Where are all these players coming from?

So you don’t think they are related in anyway?

Dirty Hamster every thing that has been said in the past 2 to 3 hours on this thread is disjointed beyond belief. I will delete everything I said in the past 2 to 3 hours up to the last post of the picture I made that showed the player count that said 11,197 players if you delete everything you said up to that time. I am not even going to answer that question because you got to be more specific.

So basically you delete your stuff I will delete mine but it is up too you. Thread is very bloated

Oh come on it was speculation over massive fraud vs maybe there is a reason for the numbers going up i.e hiring outside for beta testers they don’t get which is a bit of a joke.

Dirty_hamster I really can’t understand the way you explains stuff that’s the problem. I remember saying that to you one time before on another thread because I couldn’t understand yea. Everything you said was very disjointed it just made my brain hurt and that is why this thread got so bloated has it did.

as a new player (PC but not Steam) i joined about a month ago , i can tell you why i joined and im thinking the increase in numbers is all in marketing. I joined because 1. i didn’t even know the game existed i had not seen any advertisements since the game came out. But this December i started seeing ads all over youtube and after seeing like the 100th ad for it , i started looking up youtubers who played watched their videos and then joined myself. Im liking it alot.

3 Likes

Thanks for your input, how long after seeing the ads did you actually join?

Unless you can point out which lines confuse you I can’t really clarify them. The tread was already bloated though with a days or so worth of comments before I even commented.

At this point I think it is just another resergence as a few of those new players are already strarting to trickle into the 30+ area do to either over tiering their builds or part spam.

I think it is just we are seeing t he fruits of the gameplay changes the made with 2.0.

1 Like

I’ve seen occasional advertisement or sponsored mention on tech-youtubers. I even have nearly all adds blocked web and youtube, but the mention segments are there and few random adds I also see. Then there’s RTX and DLSS, surprised no one mentioned that.

I was really surprised to see Nvidia mention Crossout little time ago, since Crossout felt such a small game. At the time I didn’t have time to check how much the game has visually changed by that, I believe it’s called Crossout 2.0 now.

I don’t really play the game anymore, and can’t, but desided to come take a brief look, both ingame and forum.

2 Likes

There is way too many to count.

1 third of this entire thread is about your mass testing theory which is even more far fetched than the fake account theory which we touched base on but at least didn’t dwell on it for too long. If the mass testing theory were real than it should be easier to prove than the fake account theory because I am sure at least 1 of those 6000 people would of said something by now or there would be at least some kind of rumor about it. It is easier to hide fake accounts because fake accounts don’t talk but 6000 hired gun testers if gaijin even had the money to hire them in the first place illegally inflating the steam charts would of said something by now.

1 Like

It comes from bots… installed this game after 3 years to see again same selling bs. You are playing every day for a month to have good weapon and then they just release “balance” update… i think am going to quit again, same bs every time.

That’s a lot of bots.

I’m wondering how high the count will go? I was thinking 12K-ish and it would either level off or tank, but I didn’t expect any of this, I’m not sure what caused it, and so IDK.

I’ve heard from a couple new players who said there was a strong ad-drive, so I’m guessing that’s the reason, and these numbers are legit, and that’s good news for this game. Now if only the developers can make the game fun enough that those people will stay and keep playing, because I don’t think it is. If they don’t get their butt in gear those numbers will dive back down to where they were in no time, I suspect, and bring with the collapse a whole new wave of bad reviews and a global refresher course on why not to play Crossout will be installed on Steam.

This game does not get very many good reviews, and a lot of those good reviews look fake as hell, IMO. This has never been a very popular game. I’d like that to change, and I bet the developers would like the pay-off too.

fallout 76 did something similar , except they were claiming they had 13 million active players , but never had more than 1 percent of those players online at any given moment

2 Likes

I have to admit, I don’t see the effects of any massive increase in game when I play.

The NWO runs on BS and blood, and I’m pretty tired of that business model. I don’t want to believe that’s what’s going on, but it’s hard to rule out as a possibility. I’m going to stand in the hopeful camp for now, and presume these numbers aren’t science-fiction. I will expect measurable results eventually. Especially with numbers this far out.

1 Like

I knows one thing with near certainty and that it is not old players.

1 Like

Seeing a lot of new faces in chat ingame so 100% think some of the new numbers are actually new players, like more then a few.

A note though, it could be someone setting up a market bot for some of them to buy and get gold for their main account as well a few of the new players have way more gold or better gear then they should with so low on play time.

2 Likes

We have a lot of new players on Xbox.

1 Like

I’m optimistic that this BP will be a good one for getting new players to stay. A four energy generator makes things a lot more interesting for new people, although many will end up in a PS range they won’t be ready for.

2 Likes