Show us your builds

Doc reminded me how much fun Waltz’s are, so I decided to try them on a fast Kami build, with oppressor and buggy wheels to boost rotation speed, an interceptor, flywheel, and a Doppler.

3 Likes

The Angry Nail, basically had a hadron argument build, very very barebones, and just switched over to the catalina cabin because I wanted to test it out in combat. Surprisingly this works pretty well, and even more surprising handles almost like cars used to before the latest update. No means anything amazing but a functioning basic build

2 Likes

I was pretty disappointed to learn that the fins for the Furia were only made available in the Deluxe pack at 64 freaking dollars (dammit, devs), and while the Catalina is a cool cab, with groovy lines, a cool perk, and nice grungy rust-rod audio, those structure parts that come with the packs are pretty terrible. What bummed me out the most was the Furia Nosecut having a durability of only 36 points; a beautiful but completely dysfunctional structure part that will sit in my inventory, never getting used, along with the even flimsier Furia fenders with a durability of 16. That’s right; just 16 points. These structure parts are even worse than the Torino’s, which are also beautiful, but mostly a waste of inventory space. I feel pretty let down by that situation. The packs are overpriced garbage, other than the cab, IMO. They should buff that stuff. It’s pathetic, but whatever. I don’t regret buying the lite pack, because I like the cab…

…but for shame, for shame, Devs. Very lame, Devs.

1 Like

Yeah, I really want the fins and the exhaust, but I am finding it hard to justify the price.
Might just get the light pack and then buy the fins on the market.
Also disappointed with the nosecut durability, but I can work around that.

1 Like

It’s a good fun cab, and like the devs said on the live-stream, it’s pretty ideal for raids, probably. I like to have a build or two on my roster just for raids.
I very much believe in rotating builds/play-style, and like to set my blue-prints up in a sequence. I start at the top, and then work my way down going through pvp with cannons, then MGs (high PS, to Low PS) etc, and then hit a raid or two with a build especially designed for that.

My second page is more clown cars and art builds, or temp stuff I’m experimenting with. Some builds I’m better than others with, but I think it keeps the matchmaker happy if I’m not always wrecking kids schit in PVP, and I play the fool occasionally. I have more fun, and less frustration that way, and I learn weapon arrangements I stink at sometimes.
Anyway, I think I like the Catalina for my raid build, as the devs suggested, and feel like the Lite pack was good buy for that.

I can’t look at the Deluxe pack as good deal at all, and the idea that the only pack with the fins is not just way over priced, but is also a limited offer is also very disappointing. It’ll cause those fins to stay pretty expensive, I think.

Their marketing is one place where I can’t applaud Crossout at all. It’s just so bad, but whatever.

I’m hoping like you, that maybe I can get those fins and stickers (the hologram is cool too, I think) off the market at a reasonable price, and I think buying the Lite pack is the way to go. It’s a cool cab. Crummy pack.

Decided to try out hovers again to see if I like them more after the update.
Thanks to whoever it was on the forum who let me know that Yaoguai and Vulture are boosted with reloaders.
Figured I’d slap some on a Hadron and see how spammy I could be with these little drones.
Took me about an hour to get used to the new controls, but once I settled in they actually feel pretty good to me.
I wish the invert control settings allowed us to invert strafe but not forward/reverse when in reverse mode, as I don’t like having to rapidly switch from reverse to forward when flying backwards, but I do want my strafing and steering inverted to make backwards flying more intuitive.
I’m not minding the rocking and bobbing with these weapons, as I’ve been able to use it as a variable tilt to either launch my drones further or closer, depending on my angle.

The look I was going for was a flying sports car, but not sure if I really nailed it.

1 Like

Looks good.
I finally got a set (had to sell the Spider and legs). I got the Icarus IVs. I tried lots of various hover builds on the exhibition before I got mine, and I found most of the ones on exhibition pretty darn wobbly, however I’m not having those issues myself…so far. I’m still under construction and taking it slow because they do seem more difficult to build around, but I’m pretty sure they don’t have to be wobbly. Mine aren’t rocking at all.

I’m tired though. Will try to finish the build later.

1 Like

I suspect the wobble problems might be more pronounced with people who are trying to make builds similar to sideways builds (or who are still running sideways builds).
Too skinny doesn’t seem to work well.
On a related note, I managed to get flipped yesterday playing this hover build, and the car jack couldn’t get me upright again. It would just do a little hop, and not come even close to flipping over.
Thankfully I’d already done a decent amount of damage by then, and for some reason the enemy team ignored me.
In another match, the melee under my build got snagged on one of the burning wreckages, and trapped me for a little bit. Not complaining about that, as I think hovers should be vulnerable to that kind of thing.

And can I just say that I love the little fires the hovers set on the ground underneath them! They look very cool. I think the devs should take that further, and make hover jets detonate porc barrels if they pass over one.

1 Like

I like the Omniwheel, but after the update I can’t use the handbrake to stop the car. Can someone help me?!

• Hello From Thailand -<
1 Like

I never used to use the handbrake with omniwheels, because it used to activate strafe.
Is it now supposed to work as a brake? And why not just use your normal brake? I don’t think Omniwheels benefit from the controlled drifting we use handbrake for on wheeled builds, so I’m not sure what advantage it would have over the normal brake.

Project 5C1F1_001

So, is this alien tech? I’m guessing it’s alien tech. It’s mostly Dawn’s Children and Nomad stuff. Are those guys the alien connection? Where do they get their technology? I need to read their background story again. I heard there were aliens…I don’t see any aliens. I think it’s a government conspiracy.

Anyway…hovers, right? Well, the price hasn’t gone down on these things, so I guess people still like them pretty good after all. I do. Mine handle great. I’m having fun. I’m just getting started, really.

I’ve tried hovers a couple times before, and without flipping them sideways they seemed pretty handicapped to me. I didn’t like it. I like this though.

3 Likes

While out on the hunt, following clues to the where The Lost F14 might be resting, Agramond and his crew The Lost Wolves see an eerie glowing light in the sky. Following it, only for the light to extinguish when they reach the Desert Valley, the clan stumbles on a curious find. Another nearly complete aircraft, what are the chances? Its flight log indicated that it belonged to a group called Flight 19, departure date December 5th, 1945…how can this be?

3 Likes

I prefer tiny hovers myself too.

2 Likes

While some of the other kids were elsewhere on the forum, struggling to be offended and angry, I’ve been having fun.

That isn’t rain. It’s melting snowflakes.

2 Likes

I’m absolutely having fun with the new physics. It’s so much fun fish tailing and whipping donuts while shooting at enemies.
XO The Grizz
XO The Grizz 2

3 Likes

Amen brother!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure there’s an option to invert Controls for the reverse view mode. I was considering ticking the box off when I saw it.

Honestly the whole deluxe pack feels like a last minute idea to milk out even more money, I honestly believe that originally they were intended as a regular pack item instead of being “deluxe” and the deluxe pack car is the regular pack car

1 Like

There are a couple boxes for that: invert steering (which I’ve done), and then invert strafe/throttle. I just wish I could invert strafe, but not throttle. It’s a small thing, but would help me use the feature better.

This is a rearmour of my build swamp pimp. Now dubbed Spiffy Jalopy. I have to say again the new controls definitely help with the way I play and aim my strafeing porc builds. Also this game was cray cray.

1 Like