Where are all these players coming from?

The optics are very good. The chart appears to have leveled off at 11,187, which I think is identical to yesterday…which is maybe a little odd? I hope they launch this battle pass soon. This game can be a lot of fun when it’s in a groove, and this looks like a pretty one.

EDIT: I misread the peak for the day. It was actually 10,999.

By the looks of both the reddit, and discord. Yeah it is literally just new players and many of them are enjoying the game. So we lost vets and gained a crap ton of new and really old players in return.

I am begining to think crossout might go from a stable “dying” game to a great game again.

4 Likes

If they don’t suffer from burn out, I didn’t start playing this game until 2018 but according to steam charts it only took 3 or 4 months until the player base halved and it pretty much stayed that way since. I say the devs are trying to market this has a new game with the 2.0 in the title to try and gain interest.
If I had to make a prediction because there is already a devoted player base what is going to happen next when the next drop off occurs than 7000 to 8000 players will be the new norm and that is where it will stabilize. I say that is somewhere between 2 to 4 months away when that will happen.

Noticing a lot of very low PS players when I do easy raids, many with no codriver.
It makes me happy, because new blood is good, and because it makes my cars look massive next to them. Plus it’s fun to look after my little miniature teammates, rescuing them when they get mobbed.

2 Likes

Sounds right…

I don’t play a lot of games. I simply don’t have time for that. So, I find one I like and play that almost exclusively. I’d rather find an older game that is still actively being updated than a new one that will die in short order as soon as the new wears off.

Crossout, for all its faults, certainly isn’t abandoned. Half the whining about the game is about all the meddling the devs do.

2 Likes

My burn out from this game is near it’s final stages but I burns out from every game after a while and crossout is no exception. I might not take a nearly 2 year break like I did last time but I have been slacking off and I am soon only going to pick it up when a major battlepass releases. I don’t mind throwing 10-20 dollars in the game every once in a while for the battlepass. I have been working on other games I have been juggling with lately has well.

1 Like

I think I hear that. I used to be able to tolerate it’s faults a lot longer. Yesterday, I was done with it before it even finished it’s boot cycle. By the time I reached the first splash-screen, I didn’t want to play it anymore.

When they finally release the Borer nerf I’ll probably give it another swing. Until then I’ll probably be in Riverwood, renovating my underground Draugr infested, abandoned, Orc bar and grill, hidden mercenary barracks on the edge of town mod.

I want to put some Crossout Easter eggs in there, but I haven’t decided on what yet. I was thinking a horse with the XO logo for a brand on its arse, or maybe re-texturing some Dwemer artifact in Crossout fashion. I could put a food item on the menu and name it the “Nomad Goat Burger,” or the “Retcher.” IDK. There are a lot of options.

1 Like

Go live your life man, crossout got my brain turned to mush as well. I hear you about the borers at low ps. I was playing 5k today seeing if I could see any new players from the recent uptick and borers were by far the toughest of all the builds. I was using 2 porcs and 2 meatgrinders and even I had a tough time with them so I can feel your pain there.
This is a few of my good clips from my 5k session today

I made this channel yesterday just to report the cheaters I encountered but I might upload a scattered gameplay video. I say i have a browse thru yours the once

1 Like

You play any other games besides crossout? I like the game but not enough to wear or decorate my place with merchandise.

1 Like

We also have a lot of new faces in the forum.

If they are new or old players I don’t know… but it still shows people have more interest in the game.

1 Like

I like Skyrim and the Fallout franchise, but mostly due to the Creation kits and for building mods.
That’s what I’m contemplating planting with Crossout references (Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas), and have done a little already. I’ll probably gather some more recent screenshots for examples one of these days, if I ever come up with anything interesting.

I have two separate updated versions of that outfit now, and they’re both currently a bit different than that example (no patches on the britches). It’s old. I’ve got a Lunatic full patch jacket and a prospect’s jacket in locker on a Rad-Scorpion shooting range I built outside of Goodsprings, New Vegas. My hideout there (Hanger 13) is colored with a bit of Crossout Propaganda, along with those jackets.

So far I haven’t worked in any into Skyrim. I’m still sorting out the devastation various updates have done to my Skyrim mod, but I think I got it about wrapped up this morning and it’s ready for some Crossout themed clutter, weapons, books, or bobbles. I just haven’t decided on what yet, and I still need to do a walk through to make sure it all works, but so far so good.

1 Like

that is a town in skyrim is it?

1 Like

It is. It’s the first town you arrive at after the introductory escape routine.

I had to google it because i haven’t played skyrim since it came out and I didn’t get very far. When you were talking about playin easter eggs i thought you were talking about decorating a real life place

1 Like

I’ve never gotten very far either. I’m too captivated by the Creation kit and what I can build with it. It’s not much different from my attitude towards this game, I suppose. I like the build feature better than the game itself. I don’t like video games as much as I like creative expression. If Crossout didn’t have a build feature I wouldn’t play it at all, and that’s the same situation with Skyrim and Fallout. Without the creation kits, I wouldn’t play them ever, and currently only play them to test my mods.

That’s sort of how the developers of this game operate too. They create a lot of interesting content, but obviously never play the game either.

The building game I am working on now is jurassic world evolution 2. I just watched jursssic world dominion the other day (which sucked) so I would have a better understanding what the game is about. Also started playin stray the cat game but I think I am going to get thru evolution 2 first then move on to that one. Don’t feel offended if I don’t like all your posts because I’m a little more reserved with my likes, I am the same type of person who hate getting birthday wishes so no offense. My rule of thumb is about 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 posts.

1 Like

I like all kind of video games from creating games to just about everything. To be honest I’m not much in the building aspect, I like it sometimes but i think the artsy part of me kinda faded away along time ago. Now when it comes to playing music it is different but I am not a good visual artist anymore but I used to be a good artist.

2 Likes

This is one of the reasons I have always posted my builds for everyone. Some people don’t enjoy it, some don’t have time for it, and some just can’t wrap their brain around it.

On a side note:

I know this is a little evil… but if you got guys that are running a build that is not on the exhibition, and it looks like it is preforming exceptionally well, and after I ask them for a copy they are not willing to share, then I’ll take a screenshot of their car and a redesigned version of that car will appear on the exhibition within the hour.

When I get answers like “This is a clan only build” what I hear inside my head is “I’m a Dbag, would you please redesign the same concept but better and post it for the whole world” and then I always answer “Thank you sir, check the exhibition in an hour or so.”

1 Like

I like my builds being unique, if I see’s everyone else using it than I don’t use it even if it means playing a less superior build. That is my own personal thing.

1 Like

Not only am I the same way in crossout, but I am the same way in real life. Eons ago, I bought a 1995 Honda Accord four-door. Beige. Little did I know, but it was the best selling car in America that year. Less than a week after buying it, I walked out of the grocery store to find I nearly identical Accord parked next to me, parked in front of me, and parked diagonal from me. It was nauseating. I swore to never make that mistake again.

A few years ago, I was in the market for a commuter car. I was prioritizing fuel economy, then comfort. Prius, right? Nah… I got Ford’s version, the C-Max. It’s much nicer inside, not quite as goofy looking, and they only sold like 8 of them. LOL

The same carries over to CrossOut. I’ll never be a “meta-build player.” I’d rather die. LOL

3 Likes