Show us your builds

Damnit Doc, you really have a knack for making Good looking builds (The angle and lights really help in the presentation. Crossbars on the windshield and windows at the sides (I love to actually see people put an effort have windows on cars), and devilish front of an old timer made to dismember…
You have a realistic touch and could design cars for a new Carmageddon game.
F*cking diabolical!

I’ll say it again, if you ever make a quad Tackler build (pref with Growl), make sure to let me know here. You definitely have a fan of your creations.

3 Likes

I want collectable custom license plates, or some stickers that look like it, so I can stick’em on there like this one.

I want more hubcaps too (more traditional), and actual hood ornaments. I can’t believe this game doesn’t have hood ornaments already (some that fit centered, other than the horns). We could start with a duck. Then there could be skulls, a donkey kicking his ass off, an"XO," a dragon, a bat, IDK…I could think of lots of stuff, but I’m not paying for them with Crosscrowns. I’d like to see them as rewards for brawls or in the Battle Pass.

2 Likes

Have an inoperable art build.

A hind found out in the wastes, the remains of its top blades where still spinning engine breathing. This thing was in the sky not to long ago. Or at least that is the rumor. now it is a garage trophy I mean how often do you find a copter with a working engine and weapon set. Just to bad it can’t fly as half its weapons are useless from the ground.

This was an attempt to reproduce the leaked hind from patrol. (see link here https://www.reddit.com/r/Crossout/comments/vr6svx/apparent_leak_aircraft_are_comming/ ) though it lacks on a lot as the cab is different, the leaked vehicle has a unique autocanon on the front gun 4x rocket launchers (you can max 3) and several parts that don’t exist.

1 Like

Sweet replica. It’d be super cool as a Leviathan sitting out in the yard, I think.

I keep thinking one day I’ll build some kind of art in my Leviathan slot, since I don’t ever use that feature for anything. I should at least have something sitting out there that’s cool to look at or fun to blow up, eh?

1 Like

Yeah about to rebuild this in the levi slot myself as mine never gets battles as no one uses that mode.

1 Like

I took that advice

3 Likes

Hella cool copter. Pretty sweet beast next to it too.

I tried to build a Trailer I could pull around the yard, but it didn’t work because of the oversized collision boxes.

I think I need to build an old tractor or something…maybe a taco truck. IDK. I need something in my Leviathan slot to spice up the farm. I keep saying I want some ancient UFO wreckage…A blimp? A TIE fighter…a hot tub?

I’ll think of something.

I finally decided to get a king mine and make a few speedy reload builds with my Hadron.

Name: Meat Wagon (7.9k ps)
Parts:2xAuger/tsunami/king/flywheel/hadron/AmmoPack/radio

Name: SwampPimp/Swamp Sindicate (10k ps)
Parts: 2xPorc/2xAuger/king/flywheel/oppressor/2xammo/hadron/radio

2 Likes

Trying Yokai’s and theyre so damn fun, no idea why they’re so cheap… well… I do know lol

5 Likes

I’ve tried hovers before (twice). I still don’t get it, but I’m going to try it again anyway.

This is awful. I did everything I would have done with a wheeled rig (I thought I was clever too) and it’s a complete disaster, and ridiculously over PS. A miserable wreck. It’s even loaded up with spaced armor, but wow. It’s really bad. Does not work at all. Not even for patrols…and I’m out of funding for this project. Those things are expensive.

If it was on wheels it would work so much better. I’m guessing I need to go as naked as possible with these hovers, because if anything gets shot off the rig becomes incredibly wonky and off balance. There’s quite the learning curve on these things, I think. I’m not really picking it up either, but whatever.

I’m testing my builds out in patrol (got pwnd there too), because I’m just too bad with these things right now to inflict that on actual players in PVP. I can usually carry my own weight in PVP with my murder-dolls, but not with this gig. It’s full-derp mode.

I’ll try another, because I like the enigma, but this first one goes into the chipper. It’s pretty bad…but it’s pretty. I wish it’d work, but it don’t.

