Skip to 6k

Not necessarily.
you can build a counter to a specific thing and as a collateral effect that thing it’s also good against a couple of other stuff, all depends how you build it.
It’s impossible to be good against everything. You can go Jack of all trades master of none or you can specialize your build and know that it will prevail if you encounter certain builds. Both have their weaknesses.
From where i’m siting
Bastion borers don’t seem a hard thing to crack. At least Bastions with dual Tsunami aren’t or triple harvester Ice box or…

1 Like

You are right friend, i was too hastily in my reply.
but from experience in countering specific builds, it gets harder when you are not facing your favored enemy.

It is. Some builds ARE good against ANYTHING. Piercers and IMPs by nature are that kind of weapon.

XavierTM told me i was a noob ingame, because i was not using a borer tank, what has the crossout world come to?

lmao wow, yeah I got called a seal clubber by a guy because I beat him and he’s nearly prestige 300 so I understand

1 Like

we all know you love your machineguns UltraLocust, it seems that is all you play

I agree some builds are good against anything, but I’d argue that a good rapid-fire MG get trumped by a good MG more times than not. In close quarters, it’s 60-40 in favor of the rapid fire MGs, but any other range, MGs can pick them off/weaken them enough that the close range is still in the MGs favor. Basically if you don’t sneak up on a good MG, he’s got the edge.

What I’m really saying is I play MGs and so ofc they are the master race xD

But for real though, they arecapable of beating all other weapons types, while not necessarily being better than any of the other weapon types at those weapons’ strong suits. (I.e.- the rapid fire MGs are designed to be better close quarters, but they still can lose there to an MG. But the inverse is not true. A good rapid-fire MG cannot beat a good MG at medium range)

Like i said in my original post, skip to 6k, because seal clubbing melee borers and machinegunners will rip you apart at 4-5k.
the game is not fun for people who keep dying against these overpowered meta builds.

Personally, I see lots of variety in that PS range, and don’t have a problem playing any weapon type down there.
As long as you are fast, almost anything can work.
I’m on PS4, things might be different on other platforms.

I tried a lot of things. And found what suits me best. Why would I play things that are inferior, weak by balance or just inconvenient to use? Just why?

1 Like

In theory yes. But in reality? Heavy melees are slow and shouldn’t be able to catch any growl builds, but due to some reasons they just do.
Same goes for MGs. Long range camping just works bad in xo, too much ambush weapons and tactical solutions for it. Also speeds and mechanics of crafts… only hovers can keep range effectively so they were nerfed hard for their bias-ness.

1 Like

and herein lies the problem friend, so much builds are inferior to machine gunners and borers at low ps, i can understand you want to win and build a good car, but when everyone plays the same sh!t because targem is too lazy to balance the game, it becomes a boring game.

if cannons were the best, everyone would play that,
if drones were the best, everyone would play that,
etc, etc…

you get alot more satisfaction from using “inferior” weapons and getting a good score than when you use the current meta

I agree piercers are bias and need some nerf. But I would not stop playing them when they will become “not meta”, only if they nerf them to complete trash. When shotguns were meta - I fought them with piercers, and it was kind of standoff. When parsers were bias - I didn’t play the game at all.
It’s not just having piercers that is bias, but also having a proper build and using proper tactics.
On the other hand… who would play the game with ideal rock-scissor-paper principle? Where you would just kill someone like trash because they happen to have wrong class of weapon or just die the same way because someone else have something that sealclubs you? If this was that kind of game - you wouldn’t had the ability to build your own crafts. The very idea of building is you can add unique traits to your craft and sometimes even escape all that meta and rock-scissor-paper crap.

1 Like

I think I’m going to make a Junkbow build just to prove that MGs and melee aren’t as OP as y’all are claiming.

1 Like

Then you get raped by a totally-not-aimbot-using sideways hover with fused everything who bounces around at mach 3 while somehow snapping his aim at your guns with perfect accuracy through half the map, ten meters of shrubbery and other visibility-obstructing crap, and disarming your build with two taps while it should take four times as much.

1 Like

Nope, I’ve never felt very threatened by low PS hovers.

Again, it’s all about driving. Get close to a low PS hover and it’s game over for them.

Besides, I rarely see any good low PS hover players on PS4 anymore. Not going to cry if one takes me out once in a blue moon. It’s not like they are dominating low PS by any means.

1 Like

true. Some builds are harder to face than others when a person choose to build specifically for something. Many times what’s harder to face comes in a very unsuspected form or type. (for others).
Sometimes even, for a reason or another, a person never gets to face his nemesis because he ends up being killed before (it happens) and the rest of the team can’t coup with what was left breathing and firing and moving .
The knowledge and or the certainty of , if only i was still in the game it would be a different story.

In the end .It’s all a matter of choice, the possibilities are in a great number, it’s just a question of finding what ticks you more. and from my answer i think you can see which way i went.

1 Like

Ahahahahah

Imps and Piercers, ok, fair enough.

But what about the rest?
the weapons are just a part of a build, a important part, but a part nevertheless.

Don’t tell me that you go on foot with your “little friends”?

Scarface - Say Hello To My Little Friend (HD) - YouTube

(just joking a bit)

1 Like

I have used machine guns, and almost exclusively machine guns, since day one, 5 years ago. But honestly imo, machine guns haven’t gotten any better (other than them giving the Punisher a perk after a year plus of it not having one. Meanwhile the Typhoon got over a year and a half of uncontested most OP thing this game has ever seen, stun lock), the game has gotten more balanced and let them shine.

The barrels are my little friends : D
Been giving me nice oneshot bang kills before avalanche noobs arrived to the show.

Almost : D