This week we are launching the test server where everyone can try out new co-drivers in action. Let’s take a look at what companions will be available for the testing, get acquainted with their skills and talents, and also learn a little more about how we plan to rework the system with the release of the update.
Separately, we draw your attention to the fact that a test version of the new system is presented on the test server. Some skills and/or talents may be partially or completely reworked in the final version. The new system’s interface is also not final and will be additionally improved.
- Shot spread reduced by 10%.
- Weapon rotation speed increased by 10%.
- Self-destruct damage increased by 5%.
To activate the talent, you need to hit the enemy 30 times from a distance of 30 m. and more. The next shot (31st hit) automatically activates the talent.
Effect: increases the damage inflicted and received by all weapons by 25% for 8 sec. Losing a weapon while the talent is active will automatically cancel the effect.
- Generator explosion power decreased by 20%.
- Armoured car’s durability increased by 5%.
- Power penalty from movement parts decreased by 10%.
The talent charges after enemies hit your vehicle 3 times. At least 1 sec. must elapse between hits from one enemy. The charge goes down over time.
Effect: increases the armoured car’s resistance to all types of damage by 30% for 4 sec.
- Projectile speed increased by 5%.
- Spread reduced by 10%.
- The mass of an ammo pack reduced by 20%.
Talent activation: the player gains a charge for each hit on an enemy from long range, up to 4 charges. Accumulated charges are reset over time or if all shots in the salvo miss the target.
Effect: Each charge increases the damage of all weapons by 7%.
- The visibility range of your car’s silhouette in stealth is reduced by 10 m.
- Invisibility modules recharge 10% faster.
- The maximum cab speed is 5 km/h higher.
The talent charges if you stay close to an enemy for 1.5 sec. The talent charging process stops for 4 sec. if your car was damaged.
Effect: increases outgoing damage by 25% for 5 sec.
- The durability of movement parts increased by 10%.
- Armoured car’s tonnage increased by 500 кг.
- The vehicle is less affected by the slowdown effect from Tesla cannons.
To activate the talent, you must stay behind the enemy. If there are several opponents, then the talent is charged faster. The talent quickly disables if you drive away from enemies.
Effect: increases the damage of all weapons by 15%.
- Durability of drones increased by 10%.
- Drone activation speed increased by 20%.
- The delay before a drone attacks its first target reduced by 10%.
The talent is activated after being close to the summoned drones and turrets for 6 sec. The talent does not take into account being near quadcopter drones.
Effect: increases the damage dealt by drones and turrets by 20% for 4s. The range of the talent is very limited, so you need to stay as close to your drones and turrets as possible.
- Weapon spread while moving reduced by 15%.
- Radar active range increased by 10%.
- Armoured car’s power increased by 10%.
To activate the talent, you need to keep the enemy in your sights for 2 sec. Taking damage resets the effect of the talent.
Effect: highlights explosive modules on the enemy’s armoured vehicle and increases damage to it by 15%. The duration of the effect is 6 sec.
- The radius of fire puddles increased by 5%.
- Weapon ammo increased by 15%.
- Fire rate of rocket launchers that fire multiple rockets in one salvo increased by 10%.
The talent charges when dealing fire or blast damage to multiple enemies at the same time, as well as when at least 2 rockets from the same salvo hit the same enemy.
Effect: increases the blast radius of projectiles and the damage you deal.
With the release of the update, we plan not only to rework the co-drivers themselves, but to make changes to the time when they become available to the players.
As we’ve mentioned earlier, the updated co-drivers will have a stronger impact on the gameplay and the effectiveness of your armoured vehicles. Sometimes the right co-driver will determine your performance in battle. Such changes inevitably affect the in-game balance.
At this stage of learning, the new co-drivers system can greatly affect the balance in battles. Those players who are close to reaching max level and have unlocked one or more co-drivers may have too much advantage over those who are at earlier stages of the game and cannot unlock a co-driver yet.
In order to ensure equal conditions for everyone, we have made the decision to make the new co-drivers a high-level content. This means that new co-drivers will be available when you reach reputation level 30 with the “Engineers” and start fighting against the experienced players like you.
When you reach level 30, you will be provided with a starting amount of points, which will be enough to choose the co-driver that fits your style of playing. We will inform you later on how exactly you will be able to earn the glory points in the final version. Also, there will be a certain limit on the amount of glory points that can be stored on the account.
You will be given a compensation and it will be stored in your account. Compensated points can be used as soon as you reach reputation level 30 with the “Engineers”. If the received points exceed the established limit, they will be credited over the limit and will not disappear anywhere.
- Cabin type changed to “Medium”.
- PS reduced from 2400 to 2100.
- Max. cabin speed reduced from 95 to 75 km/h.
- Tonnage increased from 5000 to 5350 kg.
- Weight limit increased from 10000 to 14100 kg.
- Mass increased from 750 to 1150 kg.
- Now the cabin heats up to a maximum of 50% (instead of 100% before).
- Now, the automatic activation of the parts restoration occurs immediately after the cabin heats up to the maximum possible level. You can still turn off the cabin heating manually at any time.
Comment: the cabin’s form factor and perk didn’t fit its “light” type. Considering the not very high weight limit, the choice of weapons that could be mounted on the power nodes was severely limited. An increase in tonnage and weight limit along with changing the cabin’s type to “medium” will help correct the situation. And decreasing the maximum heating level will make using the cabin’s perk easier and safer.
- Target acquisition time reduced by 19%.
- The drone’s flight speed increased by 5%.
- Enemy detection range increased by 17%.
- Cooldown time reduced from 13 sec. to 12 sec.
- Explosion radius increased by 80%.
- Blast damage reduced by 53%.
- Periodic damage increased by 33%.
- The drone now deals periodic damage 5 times before it explodes.
Comment: these significant changes are implemented in order to rebalance the way the drone deals damage. It used to deal significant damage, but due to the small explosion radius, the enemy could only lose a couple of parts. Now the explosion radius has been significantly increased and it became necessary to reduce the drone’s blast damage in order to maintain balance.
If you have already participated in testing on a special server, then it will be enough to start the Launcher from the folder with the test client and wait for the update to complete.
- Create a new folder for the game on your hard drive.
- Download the Launcher from this link. The file name should not contain numbers indicating that the file is a duplicate. Please note that you should launch the file that does not contain any digits (1), (2), etc. in its name. If, when starting the installed launcher, you get to the live game servers, you need to delete all downloaded launchers from the download folder and try again.
- Start the Launcher and install the game to the folder you created (for example: D:\Public test\Crossout).
- After the installation is complete, start the Launcher and enter the game with your username and password.
- The whole progress of your main account will be transferred to the main server (including parts in storage and levels of reputation in factions).
- After logging into the server, to transfer progress from your account, press the “Esc” key and select “Copy account data”.
- Please note the schedule of the test server:
- Friday, June 24, 2022 from 14:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)
- Saturday, June 25**, 2022 from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)**
- Sunday, June 26**, 2022 from 13:00 to 19:00 (GMT time)**
- Any progress you make on the test server will not be transferred to the live game servers (INCLUDING ATTEMPTS TO BUY PACKS).
After testing the changes, we invite you to leave your constructive feedback on the planned rework HERE.
The public test server is intended only for testing of the upcoming update, and may not accommodate all players without exception. However, absolutely anyone can join the server, as long as there are free spots.