2 Likes

It’s pretty expensive on PC… like, 1500+ coins vs 500 for a regular epic weap.

1 Like

I am also very bad at driving and building hovers, but I am finding that if I use them for drones or homing missiles I can focus more on learning to drive them.
I am finding that four hover builds are harder to build than six hover builds. Four just seems very unstable as you lose armour and/or hovers.

2 Likes

Oh lol says a lot doesn’t it

1 Like

Another build that sucks…

However, that one got MVP the first time out, took four kills before I ran out of ammo, and then has gotten completely pwnd ever since. IDK WTF.

I’m not really crazy about the power-score those last two builds are running at (9k). Everything is insta-kill, and I’m obliterated by whatever I encounter quicker than it takes for my guns to reload.

I’m done with it. No more hovers either. Selling it all. Gonna stay in my lane (5-7K) for a while. That wasn’t fun at all (very META), but at least it was quick.

Maybe I’ll continue to follow Tenshiijin’s lead (I’ve had better luck with that) and get some Augers.

If your trying to make low ps builds Hadron probably isn’t a good choice of cabs. Unless your doing the whole Hadron king reload thing with those quasars.

The claw wheels buff energy weapons, but they also don’t compliment most energy weapons playstyle. Like when I use pulsar and claw wheels I had to have opressor on that build. And the guns predictive fire makes it hard to both drive away and fire at the same time with the wheels. I suggest you remake the build with a blue cabin or something. Add an opressor engine at least.

As far as building with hovers. It definitely isn’t easy. You have to build them so that as they break away from getting shot from its front it won’t dip down and get too wonkey. One thing that would have helped your hover was to have a fifth hover right in the middle of the build behind your cab. Then you would be able to hover flat enough after losing your front hovers if you balance the builds weight out. The build you showed was def going to dip after like… One Canon shot. That’s not good at all. I don’t really love hovers either. It took me two years before I actually started to really play them. And atm I don’t even have a hover build. I’m just twiddling my thumbs with a set of fused hovers.

1 Like

This is actually what I did. I had some crappy old drone hovers builds at first because I couldn’t drive the things for crap. Key is don’t steer by steering too much. O. O moving with strafe gives you way more control.

For example your driving right in to a pillar. To avoid it do not steer your builds front. Keep the hover front streight and use strafing to get around the pillar.

2 Likes

I went ahead and joined the dark side.

Apparently this awful creation’s natural habitat is Sinto City. I got that map 4 out of five times with it.

It’s probably still too silly to be considered “META,” but it works anyway. Of course. It’s melee. Everybody knows if you want to win a gunfight, use a circular saw, right? It’s what the US Marines use, I’m certain.

I know, wrong wheels, eh? It started out as something else.

1 Like

Mih, sabath is actually pretty good on a melee build.
The extra power boost really helps push people around. The wheels have their downsides of course. Worse turning speed and being Wierd to build around. But I like how you set up that front. It should work well enough.

One on one dog fights are just more difficult for those wheels. Especially if your opponent your 1v1ing can do handbrake tight circles.

1 Like

Ya, but those are the Claws. I need to do that right though, but until then, I may have found a combination that makes Corvos work…

The Corvos with the Trombone makes that lucky bullet really smack hard. I also discovered the Corvos are very good at eliminating Hovers due to their excellent projectile speed. At this power-score they are pretty fragile, but very elusive and hard to hit. The Corvos solve that good.

I’m happy to have found something that makes Corvos competitive, because I really like that weapon, and when I started playing it was the one gun that really appealed to me (along with the Harpy, Oppressor, and Gun-Mount Wheels)…but it was very disappointing.

This one is just a shotgun build, because I thought I needed one in my rotation. I don’t do shotguns much anymore, and I have to say, this one conjures up a lot of maps I don’t like. I get a lot of Old Town and Sector Ex, but whatever.

It’s fun on the right map, but it’s easy to put back in the box and move on to the next build too.

1 Like

Oops. I guess all frontal wheels look the same when your drunk. Am I a wheel racist now?

1 Like