Show us your builds

I’ll try to get a rear shot today, and I might take another shot of the inside of the build, so that you can see how I mounted the guns to deal with the self damage.
If I remember correctly, the guns are attached to gun mounts, which are attached to Master nodes, and also attached to an averter (which is also attached to the cabin).

Apparently I don’t actually have the averter connected to the cab on that build (I went through a lot of variations). Tested it today, and was able to fire at full auto charged shots for 5 minutes before I got bored and stopped. You need to keep retriggering the Master perk, which is why I have two plows on the front.

1 Like

Triple Arothron build with Torero for 30% tighter pattern and Falcon Co-Driver for -15% spread in movement, more engine power and no need for radar to get DMG perk working in Arothron optimal range. 7396 PS and 1964 HP, special 15% relod module instead of epic to lower that PS down so regularily face 6.5k - 7.5k opponents mostly instead of higher. For same reason no stealth module. Fun to carry rounds (35% mvp rate) with “underpowered” weapons that most seem to underestimate.

“New users can only put 1 image in post” so only one pic.

3 Likes

I love seeing someone other than me using Arothrons!
They can be very deadly if you practice enough.

The Call has been my Halloween avatar for three years now, I think. I mostly gave up on it after the speed nerf, but it’s my Crossout Halloween tradition at this point. I had to.

This did a lot better once I trimmed it down to right under 7K. I tossed a Grenadier in there with my two Fuzes and now it’s killing pretty good. It’s even got a small gas barrel in there, so I’m getting a little fuel with my wins.

I still wish they’d buff the speed on it. 77kph is a little ridiculous for it’s class, IMO. The Cheetah brings me up to 90+, and I was considering fusing it in an attempt to get this rig closer to 100kph. I hate fusion (not a gambling man), but it’s not like I’m going to ever not use this Cheetah, and I miss having a drone boat for when this game is wonky. I guess I’m going to have to go all in and fuse the Call too (I like the Call), but I’ll wait for the proper fusion event to do it, probably.

3 Likes

It’s been working fine so far!

Playstyle reminds me of light tanks in WoT, you just take “free damage” where you can and avoid getting stuck in trading too much and brawling. Gotta constantly keep that optimal range so not too far, not too close. And try to flank em and get behind for those massive generator/ammobox hits, many shots taken out enemies on first hit to just burning cabin with no weapons left.

1 Like

This one did me good this evening. I’ve been liking this weapon combo since the melee Borer thing got real.

I could sure use a little more speed from that Cheetah, but I think I like the build. It checks most of the boxes for me.

1 Like

Nice stats, youd expect arothron to be garbage but guess it can work!

My latest CW build.

Does this count as tryhard?

Griffon, cloak, 2 aegis, cheetah, 2 Destructors. Get in, undetectable to verifier, rip off a gun, shield on the way out. INFURIATE anyone trying to tell if they took the damn guns. Rinse and repeat.

I noticed last night that Arothron prices are much higher than they used to be on the PS4 market, so maybe more people are finally figuring out that Arothrons are stronger than they seem at first.

I haven’t played mine for a while, but it is deeply satisfying taking someone out with a single shot to the rear, especially with a gun that has a reputation as being very weak.

1 Like

Picked up a couple Varun crossbows because they’re so cheap, and thought I’d try giving hovers another shot.
I still suck at playing hovers, but having some fun with this build anyway. Was trying to go for a scrapyard junk hover kind of vibe:

Also crafted a third Miller to see how that feels, and so far I really like it! Lots of firepower, and the Favourite cabin lets me get away with just a single Seal.

2 Likes

Love that Tempura build! You put a lot of thought into it! +25% duration! Nice! Great job! :face_with_monocle::+1:

I had gotten frustrated with the Avalanche, then I built this…

It’s a bit bigger than what I usually build at 9.5K, and I’m not accustomed to playing up there, but I got MVP with it.

I’m pretty sure other players were setting up shots for me though. I’d drive up, they’d spit out a bad guy for me, I’d wreckischit , then drive around in a big circle to reload, wash-rinse-repeat. If I didn’t do him in, they’d put him out of his misery. It was a good system, whoever they were…thanks.

Maybe this weekend will be better than the last couple.

3 Likes

I wasn’t expecting much from this build but it it was fun for this morning.

I like this build, but it takes a lot of determination and luck. I want it to work, so it does, but cannons feel weak sometimes. Other times they don’t. I’m not sure I get it.

Because it’s October.

…and how can I not advocate for healthy boobs? Everyone should enjoy healthy boobs. Everyone.

Which also got me to thinking (about Crossout’s weak marketing); what if they introduced a pack that supported a charity when you bought it. Like if they donated half the cash to breast cancer research or care, or maybe that’s a bad idea because it could become political in the hands of a proper idiot? The publicity is usually good for the sponsors of breast cancer awareness, Special Olympics, children’s hospitals, and stuff like that. It doesn’t have to get political (like covid-19, Ukraine, or BLM) if there’s a responsible adult in charge…that’s probably asking too much these days.

3 Likes

Looking into my storage can be a bit depressing, a tiny sort of SGs and MGs and a few more stuff, each one in the subject pronoun singular form.
Relying only in “workhorse” can be tiring.
Fortunately, i have two builds to break the monotony (i definitely have to get more diversification).

Spot the differences between this two. One it’s for all kind of service, the other it’s when air superiority demands to be a thing, both have 7 tons and are the fastest thing i have.

3 Likes

Felt like challenging myself to making an “all special” build, and having a lot of fun with it. Did pyralids get buffed? They seem better than they used to be. Surprised how fast this one feels, considering there’s only a hardcore in there on a bat.

And also made a dumb thing for Halloween. Technically it is a trucker borer build, but completely wrong. Meant to be a mechazilla that kills things by mounting them. Weapons are a single borer, two tempuras, and a skinner. It is not good, but I usually get at least one kill with it.

Edit: here’s a better photo of my monster.

1 Like

Today I am continuing my exploration of the special tier.

Made a sinus car to do raids and MG challenges. Looks better after dropping the suspension on the front camber wheels to get more tilt, but you’ll just have to imagine that:

And then I decided to finally give those therms a proper chance. Turns out they are very fun!

I’m enjoying playing bat at this power score enough that I’m considering fusing one. More speed/acceleration would make it so much better.

2 Likes

A couple more all-special (or below) cars using Bat.

First, a mace car for shotgun days:

A quad tempura car:

And a dual tempura, dual buzzsaw car:

2 Likes

I’m really enjoying this special experiment. I haven’t played the 5000-6000PS range for a while, and I’ve missed it.
Sure, I’m seeing lots of those borer trucks you guys complain about, but I don’t mind them. They’re a lot easier to counter than the sparkvester seal clubbers that used to be a plague at this PS, and at least borer builds are accessible to new players. I respect them more than the weirdos trying to play relics and legendaries at this PS range.
Also, it’s not that borers are OP: it’s more that cars at this range tend to be much more vulnerable to melee in general. Which makes sense, given how small the cars are. Cannons hit harder too, and so do missiles.

Anyway, realized I needed a cannon build, and I think Medians still qualify:

2 Likes

Lower tier tracks would help this issue with low ps melee.