Show us your builds

That’s an interesting idea, but I don’t know if I could spare the energy.
I kind of do that maneuver already, by hitting the handbrake to do a skid turn while driving by a victim.
Still not sure if this both sides + front arrangement is good. The side mounted ones are great for removing an entire side of wheels and popping hidden explosives, but it’s really hard to do a successful drive-by.
Then again, that challenge is also what makes this more fun than a traditional ramming melee build.

I told this once and now i’m tell to you.

Beauty it’s in the eye of the beholder.

The last guy that downplayed his build as vomit, to me was simply poetry , not only was the best looking build of that day/ week, but it is very good.
I know because i ask him for it, and he gave it to me.
It’s my first import

2 Likes

Just yesterday i was thinking of them as i was missing ( near misses ) my attacks with my lancer

1 Like

Yeah, that is the advantage of having them firing in three directions: I can try to ram someone with the front one, and if I don’t line it up right I can still do a lot of damage with one of the side firing ones.
But I am sacrificing the big damage of all three facing the same way.

I don’t know why people aren’t using them as tempuras, i would say the large majority of tachis builds i see it’s all in one side , isn’t that going against it’s description ?

hitting the same part a second time deals a lot less damage.

At least what i was thinking was 1 in either side + 1 in the front + 1 pointed upwards or 1 tempura mounted upwards
or
the same but the last instead upwards would be mounted backwards
this two configurations as an alternative to the traditional all in the front.

The devs are trying to encourage side firing configurations. By doing a drive by, you are hitting multiple parts rather than trying to bore through one small section, and it also allows you to keep the speed buff to damage (buggy wheels also help with that).

I tried having one firing upwards for hovers and spiders, but I rarely did any damage with it.

At least, at first sigh,t i think i prefer your configuration, maybe the ones either side close to mid builder to serve also as a defensive weapon against other melee?

As a melee builds perhaps having one shooting backwards will be more useful?

I’m not sure how I could make use of a backwards facing one.
An earlier version had all three firing out one side, and it was very effective when I managed to make it work, but it was very limiting. Half the time I couldn’t even attempt an attack, because my victim had obstacles on the side I needed to attack.

that backwards one would be played defensively…
A melee build ( and others) can be very susceptible to be attacked/rammed from the back and from the sides.
If that happens (getting stuck between your target or wall and the build that’s pushing you from the back or sides ) you have more changes to do something about it than if you didn’t have nothing.
At least it’s how i would use them.
And since hovers are not as a thing as before…
Ram /melee, they are so popular now that i can have an idea where in the build i would put them…
In theory, nothing is absolute specially after the first action.

But, at least it’s how i’ll configure them at first

1 Like

The difference between tempura/Tachi builds and other melee/flamethrower builds is that you don’t really want to be pinning anyone for very long, so there’s not as much opportunity for anyone to ram into your rear.
Ideally you play them more like lances, and keep moving constantly.
But I am very curious if you could make rear mounting work.
Maybe you could make a bait build? Like a tracked build with lots of plows in front, inviting dogs to attack your rear?

If you attempt this concept, please report back about how it goes.

Oh, i will try it.
I’ve already have the perfect bait build ( there are games where i think it’s tusk proof, where i joust with them over and over again…but i don’t know if it’s cause the tusk driver or not. well when i tested the tusk cabin i couldn’t ram my own build from the side or front).

In a pin down scenario there’s plenty of time for a tempura to do some damage. and we can count to be pinned down by someone.

it’s certain, like in the times of the SG wedge, where i caught some with my gasgen, i mean even after they wedge me and see the gen, most of them shoot anyways, what did they expect?
the problem, we could have energy for defence mechanisms other than king mines
but we haven’t

@Poony4u

What about Acari + Tachis, once you hit the target, you can go at a leisure pace to finish him off

Better view to come tomorrow

And cannons should do more damage with a muzzle flash like this:

3 Likes

Update: Better photos

3 Likes

Classic.

they better be putting actual turrets into the game you cant do shit with these

Or just buff them.

Cannons aren’t scary like they are in real life.

2 Likes

Chainsaws aren’t either. They’re much worse in this game. Same with shotguns. Some of this game’s balance issues are probably due to how divorced from reality it is, and in the ways it is.

Those would be tough lines to draw; where and how you want to apply realism in a game like this.

1 Like

I don’t want complete realism, but an 88mm projectile doing nothing to a buggy that weighs as much as the gun does is kinda dumb to me.

2 Likes

Shotguns that can peel those 88s off in a matter of seconds is pretty rich too.

2 Likes