also know it was at the expense of everyone else not having fun.

For me personally I use the best movement parts for the job I need to do.

But with that said, I pretty much only use 3 movement parts: (for the most part)

1. Hovers
  2. Bigrams
  3. Hermits

I do own complete (fused) sets of almost ever epic movement part in the game. But those are the three I really use.

hovers are fine , its these mile wide spaced armor builds that strafe in and out of their team mates way , like thanks for making me waste my kaiju charge by blocking my shot last second

I play hovers sometimes, but only started playing them over the last year. Don’t hate them, but I generally have more fun playing ground builds.
I’m glad they “fixed the bug”, as hovers were feeling a little too fast after 2.0 update. I had stopped playing them because they felt too easy, and because I felt I was seeing too many on the battlefield and wanted to make sure someone was repping ground builds.

That echoes my theory that many people who complain about parts probably don’t play those parts.

This is only because most people are not going to come to the forum and post something like below:

“Hey guy! Been having a ton of fun playing hover. It took me a few months to grind a set and I’ll have to say they are damn good. Maybe even to the point they are a little OP. Hmmmm… now that I think about it, they might be very OP… Please nerf hovers!.”

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.