Show us your builds

i can understand why you think it looks stupid, but i unironically like how the buggy wheel version looks, i used to make my “race” builds like that, but you can’t compete anymore with the booster-sleds that are there, hovers were way less “over powered” in races than the current “sleds”

I mean I can see how it could be a nice raised offroad buddy, but i tried so make it look like one with some offroad bumpers etc and I just couldn’t work it, or i would do so to run a cloak, but as it stands it’s fun with low clearance if i dont care about winning, which I do so i can’t use it for longer than 10 games or so

i do remember making a buggy, a long time ago, i took some screenshtos of it, then took it apart, now i remade it from memory just because.

i’m not very great at taking photos of my builds, but i think it drives nice while looking good

going to take a drive in it on the player made garages (or race-tracks) then sweep it under the rug again…

4 Likes

Ok yes I understand your take on exposed guns. But for yongwang the gun is designed to allow you full firing angles and have it heavily armoured up. You can burry the gun so that only its top block is exposed and have full firing angles in all directions. You just need a four block space between the guns base and the armour. Also you can armour the guns bottom block all the way to its base. You can also drop a roof over the gun in a way that still allows it to have full upwards firing angles. It is not a gun meant to be exposed.

my anaconda monster

2 Likes

its a trike also for fast acceleration

3 Likes

I don’t like the look of the roof builds that look and run like dogs. I know they’re effective, but I like being able to shoot in the air and don’t like using it as a close range weapons.
Usually I will bury it behind a harpy cabin, but unless you build really wide the barrel will get nudged as it rotates.
This one is on an averter, but I’m going to try the new defensive module soon.
I wouldn’t normally run it unarmoured at the front of a build, but it’s been a more successful experiment than I would have guessed. I’m mostly shooting sideways anyway, so the rear of my build takes a lot of the damage.

Buggy wheels look good if you build lower, but I don’t think you could just add skirts to your build and have it still look as good.
I find they’re at the right height to run a lot of the syndicate parts in a way that makes them look nice.
I usually only have them four blocks wide in the front, but sometimes go up to six blocks in the rear if I need space to hide stuff.

You can make roofs that have full upward angles.

Yeah I can’t stand different wheelbase widths

I prefer four on both front and back, but a wider back doesn’t seem to impact handling too much, and I can build to make it look natural.
But to each their own! It’s what I love about the game

Yeah, but they still look ugly.
And how much elevation can you get while maintaining the advantage of a roof?

raod2022-08-26

1 Like

one of my raid rides… :slight_smile:

Enjoying

1 Like

Again, like I said twice, you can get full elevation. “full firing angles”

Wouldn’t you need your roof to be at least three blocks above the top of the gun, and four blocks of space on either side and in front?
I’m aware of that build style, but I don’t like to be that big (I get hung up on scenery too much when I try to be both fast and big), and I don’t like the look of that style.
I do miss having a shield on my Yongwang builds, but unfortunately I got greedy and sold mine last year.

I sold both my aegis too >. <. My roofs aren’t very huge. I usually lose firing angles to the sides the way I build them, but the whole front I have full height except on my newest build where I sacrificed a teeny bit of height because I put small plows as my front roof melee. I’ve always only left a block of space between my gun and my roof and it’s worked. The roofs were small enough to fit inside my double aegis and I used hatchets to get proper firing angles. Basically the hatchets started where the gun ended or something like that. But anyways the roof isnt my main point.

This kind of setup was.

I can’t find any pics or vids of my old roof build. I cleaned house and lost all evidence of it. Lol.

I usually do something similar to that, but not as wide. But since I was trying out Deadman, I figured I’d try the gun in front for a change. Definitely feels naked and vulnerable, but I’m better able to hit shots at close range while moving fast, so I don’t need to be able to tank that much damage.
By the way, Atilan works much better with Yongwang than the description would suggest. I can charge it completely with one volley!

Finally got some more Sinto City

2 Likes