Show us your builds

It just seems like the best way to maximize damage would be to do longer bursts with the fully charged perk.
With all Bigfoots going at a reasonable speed, the perk still only gets partway charged before the fused shiver finishes off the cooldown. With a longer cooldown, the perk would be charged by the time cooldown was finished, so all my shots would be at maximum damage. But adding a second Seal doesn’t seem to stretch out my overheat long enough to take advantage of that. Maybe I need to fuse my second Seal too.
I rarely use this style of shotgun, so I may be approaching cooling wrong. I prefer the reload shotguns, and the gremlin/goblin style.

After the energy rework, I might experiment with using some of the blue rads/coolers in combination with my epic ones. Might end up being the more efficient solution.

I am… not sure how to feel about this.
This is the OG:

Buggy wheels severely benefit the vehicle, but they don’t look as filled out as the racing wheels do (and I had to spend 15 minutes redesigning the chassis to fit the damn things)

1 Like

I like the buggy wheel look better. The racing wheels look too cartoonish.

I’m not sure what I think of the gun mounted on the engine. Have you considered making your engine hole one block longer, and slipping a verticle buggy floor behind the engine to mount the gun to?

It actually has a space there (Kronos has a weird slot in the front), but a Steppenwolf part is occupying it. I tried doing that when I redesigned the build to fit the Fin Whale, but it required me to offset the rear Joule and I couldn’t attach it to another repair node without it looking strange.

I think the racing wheel fits the build better. It just flows so nicely from the fender to the wheel. And the buggy wheel sits too far inside the fender.

1 Like

That’s funny. I would mount unicorn lollipop wheels if I thought it would slightly benefit my vehicle. I guess that shows the differing taste of the art community. Good stuff.

2 Likes

How important is that steppenwolf part?
I hear what you are saying about the flow of the wheels. I guess to me, the buggy wheels look more rugged because of that, and I like that. Still looks sporty, but also like it could go off-road.

Right after mentioning the part, I said I couldn’t move the autocannon back any further than that without moving or replacing the autocannon mounted on the cabin (which made it look strange).

Also, it isn’t really meant to look offroad-capable. It’s meant to look like a normal sportscar.

1 Like

Also, I do have to say that the angle of the showcase photo makes the buggy wheel look much larger compared to how large they (proportionately) actually are.

Semi-related: I don’t like how when I grab a screenshot of buggy wheel builds from my blueprints that they look like they have way more ground clearance than they actually do. If you take the same build into a match or to your range, the suspension compresses a lot and they look totally different.

I really wish gravity worked in the blueprint view.

It’s pretty dusty in this old hangar, and the cobwebs were thick, but I’m gonna get it back into shape.

It’s a mini-Chinook? Worked great.

I sold some stuff that had ripened fairly well and made a good profit, so I picked up a few Quantums while they are cheap to turn them. They are going for less than half of what they cost to fabricate, so I figure they’re going to have to go back up considerably.

I kept saying how the F2P model was the way to go with things being what they are, so I figured I’d put my lack of money where my mouth is and do it. I’ve got 12 days left to run nearly the entirety of this battle pass (at level 10), so I figured I’d better get on it and get those structure parts before it’s too late. So far so good.

3 Likes

Jukbows and alike benefits from Echo, flywheel and such. It’s an entire different thing.

Hadron, mine, + one of those might be fun.

Gremlins/ gobblins also benefits from rads and coolers, i would say more from coolers given from what i see of their META builds.
Personally i use the three configurations in my heavy build.
but i found out that the one i like the least is the traditional 2 rads + 1 cooler, but as i said it all depends of how you go about it.
I believe there’s no right or wrong approach in this issue, i can say one thing, other guy might say a completely different thing, most certainly our reasoning is coming from different styles, perks, and son on.
take ruptures and leechs as an example.
they have opposite perks.
In this case i prefer 3 coolers or more ( you will need more) to make it shoot as often as possible and minimize the cooldown period.
the other you can take a more traditional approach or even full rads

1 Like

One day I decided that if I ever became sufficiently bored I would recreate one of my builds from scratch and see how much I could improve it.
Today was that day, and so I present to you the Cobra M:

A heavily modified variant of the Cobra II (very old), This build has an impressive 6k hp, good damage output and a new invisibility module that, by sacrificing some cooling power, allows it to remain undetectable for a little over a minute.

It has retained its 60% base damage resistance, with an additional 30% applied upon cabin perk activation.

2 Likes

Turns out my real problem was that the guns were too close together, and were interfering in each other’s rotation more than I realized. Moved the two outer ones out a block and I’m suddenly doing way more damage simply because I’m actually hitting my target more often with all my guns at once.

Oops.

1 Like

That same problem affected my PVE build as well.

When corrected and with Billie the damage i put out improved.

you have a nice build there, glad you didn’t have to changed it.

1 Like

Screenshot 2024-05-26 175042

my newest mini monster…6+k with flamer, fused skadi from BP, fused bear and fused finwhale, also from BP…rofl
:rofl:

3 Likes

why not try a bigfoot/buggy combo?

That was the original layout (four of each).
It wasn’t bad, but I don’t like the tilted wedge look. And running all Bigfoots charges the gun perk nice and quick. Now that the guns have enough space to rotate properly, I’m not annoyed by the restricted firing angles so much. Only becomes a problem when trying to shoot at a Kapkan.

Just to say i’m pretty happy with my Puncher, not only it turned out for the better, but it’s better than before.
That’s because i re-oriented some armour for melee, i can have the luxury to throw my build into those saws and borers to delay the other guy, ( if some conditions are met ) or me or other guy in my team to finish him off.

I’m really, really happy with it

Plus, if they manage to knock off 2 wheels in the same side, the probability says my build will stay parallel to his build moving round and round, he can’t touch me and i can kill him, and i don’t totally lose directional mobility afterwards.

I’m not gloating, i’m just happy how the all thing turned out.

1 Like

So there was a build in the exhib called “wtf is this”, a cockpit fafnir monstrosity in it’s own right, and I saw potential for an absolute travesty. So that’s what i did, the pictures do not do justice on just how big of a pile of junk this is, but I love it. It works ok, nothing amazing but fafnirs + daze gets something done, but the main novelty is driving around an absolute hunk of junk

3 Likes

3 Likes