Show us your builds

Whipped this thing up in about 15 minutes. 15 matches later, 15 wins, 12 MVPs. Solo queing at 12k.

Speed kills.

3 Likes

Size. Fuel. Thrust. I prefer the blue boosters. Anything I put a purple boosters on ends up being to high PS to be efficient. Plus Blue is 2 wide instead of 3.

I prefer the little chameleon also. You can stealth 4 seconds earlier which means I can stealth up to avoid missiles etc way more during a battle. Those 4 seconds add up to alot more stealth in 5 minutes.

1 Like

getting around to trying all the random stuff i keep picking up , this time its emilys… i wonder why i dont see more emily on the battlefield

2 Likes

i think we can only craft them during the Raven Event and, this year, there was no Raven Event.

1 Like

i guess thats true , but they are still fairly cheap on market

I won one in an event or crafted it or whatever on one of my other accounts - I guess it was the Ravager thing… I wasn’t impressed enough to keep it, so haven’t bothered re-investing in them. This was all before I stopped selling things if I was bored with them.

I imagine other folks don’t have them for the same reason I don’t. If I don’t get killed by them, I don’t investigate getting them.

1 Like

Re-load mechanic. Most people do not like it.

My other guess is: Lots of people played them when new and the novelty has worn off.

3 Likes

This happens with a lot of weapons.

Sometimes people think certain weapons are the only good ones and because the grind in XO is soul crushing no one wants to take a chance to invest on something they don’t know is good.

2 Likes

My cheapskate tendencies sent me in the other direction: if something seems cheap, I’ll give it a try, even if everyone says it sucks.
I’ll spend a lot of time trying to get something to work, just for the joy of killing someone with the worst items in the game.

2 Likes

I’m glad you enjoy that, but for most people that is awful advise.

If your trying to be cheep it is better to buy something good that works.

This is true in real life and Crossout.

For example, I’m a knife guy, been carrying one all my life. I would rather one $120 knife then six $20 knives.

No mater how much I want to love the $20 knife, it’s not the same. I could work on it for hours and get the blade just right, but it’s only a false version of right because the steel will not hold the sharpness. Then with the more expensive knife you can shave with it out of the box and it hold a blade for a long time.

Now… I’m not saying you can’t get a bad knife that is expensive. But with a little research you can make a pretty damn good guess on where your money is better spent.

Food for thought.

Oh, but I get what he’s saying…

Which is more satisfying? Killing someone with something that anyone can kill someone with, or killing someone with the most bizarre & silly weapon in the game?

For some of us, the weirdo weapons most people hate are the most fun to use simply because it’s a bigger challenge… and a little funny. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

As a musician, I’ve bought and played a lot of cheap junk. Not having a lot of money for most of my life was obviously a big reason, especially at first, but I quickly discovered that I didn’t mind that I couldn’t get the big shiny radio sounds, because that’s not what I even enjoy listening to.
Making sounds that are different, dirty, and lo-fi is what appeals to me, and thankfully that can be pretty cheap.
Eventually I had enough money to get some of the more expensive items I used to covet, and it was fun to be able to approximate some of the classic tones I grew up loving, but ultimately that’s just not the kind of musician I am.

Anyway, I agree that you will waste a lot of time trying all the unloved items in the game if you’re looking for something secretly OP. But a lot of stuff isn’t nearly as bad as people say either.

1 Like

Got my RV! High tailed it out of that New Mexico sandpit fast as I could. Ducked into a garage and repainted it so’s no one can recognize it. Inspired by that moment you go to pick something up and accidentally squeeze one out. I call it “Quite Surprised”

2 Likes

Corvos are secretly OP. Absolutely nasty as high as 10K PS. Add Falcon in, and you can pop people faster than they can realize theyre even being shot. And that was before Thor came out.

2 Likes

Yeah, I need to get some again. I enjoyed them a lot, but the price surged a while ago and I got greedy.

I can’t remember - do reload boosters work with them?

Agreed. My grandpa was a cheap man, but he always said something along this line:
Never buy cheap toilet paper or cheap shoes. (unless your kids are at that age, parents understand)
One you buy to make sure you aren’t using your fingers, no point in buying something that is subpar at that.
The other protects something you will use your entire life.

PC account.

2 Likes

Thats stylish patent, but i think the armor on the side of your incinerators is a bit light. Id use an 8x2 bumper there instead if youre going for max effectiveness.

1 Like

too much weight. incy builds i play usually take damage in front an back.

It’s difficult for me to appreciate melee builds, but I think the passive melee (Flail) arrangement on that one is pretty dmn clever. I might have to borrow that.

1 Like

The outside corners seem to help me grab people when I ram them. Victims bouncing off of me is always a struggle with melee, unless I’m also using a skinner.