Sorry, but these numbers suck

Careful to not conflate “I like it” with “it’s better”. As long as you ain’t saying augers and MLs are better than hovers rn…

Definitely not saying that, but I do think Gerridas, omniwheels, and Atoms are close enough to hovers that they’re competitive against them.
The slow parts aren’t as good, but also aren’t so bad that you can’t have satisfying matches with them.

I wouldn’t put Atoms up with Gerrida, Hovers and Omnis tbh, those 3 are on their own level currently.

2 Likes

This would not stop co-ordinated queing. You can be in a “squad” without being in a formal group. We used to Que this way when I was in an active 20 member CW clan. (back when it was 8 per side)

:100:

I’ve only recently started using Atoms, but I’m not sure why people rate them lower than omniwheels.
So far I find that they handle better, and I’m finding the shield perk useful. I wouldn’t say they’re better than omniwheels, but they feel pretty comparable to me.
I’ve been swapping them in for omniwheels and not had any problems, other than needing to change some armour pieces because of the mass difference.

The other 3 are more responsive = better.

I feel a slight difference, but not so much that it’s causing any issues for me.
I find they do better on hills than gerridas do, and while they’re not as zippy as omniwheels, I also find their handling smoother and more easy to control. Omniwheels always feel a bit jerky, and I crash more with them.

Also, I like how atoms will climb obstacles like augers and legs do. I’m often able to use that when cornered against a wall.

Not saying they’re better, but they don’t feel significantly worse to me.

Gerridas > Hovers >>> Omnis >>>>>>>> lots of things >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Atoms

Atoms are bad because they fail at armoring your car. Literally all their stats are geared towards tanking, but the model is atrocious for that.

I think Gerridas are top of the heap still even after the tonnage nerf as well.

For me, the big seperator is how the Gerrida handles firedogs. A dog can hit a Gerrida build from the side or almost completely in the rear, and as long as the dog runs into Gerrida legs the Gerrida build can turn and face it. Hovers can’t do this and get pushed across the map on flat ground.

When an Omni gets hit from the side or rear, it can’t adjust to face the adversary either.

In addition, when a hover goes over tonnage, or the build goes overweight from losing the engine, it stops in place and can’t move. When an Omni build loses too many wheels, it spins wildly in place. Gerridas seem to be fully functional and can move around fine down to the last leg. Since each big build has 10-14 of these things at 600 HP each, Gerridas are practically invincible, in that the frames will give out before the Gerridas do.

In addition, my hovers have 1800 to 3000 HP while my Gerrida builds have 4000 to 6000 HP. My 5700 HP Gerrida Humpback Helios spider does 70 KPH with decent acceleration. That’s disgusting.

2 Likes

Agreed. Abusing camera steering to stay 100% mobile down to the last movement part is a BIG thing, blatantly ignored by devs. No strafing part has been meta without the ability to abuse cam steering since its introduction.

Hovers are a bit less mobile when down to 1-2, but they’re still very guilty of abusing cam steering to mitigate the effects of being crippled. Meanwhile my 8 Bigrams piece of shit falls to the side and refuses to move after losing two legs lmao.

On the simple basis that they can’t be crippled and that devs will not remove trash cam steering, gerridas and hovers’ durability should be nuked.

2 Likes

Um I don’t use cam steering and they still work as stated. (I do agree it should be removed, but it isn’t the problem being discussed here, it’s a separate issue that applies to all builds imo)

1 Like

Cam steering makes it possible, at least with hovers. Driving and aiming manually while on 1 hover is ass without cam steering.

Dunno about Gerridas, didn’t really try them. I just see 1 legged complete builds so something must be wrong :skull:

I’m actually planning on upgrading my Atoms but I’d generally agree with your assessment. I do love my omniwheels too though. I’m hoping they’ll be a little more responsive after the upgrade. I find the shielding really useful in raids for the most part more so than PVP.

I have some issues building with legs but it’s not just the new ones. I’m just not fond of the elevation and the near non-existent push resistance. They ended my fun of carrying around Atoms with legs too in the last change.

1 Like

I do it on hovers and legs. I have even played builds with only one hover or one leg for shizs and giggles. I call them skid builds.

But it doesn’t really matter if I can do it without cam steering, it should still be removed.

Mine too. I had a pair of sabbaths in my spiders, around my genny. They ended that glory grabber.

I was having some stupid fun with them in the high 15ks using the Atoms to armor the ammo boxes hanging below the leg build. That tonnage loss was a real killer even though I think it will be good for the game in the long run.

1 Like

If they get rid of camera steering, I’ll have to either get a very fancy controller or give up on strafing parts.
My hands can’t handle holding in those joystick buttons anymore, so camera steering has been essential for me.

Having said that, I could do better maneuvers with the traditional controls. I just couldn’t do it for more than an hour before my hands started seizing up.

I think you guys are overestimating how much of an advantage camera steering gives. Maybe it’s a bigger deal on PC?

The only reason I use it is hand comfort. The old controls allow you to do more things.

Not overestimating anything. Before cam steering people couldn’t drive omnis 10s without spinning out of control. Nowadays they run laps around your build at 100 kmh while pointing towards your juicy bits 24/7.
And regardless, easier for the hand = easier = better. I could say macroing is easier on my hand than manually firing Varun, and it’s clearly not helping because I can totally do it by hand.

The truth is, without cam steering, you don’t get half the OP stuff we had since 2.0. Every huggin build is strafing and cam steering. Every horseshoe Oma build is cam steering, a whole meta was built around it before Gerridas. 90% Gerrida users are cam steering and boxing their weapons accordingly.

1 Like

That’s not true I had no issue with them before or after.

2 Likes

On PC most people don’t know how to do the reorientation of the camera using the T key. That’s really the biggest issue most people have. So they sometimes get confused and turned around while people are slamming them into walls and stuff.