Connection issues

Yeah - Because H4TE used Australian servers to cheat at Clanwars, they took them down so we have to play in Eu at 273 or Russia at 338. I am one of the better internet connections and maybe 50 ping lower than others. We still usually max out at Bronze for Uranium so we get by.

1 Like

youtuber said Crossout uses War Thunder’s back up servers

This paints part of the picture, since the issue is dramatically worse during peak hours of use/online gaming. If only Crossout had better ways to resolve packet loss.

You can send input to the server, yet you get the wrong output in return. I would think if they could just make the server send the appropriate packets to you based on the time the issue would be fairly resolved.

dude, honestly i think the best thing you can do is simply not bother.

since this forum was made there has been multiple posts complaining about the exact same packet loss issue, and all of them just end up with skula blaming it on your internet, ive tried getting this fixed myself and it’s just a big waste of time.

one thing you can notice on most of the posts about packet loss is that the issue doesnt get fixed after they change ISP, this issue is ONLY happening on crossout and absolutely nowhere else, and people from all around the world share the exact same problem, and yet, the answer is skula telling you to get better internet every single time.

its a waste of time, better just not even bother with it than spend your entire week debating with someone who’s clearly just trying to dismiss as many complaints as he can with the same excuse.

So true. Crossout got the worst servers i never saw in my long gaming life.

In addition with the initial issue there is now servers lag spikes for few weeks/months now (every players in the battle lag at the same time). Some players got so used with this now and know by heart all the laggy servers names…

While server stuff is the most complicated to fix and work on, their priority and interest to work on that seems to be very low, and as we learn with the years, it’s useless to complain about it they do not care unless it get critical state where it’s really unplayable every battles. It’s even harder with a moderator that is just here to say it’s your internet fault and not giving issues feedback to the dev team.

1 Like

Xbox market/chat/login servers are completely broken Since the last patch.

You time out all the time.

1 Like

It has been that way since the start of the game. They never listen.

The dev team does not even come here any more. So it is pointless to even ask.

2 Likes

Yup, the servers lag so much for me this game not fun and almost not playable, my pc is new, spoke with my wifi provider, cleaned my pc and tested my connection 98% of the lag/ragdoll is on their end but if you file a report they claim it’s on our end not theirs, they need to fix their servers, maybe update them as it’s clearly not the player base if this lag effects PC/PS4/Xbox players all over the world!

At this point this game isn’t fun and almost not playable and it’s all on our end right Rough?!

Skula, the issue is getting worse. It’s on your end.

Something goes wrong and the server loops sending the same packets over and over. I can’t figure it out without seeing your logs. You should try relaxing the timeout parameters on confirmation packets. I don’t know what else to tell you. I see it almost every single CW session where someone get desynchronized. Locking to your region helps, but in the case of playing in silver+ on NA the queue times becomes 20 minutes and longer. It’s not a viable solution.

Expecting people to fix loss that occurs on transoceanic play is a silly notion. And having slight loss should not cause this kind of issue. There is something wrong with your startup parameters/NAT. Please work on this. If you let me see your server logs I can help pinpoint the issue.

This amount of loss should not cause this:

I went ahead and put the feed of what I see (rubberbanding, unplayable game), and in the upper right is the discord stream of my clan-mate. You can see the clock is desynchronized, you can see the discrepancy in gamestate, what I see and what my ally sees.

The game can handle spikes of loss and ping in the middle of the match, why does this happen only from the start? It can’t possible be all on my end when multiple users have the exact same issue.

Please fix this or let me help you fix it and give me the data I need.

1 Like

I just had a desync on wheel80 while your own in-game test report shows 0% loss on that server

And to be ABUNDANTLY clear, this issue only occurs at the start of the match while the countdown is going on. If CW was only one round you would take the gamble of a desync once a game like pvp, but in CW you have the chance of a desync up to THREE times.

Skuuuuulaaaaa do your job

1 Like

same thing happening to me every day from last month :no_mouth:

lol i wonder

literally no packet loss what so ever

Dude, this crap is starting to happen on NA lock. You have got to be kidding me.

“JuSt LoCk reGiON”

4 hour leviathan cw window, NA lock, top 60, ~5 games in 4 hours. For reference this window ends at 0800 hours for me.

Skula, can you please fix this? Stuff like this really makes me not want to play the game. I know I am not alone.

My CW sessions with NA lock are turning into waiting 15+ minutes for a game and after three windows I’m only 2/3rds the way to silver cap. This is becoming a waste of my time and I don’t think you care in the slightest.

Just relax your timeout parameters and force the server to send current packets and stop looping sending old packets.

NA locking is not a viable solution

I “played” for 2 hours in this window, got 4 games on NA lock. This is absurd.

Zero percent loss testing all over EU. Except your servers still do the same crap over and over.

logs:

Please for the love of all things good Skula, fix your crap.

It bears repeating how weird it is that your net tester reports a 10% loss between my computer and my router. The issue with certain servers straight up refusing connections from certain clients should be taken seriously.