Show us your builds

i thought it was a pig :crazy_face:

1 Like

My kind of silliness!

Maybe Carizar, like Charizar from pokemon…

Worst build ever.

Armored Tracks are just awful. Whatever they did to them…just no. They over steer, slip and slide, can’t turn for crap, can’t stop. Just no. Totally rage quit after taking that build out for a spin (pun intended), complete with a fist-pound and an f-bomb…I’m going to go hide in my garden and try to find my happy-place now. Later, I will try a traditional tankity-tank with a Fatman and IDK what, but for now I’m going to hit the green-house and go plant some cucumbers, peppers, lettuce, and tomatoes. That crap sucked…worst build ever.

2 Likes

Have you tried the tank tracks? I like them a lot actually. A lot more stable than armoured tracks, as long as you don’t build too skinny.
The new tracks are fun too, but a very different feel. More zippy, less tanky.

1 Like

No Crossout tank of mine has come close to my favorite toy when I was 10, the Tyco Fast Traxx. That’s probably a good thing.

3 Likes

I wish I had the space to enjoy an RC car. Drawback of city life.

1 Like

I’m still into RCs. I have a drone and a drone pilot’s license. They are kind of stressful because you don’t get to have a bad round and then all your gear is waiting for you back at the garage in top shape. Plus, I see my town as a maze of restricted airspace zones. Last summer I cracked my drone up so bad that I had to send it to Texas to get it fixed.

Its nice to log onto Crossout. No laws, no charging, no preflight checklist, no driving to unrestricted air space and you fly as sloppy as you want with no consequences.

3 Likes

Nope. Not yet. The way they keep screwing with this game, I’m afraid to buy anything. I spent most of my available coin on some new crap, like a Spark, some Goblins, and the Augers, and a little paint (Lava). I love the paint. I can’t help it.

I’m pretty happy with the Auger’s performance, but I’m getting the impression they changed the stats on the surface areas, or grip in general, in order to get Augers where they are presently. I’m thinking this indirectly nerfed a lot of other stuff. Those Armored Tracks feel like their running on magnetized ice. I hear some kids are unhappy with the way Omini Wheels are handling too.

I’ll need to slow-build something with those Armored Tracks, and test it piece by piece, to figure out how to make those things more stable.

How do I not try to build one of those now? I’m not going to be OK until I try. Who knows, as wonky as this game is right now, maybe it’ll work. It’s hard to tell what the physical laws are in this universe.

Oh well. If I need to win real bad, I’ve got Augers and Goblins. All the cool kids do.

1 Like

I used to put as much mass under the frame as I could with armoured tracks to improve the stability, and also used plows and bumpers mounted low to help stop some of the rocking when changing directions.
Haven’t played them lately, so I have no idea what they feel like now.

Re: augers and goblins. I’ve been making similar builds with gremlins, and the concept seems to work fine even when you take it up in PS. And it’s a combo that has worked for quite a while, so I wouldn’t be too worried about nerfing. Most players are too scared to learn augers, or too invested in how they felt years ago and don’t want to adjust.
And omniwheels are still fine for me. They don’t do the crazy diagonal acceleration anymore, but are smoother and easier to drive and aim with.

1 Like

Welcome to the darkside

4 Likes

NOOOoooooo…oh,ok.

I’m not sure what to do with it yet. I just bought a lot of crap that I had CKs for. I’ve got two CKs (Frankenstein and Ravager) for the Humpback, so I had to get one of those. MudnBeer kept kicking my arse with his Maces and I have CKs for those too, so even though I don’t need anymore shotguns, I got some of those too. I keep hoping to find him with my Goblin/Augers…Auglins? Gaublers? Aub-Gogglers? IDK.

I’ll figure out something to build with that stuff I guess. Terrible logic, probably.

That’d be great. I hope they don’t, but I’m MVPing the helloutta of those things in PVP. It’s just so brutal, I figure it must be broken, and I expect the developers to rain on that parade soon.

Having that killbutton in my garage lets me screw around with other things and takes the pressure to perform off, I suppose. Knowing I can win, if I want to, peels off the urgency to do so a lot. Now I can focus on sillier things, maybe. Sillier than the Gob-Augler? Yes.

1 Like

There are micro sized ones that are kind of fun.

1 Like

new movement part idea - tyco rebound wheels lol

4 Likes

Let me introduce you to the pinnacle of Crossout…

THE SKILLMOBILE!

Everytime I gain 15 fuel Targem loses a potential customer. Maybe they’ll fix their game if I go hard at it?

4 Likes

That’s exactly why I encourage newer players to stick with the basics of machine guns, shotguns, and cannons. They never Nerf those into oblivion.

2 Likes

I mostly agree with this. You should play a large range of play styles, rather than just the flavor of the month if you are afraid of being nerfed. I have been playing continually since fall of 2019, and I feel like cannons have gotten worse and worse.

When I started, Typhoons were the ultimate meta and they had a freeze ray perk that caused your car to lose all power and steering for a couple of seconds. In addition, Tsunamis, Pulsars and Mammoths all hit like a truck. The cool thing to do was to get Tsunamis on an Icebox cabin on a hover or ML 200 spider and crawl around and shoot stuff.

Cannons have gone downhill ever since. All of them have faced multiple nerfs while other things have taken over. A lot of cannon builds, especially Pulsars died out in season 2 when the Nova cab came out and ate shots with that shield. Every cannon except for Mastodon and Mammoth is weak and Mammoths reload too slowly.

In addition, non homing rockets, Waltz, Locust and Snowfall reload faster and hit harder than cannons so they generally out compete cannons in most situations. I look forward to the spaced armor changes because then maybe cannons can come back again and I might even want to get a couple of them.

2 Likes

Mammoths’ reload got demolished to sell Masts U_U

2 Likes

I’ve never been great at cannons, so I don’t miss the days when they were dominant, but I am excited for the coming changes. They should hit much harder than they currently do, especially against spaced armour.
The thing about having a cannon/SG/MG roster for the challenges is that it keeps you in touch with the current counters to the general long/medium/short range playstyles.
If you’re usually a long range player, it’s good to occasionally play short range or mid and experience things from that end. And vice versa: playing long range is great preparation for playing short range.

Here’s what I did on my day off while trying not to get sucked into lame discussions.

Starscream Jet and LADG Starscream. PC.

3 Likes